The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1940
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo

monty python reminding us it could be worse...
Have literally lost all hope now, horrible knowing that you just weren't good enough to get an immediate direct offer :frown:
Sorry forgot to post in here, but for anyone wondering I was given an offer from newnham for BioNatSci around 5pm yesterday. Good luck to everyone still hoping to be fished!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I hope Cambridge realise how brutal this process really is. Why not just delay giving out offers until pooling is complete?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Silverland
This pooling business is probably making me fall out with a very good friend of mine as I'm incredibly bitter that he's just been fished for maths (Girton).

Ty Cambridge for unleashing the worst in me :V

(In other news I'm being consumed by a cathartic envy. If anyone else is hoping to go to Durham if Cam don't fish them, then I hope to see you there~!)

Argh, another maths applicant... Why can't they just hook me already

Reply 1945
Original post by ileng1
yeah i saw! but thats just one person, have you herd of anyone else? applied to queens', you?

No I haven't heard of anyone else, have you?
I applied to Emmanuel :smile:
All this waiting is making revision so difficult!
Original post by Sharpeyj
Hi! I think I remember speaking to you before the interviews concerning the whole delayed interview invitation debarcle! And no I haven't seen anyone, the wait continues... Good luck :smile:

Haha ah yes we probably did speak. Ive seen one person on here thats got an interview from fitz for natsci, thats it. Thanks, and to you too! I suggest you try and occupy your time with some exciting revison, thats what i'm trying to do :tongue:

EDIT: just read someone above me get an offer for bionatsci, congrats!
(edited 11 years ago)
what the hells happening with chem eng?
Reply 1948
Original post by •Ball•So•Hard•

I am a maths applicant too AND CAMBRIDGE FORGOT ABOUT ME ;'( Why cambridge whyyyy!!
Original post by red4lif3
I got pooled from Caius for Land Economy...

I'm a current IBer so I guess I can take some comfort from the fact that my application must have been half decent seeing that there's no autopooling for current IB students (I'm predicted somewhere between 43-45)... not sure if being an international applicant will affect my chances though...

I've been pooled for Land Economy too. You been fished yet?
Reply 1950
I got put into the pool by King's for history, this thread is a welcome distraction from the mocks that start tomorrow! I'm already losing the will to live, and it's still the weekend, I suspect these mocks aren't going to go very well at all haha
Reply 1951

Maths applicant here too. It's excruciating.
Original post by Atropos
I am a maths applicant too AND CAMBRIDGE FORGOT ABOUT ME ;'( Why cambridge whyyyy!!

What college pooled you? And mind me asking what your UMS average is?

Original post by ohlittlewolf
I was fished last night by Churchill and this morning by Fitzwilliam (for English)... is this even possible?!
Neither college made any mention of each other, though both are asking me in on the same day - can I assume that this means they HAVE conferred and that this isn't just a glitch / some kind of sick joke?

So grateful but so saddened by the prospect of yet more interviews hahaha

Hi there, I'm in (almost) the exact same situation as you! Been called back for interview for English by both Churchill and Christ's! (And coincidentally, we even live in the same town :eek:) Neither of them made any mention of the other to me either. I was worried too that it might be a glitch somehow, but seems unlikely as we know from the winterpoolofficers.pdf that they will have agreed the interviews at a subject meeting, and the Admissions Office circulates a list of interviews/offers before colleges are allowed to contact applicants. Plus I asked Minerva last night and she said not to worry, which is what swings it really :tongue: I have to email Churchill back to send them my submitted essays, so I'll probably drop in "I've also been called for interview at Christ's on the 10th - this won't be a problem, will it?" I hope they will remember to liase with interview timings though :s-smilie:

Did either of them make any mention of accomodation to you? When Christ's rang me, the woman said "You live in the Kingston on Thames area, right, so you won't need accomodation will you, you can get there and back in a day..?" and I kind of wanted to say that it depended on what time the first interview is, cos when I went in December I had to be there for 9 so needed accom otherwise I would have had to get train at like 6.30 am :eek: - but I kind of felt like she wasn't really giving me the option of saying I needed accomodation :s-smilie: so I didnt say anything. Now I'm worried, particularly as I've got interviews at two colleges, that I am going to be interviewed early enough in the morning to need accom, and will have to ring back asking for it after all which will be awkward!! :s-smilie:
Original post by Zhy
Maths applicant here too. It's excruciating.

I thought we'd have a greater chance what with not having auto pool.

And your grades are CRAZY, how have you not been fished?

Original post by TheHaylio
Newnham took me. Good luck!

OMG!!! CONGRATZ!! Could you tell me more about your application ? Like which college you got fished from and stuff? would really appreciate it since I am dying here. So far only 2 Land Economists have been fished. AHHHHH
Reply 1956
What college pooled you? And mind me asking what your UMS average is?

i have 98% in maths and average 91% in the other 3 subjects (further maths, physics and computing) and I'm doing as additional further maths now (but I've only started this year) what about you ?

pooled by trinity college
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1957
I thought we'd have a greater chance what with not having auto pool.

And your grades are CRAZY, how have you not been fished?

Because most of the applicants are probably better than me.
Been pooled by Newnham for PhysNatSci for Physics. Not auto-pooled [grades AA(A)C, not that great UMS] and my physics interview was a complete disaster - I demonstrated my unparalleled ability to put my foot in my mouth and then freaked out and couldn't do anything with the questions that they gave me.

So it's not looking good... but I'm really happy to have been pooled (I was definately expecting a rejection after my interview) and have still got my fingers crossed so tight i can't feel my fingers.
Reply 1959
Original post by missatomicbomb
I demonstrated my unparalleled ability to put my foot in my mouth

:colone:

Latest

Trending

Trending