The Student Room Group

What exactly does a 4/10 or 5/10 in appearance look like?

Those who 'rate' others' looks on a scale of 1-10, what does a 5 or under look like?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ratings are subjective.
Reply 2
Interesting question. I would say not totally unattractive, but some negative features eg acne scars, poor teeth or something else. Will never be an absolute looks magnet for the opposite sex, but scope to enhance appearance and some people will still find you quite attractive. I rate myself in the 4 - 6 range depending on how optimistic I'm feeling.
Original post by Zarek
Interesting question. I would say not totally unattractive, but some negative features eg acne scars, poor teeth or something else. Will never be an absolute looks magnet for the opposite sex, but scope to enhance appearance and some people will still find you quite attractive. I rate myself in the 4 - 6 range depending on how optimistic I'm feeling.

No, it is wrong and damaging to state that someone with something such as acne scars or poor teeth can only be of low to average attractiveness at best. I know some very attractive people with both traits.
Reply 4
...this?

Super20fat20female20smoker.jpg
Reply 5
I'd say 5/10 is average? 6-8 is above average/cute and 8-10 is "hot". I know 5/10 doesn't sound good but in reality I think it means average looking.
Reply 6
Original post by ValerieStarr
Those who 'rate' others' looks on a scale of 1-10, what does a 5 or under look like?

By the way, why do you ask?
Reply 7
Original post by Zarek

I imagine that's what she got rated..
Reply 8
Original post by Zarek

Was just curious
Reply 9
Original post by Michaelj
I imagine that's what she got rated..

If it was, surely I'd just look in the mirror...
As someone else said, i think it's quite subjective.

For example, i met this girl in uni who i thought was absolutely stunning, like 10/10, and when i asked other people it ranged from 6 - 9..
Original post by Zarek

I got rated 4 out f 10 in some college activity and i couldnt understand why as i have a good toned body from working out and there were overweight girls scored higher. It was facial attrcation though but i dressed very plainly like a tomboy and had short unstylish hair. I dont have a sexy face as such lol but im happy with me features etc its just i dont attract the opposite sex. Presentation comes into a lot though, unless you are stunning.. if someone is very plain, very quiet, dresses like a lad and has bad hair particularly with girls when hairstyle and condition is important guys wont look twice at her. Same with guys you get the ones with low self esteem who get picked on but some of them have nice facial features yet would be classed as ugly by girls because of their presentation.
Reply 12
Original post by Climbontoyourseahorse
No, it is wrong and damaging to state that someone with something such as acne scars or poor teeth can only be of low to average attractiveness at best. I know some very attractive people with both traits.

"It is morally wrong to hold an opinion different from mine! :crown:"

5/10 is average. If you want to know what this looks like, you should go into a city, round up 200 girls, line them up in order of attractiveness, then pick the 101st one.
Original post by Treeroy
"It is morally wrong to hold an opinion different from mine! :crown:"

5/10 is average. If you want to know what this looks like, you should go into a city, round up 200 girls, line them up in order of attractiveness, then pick the 101st one.

I would have gone with 101th
i think it's just average, nothing special, nothing horrific...doesnt get wolf whistles but people dont run away screaming either

i rate myself in the 4-6 range depending on the day...
Reply 15
The rating system is absurd. I think it's really juvenile to rate someone's appearance with numbers. It's horrible and objectifying.
Reply 16
Original post by TenOfThem
I would have gone with 101th

First = 1st
One hundred and first = 101st (not one hundred and oneth)

If that was a typo and you meant 100th, then you are wrong. In stats you have to round up for the median of a set of discrete data.
Reply 17
Means they're not into you? I mean people have rated me as 3, 4, 8 etc...It's just water under the bridge really.
Original post by Care-Free
i think it's just average, nothing special, nothing horrific...doesnt get wolf whistles but people dont run away screaming either

i rate myself in the 4-6 range depending on the day...

That happened to me once. I'm below average? :eek:

5/10 is quite clearly average OP.
Original post by Treeroy
First = 1st
One hundred and first = 101st (not one hundred and oneth)

No, not a typo

I just think I would say 101 th not st

In spite of 1st being right

just an observation :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending