The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
Original post by BibbyDuck
Is anyone else still stuggling to believe that they have an offer? I am still in a state of shock and haven't stopped smiling! :biggrin:

Its really distracting me from the little revision ive done D:

every ten minutes i just stop and think 'Hey dude, youre awesome'

I was thoroughly underwhelmed at first and now im just so excited its incredible
Reply 501
Original post by theminimg
I quite like the idea of robes. I'm not quite sure if my college does the whole robe thing though ho hum. When do you wear robes?

Thought I might as well answer this now too! Newnham does have gowns, as most but not all college do. You have to wear them for formal dinners and matriculation (which is when you join the college by signing an enormous book!). Newnham formals are only once a week but most people don't go very often at all.
WOOOP! I feel like I've evolved or something. I've been fished by Girton for Maths so now I get to be a member of this thread!
Reply 503
Did anyone else partly choose their college by its crest??? stupid i know but i wanted one that looked nice!
Original post by Nina B

I hope this has answered all your question - let me know if not! I'm sorry it's so long!!

Thanks for all the info! :smile: Is it ever a problem that accommodation is slightly more expensive than at most other colleges?
Reply 505
Original post by johnttam
Its really distracting me from the little revision ive done D:

every ten minutes i just stop and think 'Hey dude, youre awesome'

I was thoroughly underwhelmed at first and now im just so excited its incredible

I know the feeling, and I need to do the revision if I want to go!

I honestly ruled out Cambridge and didn't get excited about it at all and now all of this excitment has just burst out :biggrin:
Reply 506
Original post by DavidH20
It's all just friendly inter-college 'banter...' like the stereotype that everyone at Girton's been pooled; St. Johns have a reputation for being very rich and somewhat egotistical. Obviously, like any stereotype, it won't be true...there are egotistical people (rich and non-rich) everywhere, and I've never heard of anybody who doesn't think their college is the best...

Oh come on the stereotypes are fairly accurate lol
Reply 507
Woooooooooohooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 508
Original post by johnttam
this shouldnt be a problem so long as you explain ASAP. they always like to know in advance and will probably ask you why you didnt specifically request deferred entry originally. But they would have to be very callous not to accept your circumstances

Thank you for responding, sorry to bring down the mood in the the thread. :redface:

The reason I didn't was because his diagnosis changed to more serious after chemo etc in November.
Reply 509
Original post by Oboe1994
Just like how king's is full of gay political activists? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ouch :wink:
Reply 510
Just a repost;

Any offer holders for NatSci (either Bio or Physical) please PM if you'd like to be added to the Social Group and/or the private FB group - be nice if we could get to know each other a little!
Reply 511
Original post by wibletg
Ouch :wink:

I have an offer for Kings btw so this is less harsh than it sounds... X)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 512
I have an offer for Kings btw so this is less harsh than it sounds... X)

Posted from TSR Mobile

That makes it okay then :wink:

Nah, as long as you fit some room in for bashing Johns, it's all good :tongue:
I wish it were October now ahha
Reply 514
Original post by wibletg
That makes it okay then :wink:

Nah, as long as you fit some room in for bashing Johns, it's all good :tongue:

I kind of bash everyone... Non-discriminatory me :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 515
I kind of bash everyone... Non-discriminatory me :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That could be taken to mean something else entirely :tongue:

As long as everyone gets some grief though!
Original post by wibletg

:rofl:
Reply 517
Original post by wibletg

Pun... Happy accident.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 518
Pun... Happy accident.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry haha!

People are bad influences at uni - surprising to see how some of the brightest in the country have the dirtiest minds. :redface:
Reply 519
Any post A-level applicants with offers?

Latest

Trending

Trending