The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Anyone firmed and started looking at accommadation?

I firmed almost a month ago and ever since I can't stop looking at halls. I thought I was decided on Norton Court until I took a wonder round on google street view and well, it's worse than the area I like in now and that's a s**thole. Everyone I speak to say all the off campus ones are in pretty much no-go areas. Looking at Sandby and Gill Street although I'll miss my car. New ones look good but my student loan wouldn't even cover the rent and my parents will already have to help me out as it is.

Has anyone else already started looking? I'd love to know your opinions! :smile:
I'm looking at Hampden halls, you only share the bathroom with one other person on your floor, the bedrooms are small though but it's only for a year and its 2 minutes from the uni. I think everyone from sandby and Hampden make friends with one another anyway :smile: plus Hampden is roughly £95 :smile:
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by kelseyjherring
I'm looking at Hampden halls, you only share the bathroom with one other person on your floor, the bedrooms are small though but it's only for a year and its 2 minutes from the uni. I think everyone from sandby and Hampden make friends with one another anyway :smile: plus Hampden is roughly £95 :smile:

Yeah Hampden looks good but the rooms are so tiny I don't know if I could cope, even for a year. Plus it's quite expensive for what you get, it's only about £10 more for an ensuite in Sandby. Will definitely consider it if the others aren't available when we go to book :smile:
Original post by abbroseee
Yeah Hampden looks good but the rooms are so tiny I don't know if I could cope, even for a year. Plus it's quite expensive for what you get, it's only about £10 more for an ensuite in Sandby. Will definitely consider it if the others aren't available when we go to book :smile:

I'm not going to be able to cope with the size of the bedrooms :frown: but I don't think i'd be in much, probably shopping or partying haha. I like the idea of an en-suite but I don't like the look of Sandby :frown:
Reply 4
Not even received an offer yet but NTU should be my firm. Anyway, I'm going to be at Clifton campus (applied for Computer Networking).

I've been to the open day. As much as I'd love to choose New Hall, I think there is a high number of people per flat (the website doesn't even mention how many). And it is right next to the Student Union so going to be very noisy. I know in Peverell it is 6 to a flat plus it is in a quieter place and I remember from the open day you get quite nice views from the window. But it is uphill when walking towards the halls, which I don't think I mind.

It would be good if the website said how many people to a flat in New Hall. Tempted to email the uni :tongue:

What are other people going for? :smile:
Reply 5
I've got an unconditional from NTU to do Psychology and Sociology and I'm going to choose Gill Street! I prefer the idea of being in flats in Gill Street as opposed to being in corridors in Sandby! x
Reply 6
Don't you think the accommodation at Notts is super expensive, everywhere else seems to be thosuands less. Think I'm gonna have to find a job and save up before I get there to afford to live! :frown:
The accommodation used to be a fair price, my boyfriend is staying in Clarendon court on Raleigh street and his is £85 per week and its actually very good! But they've taken a lot of places out for first years and offering them to second and third years :frown: prices of the accommodations left for first years has gone up because they have to start earning money back to cover the costs of the new student union :frown: I can't believe how expensive it is! Back in 2009 gill street used to be around £95 per week!!
Reply 8
I've booked Goldsmith Court, which is a private accommodation but is in the city centre and looks really nice. Because I've booked before the end of January I get it for last years prices which is £106 per week for a student en suit bedroom :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by TashaMalks
I've booked Goldsmith Court, which is a private accommodation but is in the city centre and looks really nice. Because I've booked before the end of January I get it for last years prices which is £106 per week for a student en suit bedroom :smile:

I'm booking there too I think but I didn't want to book yet incase I didn't get the grades... Not really sure about what happens then. Do you only have to pay the deposit now if you book in January?
Reply 10
I firmed yesterday :biggrin: can't choose between Peverell and New Hall :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by abbroseee
I'm booking there too I think but I didn't want to book yet incase I didn't get the grades... Not really sure about what happens then. Do you only have to pay the deposit now if you book in January?

I'm not really sure! If you ring the place up they will let you know :smile: the number is 0115 947 4078

heres a link to the website too :smile:
http://www.touchstonestudentliving.co.uk/accommodation/nottingham
Reply 12
Looking at Hamden lived in small room for years so wouldn't be a problem
Reply 13
Anybody that's looking to stay on city site should look at Goldsmith Court which is privately owned. I'm a first year living there now and am staying on for next year, you still get freshers reps and you don't miss out on the freshers experience! Next year they're offering free wifi and contents insurance...rooms are spacious and so are kithcens plus you can see uni from your bedroom window! If anybody has any questions then just message me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending