The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emahli.R
If the conclusion of the pool yesterday was that we have been rejected (and our original colleges know that already) how soon can we expect to hear? It would be nice to know, for example, that if we make it past Wednesday without rejection it means that at least somebody has shown an interest in our application since being pooled.

Also, how many people have heard back for physical nat sci yet and from which colleges?

Still anxiously awaiting a reply from Murray Edwards for whether someone found interest or not in my application....(for Physical NatSci) :frown: :s-smilie:
If the conclusion of the pool yesterday was that we have been rejected (and our original colleges know that already) how soon can we expect to hear? It would be nice to know, for example, that if we make it past Wednesday without rejection it means that at least somebody has shown an interest in our application since being pooled.

Also, how many people have heard back for physical nat sci yet and from which colleges?

It seems you will not hear very soon at all if you have been rejected. You'll only be contacted with an interview/offer, otherwise it's a three week wait I believe. If you are not contacted before the 15th, it's unlikely you've been considered.

The time at the moment is the period in which colleges fish people, and the period closes towards the end of the month, so they never write to you that you've been rejected until it closes. However, practically all the decisions were made yesterday anyway.

Also, they said: "If your application is unsuccessful following the Pool, we will write to you again by the end of January to let you know"
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Gertty_P
geography as well! :smile:

Ohhh! Maybe we met! Haha :smile:
I just want to share what a current Cambridge student told me - made me feel a liiiiiitle bit better. She said that many of her friends that were pooled generally received offers 3 to 5 days after the pool closed on Friday! So let's keep our hopes up, guys! :smile: It's Sunday anyway, so I'm certain Monday will be a busy fishing day!
Original post by happy_giggles
Um, Alison hennegan, dr ristuccia, dr Jane partner and dr Ewan jones on the 7th :smile: tbh, couldn't say, at the time I was just a bit shell shocked but looking back they weren't good! What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had the same interviewers. The first one was mediocre to OK, but the one with the DoS was embarrassingly bad :tongue:.

I'm not holding much hope..
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Dawn6789
From Queens'. Have you heard anything yet?

nope nothing :frown: this wait is getting ridiculous! you?
Original post by Sarr
Hi fellow English fishies! Can't even concentrate on reading right now :tongue:. I was pooled from Selwyn..

Hello! Haha, I'm in kind of the same position; I can't read anything too 'literary' right now, so I'm revisiting some childhood classics (Wind in the Willows, anyone? :smile:)
Original post by goingforitall
I just want to share what a current Cambridge student told me - made me feel a liiiiiitle bit better. She said that many of her friends that were pooled generally received offers 3 to 5 days after the pool closed on Friday! So let's keep our hopes up, guys! :smile: It's Sunday anyway, so I'm certain Monday will be a busy fishing day!

Things like this always give me hope for a while, then I fall back into the same negative state of mind as before :lol:

Thanks for sharing anyway! :smile:
Original post by Sharpeyj
Ahhh succumbed to the temptation of this thread :tongue:
Have any more people been fished for natsci? (I saw one person for biological earlier)

I've got a re-interview at Murray Edwards for Phys NatSci :eek:... I think there might have been 2/3 others so far, but not many and I'm not sure which colleges! Hang on in there! :smile:
Original post by Sarr
Me! Pooled from Selwyn, not expecting to be fished :frown:

how come? tbh I have no idea what they're looking for
Original post by unbridled
I had the same interviewers. The one with Jane and Ewan was mediocre to OK, but the one with Alison and Dr Ristuccia was embarrassingly bad :tongue:.

I'm not holding much hope..

Yeah mine were pretty similar! Trying to bargain with the universe but it isn't working much...
Good luck!!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello! Haha, I'm in kind of the same position; I can't read anything too 'literary' right now, so I'm revisiting some childhood classics (Wind in the Willows, anyone? :smile:)

fantastic idea. I'm watching the sword and the stone on iplayer... sunk another level. There's an english essay I need to do but it's just like, what's the point? do you know any englishee who's been pooled?
Original post by happy_giggles
Yeah mine were pretty similar! Trying to bargain with the universe but it isn't working much...
Good luck!!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You too! Hope we hear in the next few days..
Managed to get some good revision today without being distracted by this thread, checking emails or waiting for phone calls!!
I'm proud of myself :smile:
Just got an offer from magdalene for PBS! Don't loose hope little fishes! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Thought I'd dive in here as a English fish thrown away to drown by Sidney Sussex as an auto pool. I can't even manage to read childhood classics, I just want a chance of some kind of closure.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by theodora45
fantastic idea. I'm watching the sword and the stone on iplayer... sunk another level. There's an english essay I need to do but it's just like, what's the point? do you know any englishee who's been pooled?

I love that film! Such a classic. Yeah, I really get where you're coming from. I've sunk into this lethargic depression, which I feel will only end when I find out the outcome of my application! I'm so glad I don't have any exams to revise for!

No, there have been a couple of direct offers and interview invitations on TSR though.
Reply 2177
Original post by grammar12
Just got an offer from magdalene for PBS! Don't loose hope little fishes! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

email or call?

I'm losing all my hope now...
And congrats!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQdlFfSq1kw

I have sunk to watching this as a means of occupying myself.
Reply 2179
Original post by cecil_bear
I've got a re-interview at Murray Edwards for Phys NatSci :eek:... I think there might have been 2/3 others so far, but not many and I'm not sure which colleges! Hang on in there! :smile:

Whoop!! Well done :smile: Very best of luck with the interview!! And ahhh... To be honest I have no idea of my chances. I'm guessing they are low as I have low ums but then I don't know how good my interview was really..

Latest

Trending

Trending