The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2220
Do we know whether the scores are definitely put into our pooling details?
Got and offer for HSPS at Murray Edwards starting in 2014, it was well worth ticking that box on the SAQ! :biggrin:
Reply 2222
Original post by Minerva
Apologies for late response to this - was trying to post and my mobile internet was not co-operating.

The bottom line here is that it would be pointless to contact your college until after 15 January - and there is a good chance you will have had news, one way or the other, by then.

I know it's hard but the only thing to do is try not to think too much about what's going on, and concentrate on what you need to do to nail those exams.

It's fine now, I received an offer from Girton today. Would it be unwise to ask my original college why I was pooled?

Posted from TSR Mobile
My re-interview is at 10am but the earliest train I can get into cambridge arrives at 10:07 and I've tried ringing robinson college loads but I get the answer machine all the time L:frown:
Original post by sjk1995

Yeh! This would be really useful info

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sjk1995

Your whole file is put for review. Including your interview scores and anything else extra.

Original post by batterzbee
Got and offer for HSPS at Murray Edwards starting in 2014, it was well worth ticking that box on the SAQ! :biggrin:

Well done :smile:
Reply 2226
Original post by louisjevans
My re-interview is at 10am but the earliest train I can get into cambridge arrives at 10:07 and I've tried ringing robinson college loads but I get the answer machine all the time L:frown:

will they provide overnight accommodation?

Well done you! Im so jealous right now! If you dont mind me asking, did you apply there originally? Also what time/how did they contact you?

haha i remember seeing that box on the SAQ and thinking if i get a place then hell yeah!

Still in limbo atm :frown:

Well done on your offer, now go revise!! :tongue:
What if one interview was good and
one bad?
Average score?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2230
Try my best to fall asleep when my local time is now 2AM. One pool-day ends with no email:confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2231
Original post by emoss
North Wales. Yeah I hate being in the pool but it slightly preferable to a straight rejection. Can I ask what on earth you are doing surrounded by so much Esparanto material? :smile:

I'm from North Wales too! Where abouts are you?
Original post by _b3th_
Well done you! Im so jealous right now! If you dont mind me asking, did you apply there originally? Also what time/how did they contact you?

I applied to Christs originally but was pooled. I got an email this afternoon after they couldn't get through on our home phone. Good luck!
Reply 2233
Original post by vedderfan94
Huh? You don't. Autopooling is the worst, it just means you look good on paper but were poor in the interview. The only people who get fished are those who had good or decent interviews but didn't make the cut due to so much competition at a certain college this year.

Well I'm pooled from St. John and I think I had 2 great interviews with them. But my UMS is low and so far all people I've seen got fished all have UMS 93~
I guess my chance is very very slim right now.
I mean if you get UMS 93~ even if your interview is bad then they will still pay more attention to your file and just ask you to re-interview but like me, low UMS (just about 90~), they will not consider again I guess.
Original post by Dawn6789
I haven't heard anything yet either :frown: I know, I really want them to just tell me now - it's really distracting! Btw, did you take a gap year?

I know right! I have a mock tomorrow and haven't been able to do any work, i'm too distracted! No, i'm still in year 13, did you?? Oh and what languages are you doing?
Original post by amg_22
will they provide overnight accommodation?

i would find out if they would answer the damn telephone :tongue:
Original post by belisarius
haha i remember seeing that box on the SAQ and thinking if i get a place then hell yeah!

Still in limbo atm :frown:

Well done on your offer, now go revise!! :tongue:

I really need to! C3 is going down!
Reply 2237
Original post by Kidioteque
Because I will be firming it... duhhhh :wink:

I had unconditional offers from UCL and LSE and would probably have chosen LSE because on the Law course you can take other modules...so ignore the doubters if that's where you end up. if you put down intercollegiate halls for accommodation you get to live with students from UCL and Kings as well.

Good luck being fished :smile:
Reply 2238
Original post by puchowsijk
It was the thing that kinda convinced me to consider linguistics as a university course - it was a beautiful idea (I'm a romantic when it comes to people with such solutions to auxiliary communication).

Thinking about this reminds me of my College interview - my interviewer was very interested in my study of the language. There's even an Esperanto society at Cambridge!

oooh that sounds like the type of thing which will help you get out of this pool! Good luck with the swimming. I will be following this thread to see what happens :smile:
Original post by Helly
No autopooling, I was pooled with 43 (777775, 3 TOK EE) if it helps

thanks :wink: I havent heard anything from clare yet, I was just wondering how it works with IB students cause I heard that if your UMS is over certian percentage you're auto pooled (have no idea what UMS stand for though) :colondollar:

Latest

Trending

Trending