The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2040
Original post by nat.2013
Mine was on the 4th aswell :smile:
What subject are you applying for?

geography as well! :smile:
What time will they stop giving out offers tonight? Like will they go on to 8 o'clock again or earlier because its a Sunday?
Reply 2042
Original post by sjk1995
if I hadn't visited Cambridge and fell for it's charm haha!

Its even worse when you've stayed there for fours nights for a summer school and on Friday some of the people who were also there have "Cambridge offer"has there facebook statues.
Original post by Silverland
Casssstle ~("~)

Living in a Castle and being approved at their 23:1 application : place ratio would actually be some mild consolation for the awful ways Cam have dealt with my application

But If I get pooled from Castle (somewhat likely)I won't mind being at another college of theirs.

In some ways Durham is better than Cam for me. I get a 4th year placement at an awesome company (I'm looking at you Proctor and Gamble!) which could be a ticket straight into a job after I leave.

(Plus getting into a university challenge team would be miles easier at Durham :cool:)

Which league table does UCL top? This one I just stumbled upon has Durham higher. League tables are rather volatile and odd anyways :s-smilie:

I don't know whether UCL has placements for philosophy. I'd love it though. I know Nottingham does but I think I'll have York as my insurance instead. A Year abroad with philosophy doesn't sound too common though :lol:

I can't actually remember which one :tongue: but it doesn't matter too much anyway. But I know I saw it somewhere :tongue:
Reply 2044
ah, that's tough! That's like the bitter-sweet of being pleased for them but envious at the same time! Well, hopefully you'll have your Facebook status moment soon!
Reply 2045
Original post by The Polymath
I'm worried for you. I've heard a lot of bad things about LSE, speak to Lord of the Flies or Silverlands if you don't believe me.

heck, the director of LSE even called ugrad students "loss-making" and said that he therefore does not have responsibility to them.

ignoring their respect for students, the quality of education is undoubtedly fantastic!
Literally no emails or calls today or yesterday, from ANYONE... Had a few texts but I reckon dobby is stopping all contact from the outside world

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by TPJY
ignoring their respect for students, the quality of education is undoubtedly fantastic!

I agree to disagree, just look at their student satisfaction
Original post by The Polymath
I'm worried for you. I've heard a lot of bad things about LSE, speak to Lord of the Flies or Silverlands if you don't believe me.

heck, the director of LSE even called ugrad students "loss-making" and said that he therefore does not have responsibility to them.

Worried for me? Dude, it's a university, not a war-zone. Trust me, I've heard the horror stories about the place, but a lot of good things too.

I know you're trying to be helpful, but this really isn't the best time to be creating more anxiety for me by attempting to convince me that my second choice university - and the one glimmer of hope that I've been clutching onto throughout this whole tiresome process - is essentially ****. :redface:
Original post by TPJY

Why undoubtedly? The quality of the teaching does not necessarily correlate with the university's position in a league table.

I've heard a lot of bad things about LSE, yes if you get a good degree it looks good but surely you should be concerned with factors other than the name?
Original post by mucgoo
Its even worse when you've stayed there for fours nights for a summer school and on Friday some of the people who were also there have "Cambridge offer"has there facebook statues.

'Facebook statues'? Interesting...
Original post by TheHaylio
Land Economy- you?? :

history applied to clare, you?
Original post by Kidioteque
Worried for me? Dude, it's a university, not a war-zone. Trust me, I've heard the horror stories about the place, but a lot of good things too.

I know you're trying to be helpful, but this really isn't the best time to be creating more anxiety for me by attempting to convince me that my second choice university - and the one glimmer of hope that I've been clutching onto throughout this whole tiresome process - is essentially ****. :redface:

My friend there says it is brilliant and won't stop harping on about it. Absolutely loves it. I guess it varies.

Hoping you get the news you want though. :biggrin:
Reply 2053
Need some armbands...
Reply 2054
just got offered a place by Fitzwilliam for Law :biggrin:
Reply 2055
Original post by Llewellyn
Why undoubtedly? The quality of the teaching does not necessarily correlate with the university's position in a league table.

I've heard a lot of bad things about LSE, yes if you get a good degree it looks good but surely you should be concerned with factors other than the name?

true, but it must play a damn good role. furthermore, what other areas can you name that be would the reason why lse is so highly ranked?
Reply 2056
Original post by rooosy
Need some armbands...

I'm thinking inflatable dinghy
Reply 2057
In case anyone wanted to know:
My average UMS is 88
I was pooled by Pembroke
I thought my interview was a disaster- I left in tears....
Original post by Oromis263
My friend there says it is brilliant and won't stop harping on about it. Absolutely loves it. I guess it varies.

Hoping you get the news you want though. :biggrin:

Cheers!

So happy that you got your offer by the way, you're one of the people from the old threads who I thought deserved it most :smile:
I think i better leave right now,
before i fall any deeper...

Latest

Trending

Trending