The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Palatial Veranda
Yes. I would like a penpal.

I'm only allowed 2 visiting hours per week. It does get rather lonely in here sometimes.

PM me your address! :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Lance liu
Anyone wanna a pen pal from china? Hah. It seems the mail would take a long time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

PM me your address? :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Anyone want a penpal from South Wales? I like handwritten letters :biggrin:
Original post by Soph.Jade
Anyone want a penpal from South Wales? I like handwritten letters :biggrin:
I might be interested.... Wales is at a different country :wink:
Reply 64
Anyone wanna a pen pal from china? Hah. It seems the mail would take a long time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me? :smile: Since it would take more time, I would just write more often so you would have a letter to read every week. :smile:
Reply 65
I will be contacting moderators to talk to them about the creation of the first TSR Penpal Group. :smile:
Reply 66

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really like the idea of that!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67

Posted from TSR Mobile

China would be a 1930 miles away from my country. :smile:
Original post by Juichiro
Me? :smile: Since it would take more time, I would just write more often so you would have a letter to read every week. :smile:

That would be fun, I'd tend to write pretty often too! Shall I inbox you my address?

sorry, just realised i quoted the wrong person :/
Original post by fluteflute
I might be interested.... Wales is at a different country :wink:

Yes, we're pretty exotic over the bridge :wink: shall I inbox you my address?
Original post by Soph.Jade
Yes, we're pretty exotic over the bridge :wink: shall I inbox you my address?
Okay :biggrin: Going away for a few days so won't be able to post until at least Thursday, but this should be fun!
Reply 71
Does anyone want a niiice letter from south korea? hihi :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
Original post by Hnyy1030

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would love that! I'm from England btw :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PINKFLEUR
Oh my, you must have the accent then?! :coma: kill me.

Haha, how cold can it be in Scotland? O__o do you like the rain? :blushing:...haha a modern day Noah. The Olympics was amazing, did you watch the opening ceremony on television? I attended the wrestling tournaments with my older sister and brother and my little brother was like, "when is Usain Bolt coming on?" And I was like, :stomp: USAIN BOLT DOESN'T WRESTLE. London became even more crowded than usual, which was a hassle but it was nice to see people coming and going, all fascinated by the posh accents and whatever.

...goth-folk music? Wow. Maybe people are less friendly because may the way people communicate through their body movement probably makes people feel as if they're unapproachable??

It gets pretty cold in the lonelier parts of Scotland, yes :tongue: I do love the rain but. I remember standing on a playing field in a thunder- and rainstorm and all the Singaporeans thought I was crazy. Warm rain is lovely, makes for a fantastic scene without the obligatory and ubiquitous hypothermia of Scottish rain...a certain trip to Ben Nevis springs to mind!

I didn't catch any of the Olympics at the time since I was living in Germany at the time and they were all sported-out after Euro 2012. Everyone seemed to hate the idea of the Olympics beforehand but after they started everyone was so fanatically supportive, that I began to wonder if they'd dabbled with putting some mind control drugs in the water down there :tongue: I did have a chuckle at the idea of Usain Bolt doing the wrestling but :lol: Oh younger siblings...Do you have many siblings?

People are a lot more status driven in Singapore. My Irish friend there (another accent that you, no doubt, drool over! haha) who works in an Irish bar says that people will purposely pay with a $50 note instead of a $10, just to show that they can.

Also, a strange Singaporean law too. You can't own property until you're legally married or older than 28! Imagine that? Living at home until 28!

Anyway, this has diverged a little from the thread. We can exchange addresses if you desire and write some letters :tongue:
Original post by Hnyy1030

Posted from TSR Mobile

Gladly!
Scottish but living in Singapore :awesome:
Hence closer to Korea than most!
I knew someone from South Korea last semester whose name was Min Ji. If you're Scottish, that's quite an amusing name :colondollar:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 75
Original post by Bee3011
I would love that! I'm from England btw :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd really love to write you letters! Inbox me your address? Or mine to you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
This idea sounds awesome! Should totally set up a group :smile:

I've always wanted a penpal and getting written letters through the post.. one can only dream though eh:daydreaming:...

But yeah sounds pretty cool :biggrin:
Reply 77
Original post by GingerGoat
Gladly!
Scottish but living in Singapore :awesome:
Hence closer to Korea than most!
I knew someone from South Korea last semester whose name was Min Ji. If you're Scottish, that's quite an amusing name :colondollar:

her name is quite usual in korea, i dont get it why that name's amusing but yeah could be hihi :smile: so if you want a letter inbox me! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
I would love a Penpal! I had a French Penpal in year 8, it was a one-sided conversation, she never replied :cry:
Reply 79
I would love to have one in canada or something. I've had european language exchanged but it's not the same when you can't communicate fluently! I'm nervous about going on one of these penpal websites though because you get some right weirdoes on them...

Latest

Trending

Trending