The Student Room Group

TSR New Year Transformation Contest - Official Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cowsforsale
I dunno, i browse through quite a few "estimate my bf" threads and they always seem a lot higher than what I would have guessed.

By the way, is the male transformation in the OP your brother's?!

Ah fair enough-no it's not, my brother came second in the summer transformation. The guy in the OP came first :smile:
Thought I might as well give this a go. Aim is to bulk up through heavy compound. Current weight is 79 kg/ 12.5 stone. Looking so skinny in these pics....

uploadfromtaptalk1357337480520.jpguploadfromtaptalk1357337492578.jpguploadfromtaptalk1357337511169.jpguploadfromtaptalk1357337525824.jpguploadfromtaptalk1357337557237.jpg
Reply 42
Went a bit mental through December with eating and drinking so seems perfect to stay motivated and power through a 12 week transformation. Plus want to be looking my best for holiday season!

Current weight: 158.7lb
Height: 5ft 6"
Body fat:19%

Good luck to all

These photos were taken Friday 4th january 2013

front.jpgside.jpgback.jpg
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 43
5'8 205lb 30%ish BF

Lose weight. Maintain lifts. Fix posture.
Warning: Really fat guy with moobs. Spoilers to save your eyes!
Front

Spoiler

Side

Spoiler

Back

Spoiler

Proof

Spoiler

Original post by McDiet
5'8 205lb 30%ish BF

Lose weight. Maintain lifts. Fix posture.
Warning: Really fat guy with moobs. Spoilers to save your eyes!
Front

Spoiler

Side

Spoiler

Back

Spoiler

Proof

Spoiler

Have you tried the insanity workout? I have a colleague who had a similar physique to you - after the insanity workout he's lost a load of weight. Fair play for posting up and wanting to improve..!

So I have until the 8th to post? Might give it a whirl..!
I'm doing it, I'm going to enter. I argued and argued with myself whether I needed to create a new username and membership....but nahhhh. I feel the girls side need more entries anyway :smile:

Aims
To lose fat, especially round the thighs and buttocks area.
Try to get below 70kg...long term aim :smile:
Generally tone up (eurgh, I do hate that word).But I reckon I need to

How?
I've been going to the gym for around 2 months now. Although it all went wrong once the Christmas holidays started. Of course. More cardio, and more concentrating on back thigh area.
I'm also going to eat more healthily. Always ate pretty well, but definitely cutting down on the biscuits and treats. More vegetarian dishes, more fish, and more healthy snacks.

Weight/Measurements
Weight: 77kg
Hips: 42
Thigh: 48
Waist: 33
BMI: 26

Front

Spoiler

Back

Spoiler

Side

Spoiler

Proof

Spoiler

Good Luck Everyone!
Reply 46
Original post by unruly1986
Have you tried the insanity workout? I have a colleague who had a similar physique to you - after the insanity workout he's lost a load of weight. Fair play for posting up and wanting to improve..!

So I have until the 8th to post? Might give it a whirl..!

Nope. Thanks, my balls felt bigger instantly the moment I pressed submit reply. As for how I feel about the actual contest itself, this smiley here is suitable :colone:

Why not :biggrin:
Reply 47
Time to finally change myself and enter this!
I am new to this whole bodybuilding/fitness world so i have a lot to learn and look foward to it. I have decided to join after being worried and lacking in confidence to participate in previous transformations contests. The reason i am doing this is because after months of depression since ive graduated in july, i have been going on a downward spiral to the point of avoiding looking at my body in the mirror and seeing how disgusting it is. BUT IT IS TIME FOR A CHANGE!

My current stats:
Height: 5ft 11in
Weight: 74kg (11.3 stones ish)
BMI: 22.7
BMR:1840

The change i want is to become more athletic and muscular and be able to look in the mirror confidently and see a noticable change from what i am now.

How will i do this? Reading the stickies and comments of various posters, everyone seemed to reccomend "bodybuilding.com". and on there i have found this program:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/steve-cook-big-man-on-campus-12-week-college-trainer.html

I have asked someone about this and the feedback was that it covers the core minimum requirements and is good for a newbie. So i have been told to try this out and see how i adapt and what i like/dislike.

My pictures show that i am a 'skinny-fat' so i would ideally like to buld up and become muscular and not look like a kid with a skeleton stick frame.
Based on the program these are the calories that i need to reach:
Calories Needed: 2850
Protein:285 grams per day
Carbohydrates:285 grams per day
Fats: 63 grams per day

Since i am new to this i may be following the wrong stats to reach so i would appreciate any feedback/input.

After reading around and looking at stickies and threads my following diet will consist of:

Carbohydrates:
-Brown Rice
-Vegetables
-Fruits
-Oats
-Whole Grain Breads
-Whole Grain Pittas
-Sweet Potatoes
-Berries

Proteins:
-Eggs
-Chicken
-Milk
-Cottage Cheese

Fats:
-Olive Oil
-Almonds
-Walnuts

I am currently struggling on making a meal plan, but with further reading im sure i will develop something manageable.

p.s. due to the lack of quality of the pictures i have included quite a lot, to compensate.
1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG 8.JPG 9.JPG proof.jpg
I was debating over whether to enter this but I decided I need a goal for my cousins wedding in July and I want to look fabulous beforehand :colondollar:.

Aims

To run 5 miles at least 2 times a week (and measure progress using run keeper).

To get developed calves again (barely any running has lost any definition)

To get back down to 9.5 stone - it has been a while. /Alternatively just look trimmer..

Get muscle and upper body strength - flabby arms grr!

To drink more water and less other drinks.

Better posture too - hopefully that'll come with exercise.

How?

Make a timetable for exercise.

Going back to the gym ( 2 times a week - I went twice in December :colondollar:)

Exercise bike 2 times a week (at least 10 miles each time

Drinking more green tea

Getting my five a day

Avoiding crisps and fizzy drinks.

Why?
If I am honest then it isn't so much the weight that is bothering me but rather the sluggishness/ laziness so I want to recapture the energy and endorphin.

Weight/Measurements
Height: 5ft 8
CW: 66kg
GW1: 60kg
(going to do measuring tomorrow)
Hips:
Thigh:
Waist:
BMI:

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
hey guys

currently 6ft, 77kg

looking to improve strength and endurance for sport
hopefully will have dropped in bodyfat by the end, and look better

back pictures are hard to do, so i've included quite a few... mirin v-shape?

Front

Spoiler

Side

Spoiler

Back

Spoiler

Proof

Spoiler

good luck everyone!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 50
The last 2 have potential!
Hey folks, I'm in.
After a Christmas of excess I'm now on with training.

Weight: 82kg
Height: 5'11
Not sure about bodyfat% would estimate 14/15.
Front

Spoiler

Back

Spoiler

Side

Spoiler

Date

Spoiler

Left my weights at home so wont be able to use them, also no access to a gym - bring on the BW exercises.
OK. Main aim to become more muscular and increase strength whilst not being too big for my main sport, running. My mass should increase during this if I put on muscle because I'm not very strong currently.

Vital Stats
Height: 188cm
Mass: 69.8 kg
BMI: 19.75
Body Fat: 14%

Starting pictures:

Spoiler

Measuring body fat looks quite imprecise, I'm going to guess it could be up to about 3% either way.

Never done this before.
Reply 53
Been debating whether to enter this for the past few days but have decided that I need the kick up the butt.

I potentially have high blood pressure and so despite being a healthy BMI the main aim will be to become healthier overall and to have a normal blood pressure the next time it is measured (25th feb).
Also aim to be building strength to help me progress with aerial (ropes, silks, trapeze)

Before stats:
weight: 65kg
height: 168cm

pull ups: 1

Before pictures

front:

Spoiler

back:

Spoiler

side:

Spoiler

proof:

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by McHumpy92
The last 2 have potential!

i'm 18, do i have potential?
Original post by LookIt'sPete
i'm 18, do i have potential?

Aren't you Motorbiker's brother?
Reply 56
Original post by areebmazhar
Aren't you Motorbiker's brother?

IIRC that's "MonkeyPete" or something.
Original post by Shawshank
IIRC that's "MonkeyPete" or something.

Ah yeah-that rings a bell..:smile:
Reply 58
Hello All, I am new to this website although my boyfriend has been on it for a while :-) I recently lost a fair bit of weight in the summer leading up to being a bridesmaid at my friend's wedding but since then have relaxed and awful lot! I am looking to mainly tone up and get more active, I really enjoy general fitness although I do not have a set plan I will be attending more classes at my friend's gym (she gets free vouchers sometimes :-) ), and running more, cycling more, swimming more.... Stats: Height: 5ft 3ins Weight: 59kg

Spoiler

Good luck everyone!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 59
Ooh dear me, after a very food heavy Christmas I think I need some accountability to get my bum back in gear! After lurking around the fitness forum for a little while, I thought I'd just jump in and give this a go.

I'm about 5 foot 7 and this morning I weighed in at 10 stone! I usually hover between 9 stone 10 and 9 stone 12 so Christmas has definitely taken it's toll. A couple of summers ago, I got down to around 9 stone 4 and I think that's probably the best I've ever looked.

I actually do really enjoy the gym but I have a horrendous sweet tooth and can easily get through a whole pack of chocolate fingers if I'm in the mood :s-smilie:. So I think for me it's going to be about really looking at what I'm eating and making the fingers an occasional treat, rather than a daily habit!

Ok, here go the dreaded bikini pictures!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest