The Student Room Group

Friend a little possessive!

What do I do peeps. I've got a guy friend who whenever I talk to this guy whenever I talk to this other guy who I used to have a thing with he goes off in a strop or isnt nice to me I don't know how to deal with this

He has got a thing for me but I'm interested
Reply 1
Then it's about time you give the boy some requited love and show him that all your attention is on him.
Reply 2
Original post by PINKFLEUR
Then it's about time you give the boy some requited love and show him that all your attention is on him.

Lol that's the problem I'm not interested in him and he doesn't like me talking to this other guy
Reply 3
I've been in your shoes. If you like him, do something about it.
Dont hurt his feelings by showing interest in other guys in front of him. Unless you put him straight about where you stand with each other.
Either way respect and value your friendship with him by not pissing about!

*just seen your reply about not liking him. Let him know, straight. And after that its up to you if you want to engage other guys in front of him. From personal experiance try not too because he seems like he would just try and sabotage things.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by spikeygurl
Lol that's the problem I'm not interested in him and he doesn't like me talking to this other guy

In your post, you said that you ?are? Interested. Therefore if you're not, treat him like a friend - only a friend. Tease him and give him cute little punches and put your arm around his shoulder as if you were one of his boy mates. when you are with guys, evidently flirt with them - flick you hair and draw little patterns on their hand with your fingers when you're sitting down (this somehow works with me) because your friend will start to compare the ways you act towards those you really like to the way you act with him - which should be the buddy way. :cool:
Reply 5
This is why boys and girls shouldn't be friends.
be honest, a few kind but blunt words should be fine but make sure you dont lose him as a friend
Reply 7
Original post by jadeannalis
be honest, a few kind but blunt words should be fine but make sure you dont lose him as a friend

Guys what I'm saying is im mates with a guy who I don't fancy but gets arsy whenever I talk to this other guy how do I deal with this
Reply 8
What do I do peeps. I've got a guy friend who whenever I talk to this guy whenever I talk to this other guy who I used to have a thing with he goes off in a strop or isnt nice to me I don't know how to deal with this

He has got a thing for me but I'm interested

Don't give in to his jealousy by changing your behaviour to the other guy otherwise it will get worse and he will see that you surrender to it and become even more possessive. If you can, tell him clearly that you will continue to have the friends you want and with him it's a different kind of relationship than with you. If he can't accept that, look for another b/f as he really won't be fun in future years.
Tell him that you see him like a brother. Will let him know he is permanently friend zoned and if he keeps getting in a strop after. Talk to him about it.
Guys what I'm saying is im mates with a guy who I don't fancy but gets arsy whenever I talk to this other guy how do I deal with this

you: are you interested me?, cos i'm not interested in you. so please stop getting arsy when i am with other guys company. it annoys me so i wanted to talk to you about it, i hope it doesnt affect our friendship as its important to me too, but its important for me to buid relationships with males who aren't you who i may or may not be interested in physically/emotionally as well as friendship-ly.

:smile:
Reply 11
Original post by zara55
Don't give in to his jealousy by changing your behaviour to the other guy otherwise it will get worse and he will see that you surrender to it and become even more possessive. If you can, tell him clearly that you will continue to have the friends you want and with him it's a different kind of relationship than with you. If he can't accept that, look for another b/f as he really won't be fun in future years.

Hes not my bf just a friend who is jealous of me talking to other guys in particular this one

Just respect his feelings and don't rub it in his face by talking about the other guy. There isn't much you can do.
He's probably just jealous. I think most people are when they see someone they like talking to other girls/guys but they will usually realise that said person is allowed other friends. I don't think you should change your behaviour, its not your fault he's acting childish. I wouldn't tell him you don't like him in that way unless he raises the issue, maybe just talk to him about other people you're interested in. Easy way to know you've been friendzoned, that.
Reply 14
Original post by sr90
He's probably just jealous. I think most people are when they see someone they like talking to other girls/guys but they will usually realise that said person is allowed other friends. I don't think you should change your behaviour, its not your fault he's acting childish. I wouldn't tell him you don't like him in that way unless he raises the issue, maybe just talk to him about other people you're interested in. Easy way to know you've been friendzoned, that.

Thing is I met my mate spent most the day with him see this other guy and talked to him in the evening I get his mate come over to have a go that I'm ignoring hom
Reply 15
He is obviously jealous of the other guy because he most likely fancy's you, yet this other guy is getting all your attention, I think you need to tell him to get over it, or just tell him straight you only see him as a friend.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending