The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 960
Original post by ss06
I know what you mean, before when I was checking the post I was like "Pleas be an offer" and now I'm like "please let there be a Caius letter there" This whole thing is driving me mad. Are you going to email them tomorrow if there is no letter?

I'm going well and truly insane. Admittedly I have a reasonable stretch of time before my exam but I've barely started revising because of all this anxiety! And yeah i'll email and beg for a response from them if there isn't a letter tomorrow.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 961
Original post by ss06
I know what you mean, before when I was checking the post I was like "Please be an offer" and now I'm like "please let there be a Caius letter there" This whole thing is driving me mad. Are you going to email them tomorrow if there is no letter?

Original post by WJRA
I'm going well and truly insane. Admittedly I have a reasonable stretch of time before my exam but I've barely started revising because of all this anxiety! And yeah i'll email and beg for a response from them if there isn't a letter tomorrow.

Really feeling with you guys, Caius' incompetence concerning these matters is simply unbelievable. :frown:
Original post by sandergansen
Seems so - yes, I am an EU applicant, from Estonia.

Thanks, truth will probably be revealed tomorrow...

I hope so!

I think I've met you at the interview days. We were together at Stansted. The Chinese guy who applied to Maths.
Reply 963
Original post by Oboe1994
Tbh I was quite surprised my friend didn't get pooled, she's post a-level with A*AA <snip>

That could be it... the pool-advice for colleges says post-exam applicants should be pooled if they have A*A*A* or better. (Except for Med/Math)

Obviously that's only the guideline, but I expect they stick with it fairly closely as there's no need to give people who've already taken their exams the benefit of the doubt.
Reply 964
Original post by Stray
That could be it... the pool-advice for colleges says post-exam applicants should be pooled if they have A*A*A* or better. (Except for Med/Math)

Obviously that's only the guideline, but I expect they stick with it fairly closely as there's no need to give people who've already taken their exams the benefit of the doubt.

That's just autopool, but I guess

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pandin
Really feeling with you guys, Caius' incompetence concerning these matters is simply unbelievable. :frown:

Congrats on getting fished by Christ's! is it an offer or reinterview? Anyway at least you won't have to deal with Caius' incompetence in the future haha

Original post by WJRA

Yes, I will be e-mailing tomorrow as well if there is no letter or I might call them instead
Reply 966
Original post by ss06
Congrats on getting fished by Christ's! is it an offer or reinterview? Anyway at least you won't have to deal with Caius' incompetence in the future haha

Yes, I will be e-mailing tomorrow as well if there is no letter or I might call them instead

Thanks! An offer, but yes this is kind of a relief, although I really enjoyed the atmosphere at Caius! Hope for an offer for you, as I will definitely visit Caius and the people I met in December. So you might just have to look for a mad Christ's economist who lingers there frequently... :wink:
Original post by SimonAmsterdam
I hope so!

I think I've met you at the interview days. We were together at Stansted. The Chinese guy who applied to Maths.

Oh yeah, we did meet - did you already get your offer?
Original post by sandergansen
Oh yeah, we did meet - did you already get your offer?

Nope, I haven't heard anything yet. I hope that tomorrow we will all receive an email.
Original post by Phia7
Anyone want to start a facebook group?

You go for it
Reply 970
Yay offer for chem eng at trinity, but i think i'm going to firm imperial if i get an offer.
Reply 971
Original post by giobru
Yay offer for chem eng at trinity, but i think i'm going to firm imperial if i get an offer.

Fancy swapping offers?
Original post by bananarama2
You're becoming the financial advisor :tongue:

Interestingly I have an affinity for banking :lol: Emma is really in the perfect location, being right next to a whole row of banks. :love:
Original post by giobru

Any particular reason why?
Original post by giobru

But Trinity is best college.
Reply 975
Original post by Oromis263
Anyone know if a Facebook group will take off any time soon? :smile:

There's one for NatSci's, if you're not already in it?
Original post by Pandin

same situation here as well. I applied for medicine and its taking absolutely forever T_T
Reply 977
gahhhhh- the only thing i've received is an email from magdalene saying i've been accepted from the pool but I was never placed in the pool to my knowledge and i applied to mag originally!! I'm scared this is all a glitch :eek:
Original post by saskiey
gahhhhh- the only thing i've received is an email from magdalene saying i've been accepted from the pool but I was never placed in the pool to my knowledge and i applied to mag originally!! I'm scared this is all a glitch :eek:

Sometimes your preference college can fish you from the pool
Posted from TSR Mobile

When did you receive the email?

Edit: It has occurred to someone else as well. It is strange though. I have applied to Magdalene as well, but still haven't heard anything yet. I hope I'll hear something by tomorrow. What course did you apply to?

Congratz btw!
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending