The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1960
don't think I have ever been so disappointed to see "There are no emails in your spam folder"
Is it crazy that I'm thinking of reapplying next year if I don't get in?I know that the course is the important thing but its just getting this far, so so close and then not getting in just makes me want to go even more :frown:
Reply 1962
Original post by Tildamall
Has anyone else been given a place by Newnham and is pretty unsure about going to an all girls college???

not Newnham but Murray Edwards... I'm glad I got fished but not too sure about it! are you at a mixed 6th form?
Reply 1963
Original post by MissMedic
Is it crazy that I'm thinking of reapplying next year if I don't get in?I know that the course is the important thing but its just getting this far, so so close and then not getting in just makes me want to go even more :frown:

It's not crazy... however I'd only do that if you achieved REALLY good grades, like a number of A*
Also, are you a medic? Isnt that a really hard course to get in anywhere>
Original post by wildmoon
not Newnham but Murray Edwards... I'm glad I got fished but not too sure about it! are you at a mixed 6th form?

I applied to Newnham for a bunch of reasons (all my friends are guys and I'm at a mixed 6th form so I'm not scared of boys or anything). It seemed pretty damn cool when I went to interview. The girls there aren't wierd or anything. And I talked to them and they didn't seem to have their access to boys much affected by being at a girls college...
Reply 1965
lifeguard?? :frown:
Original post by grammar12
I dont mean to ask too much, but what was your UMS on average like 93%? Im really freaking out now, congratulations though! :smile:

Thanks so much. =) My average UMS was 94%.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Megzx13
It's not crazy... however I'd only do that if you achieved REALLY good grades, like a number of A*
Also, are you a medic? Isnt that a really hard course to get in anywhere>

Yep I'm a medic and I know I should be happy to get in anywhere its just that cambridge was the dream university, the thing iv been working for and its just weird that that's it and the dreams over if you know what I mean.. Stupid but I can't help it :/

If Cambridge was the only Uni you really wanted, i've heard of people whp have taken a gap year and spent it volunteering for st johns ambulance and the red cross and some even work in hospitals or assist GP's. The university likes this sort of thing as it shows dedication and a genuine passion for what you do. But if you like other Uni's too then i wouldn't risk a year off!
Original post by Zhy
Maths applicant here too. It's excruciating.

Seconded. Just want closure for it all.
Reply 1970
Yep I'm a medic and I know I should be happy to get in anywhere its just that cambridge was the dream university, the thing iv been working for and its just weird that that's it and the dreams over if you know what I mean.. Stupid but I can't help it :/

That's not stupid! We are all fishes here so are feeling pretty similar :rolleyes:

But you never know, you may still get in! Best of luck. :smile:
Reply 1971
Spam (182) :eek:
Reply 1972
Original post by joyie
lifeguard?? :frown:

Come here babe... I got you. :wink:
Reply 1973
Original post by joyie
Spam (182) :eek:

Haha mine says junk(0) and when I click it it says: hooray, no junk mail here! Me: I want junk mail!!!! XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't know whether this is just me, but this whole process is just making me doubt whether I'd want to go to Cambridge at all. It's just elucidating all of the negatives of Cambridge philosophy (the course not their philosophy) instead of the positives. It isn't making me want an offer even more as I'd just feel relieved at this point. However, this could change based on the news I get.

I wish they'd just have a set date when they'd give out offers so we can actually expect something then, instead of hoping for something all the time.
Original post by lucylawson

I'll see you there - I have a medicine reinterview on the same day! Are you going to stay the night before?

Yeah I am! (I'm coming from Newcastle) :smile: See you there! :biggrin:
Reply 1976
Original post by jqian
Haha mine says junk(0) and when I click it it says: hooray, no junk mail here! Me: I want junk mail!!!! XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol all my spam is tsr and fb :smile:
Original post by nickyr212
Thanks so much. =) My average UMS was 94%.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh really? :smile: My average UMS is the same as yours! Maybe there's still hope for me yet (as long as they ignore my horrendous interview performance).

Oh and congratulations by the way, even if I am quite envious. :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1978

But for Medicine at the end of the day you'll come out with the same degree as any other medical school graduates. Whilst I'm also finding it hard to deal with the fact that I came close, I don't really feel the same agony as applicants for other subjects as I know that providing I get the grades I will one day be a doctor.
You also have to consider whether you'd want to go through doing the UKCAT, BMAT, interviews all again. I know I wouldn't.
Reply 1979
does anyone know who is the person who got pooled by clare for economics and then fished!?

Latest

Trending

Trending