The Student Room Group

Do you consider this body attractive?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sheldor
I'm sorry, what are you trying to say?(I can't understand it due to the structure.)

Really? What professional rugby player is that muscular? And how many?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Please see Rugbys Finest Calendar....yum! http://www.rugbysfinest.com/
Original post by Slothsftws
But that isn't the case any more, plenty of women don't like the more muscular man. I'll use my original example, more fangirls are attracted to cm punk and cody rhodes than mark henry, john cena and ryback.
Trust me, Cody rhodes is still goddam muscular compared to the average guy! Oh and I'll let you into a secret, a lot of the more muscular WWE wrestlers take steroids and various other PEDs and these+sustained dedicated resistance training can Indeed give you ridiculuous (disgusting) physiques, ie look at top non-natural bodybuilders.
Also, the muscular man isn't necessarily healthier, by today's standards of muscle the low body fat can be dangerous, there was a bbc3 documentary showing the health problems of bodybuilders.

Yes the level of fat bodybuilders routinely get to for competition is very unhealthy! But bear in mind this guy has at least 5% more BF in the pic (probably 8% ish) and that isn't actually unhealthy to maintain, just hard- especially whilst maintaining that degree of muscularity.

The notion that they are not SUPPOSED to be muscular is a social/gender construct. Which is different from the fact that men are stronger/have more muscle mass. Who is deciding women aren't supposed to be muscular? Society and gender roles, not biology, women can have a muscular build if they work hard, same with men.

Seriously, you even linked a study yourself that stated that women have 60 to 80% as much lean muscle mass as men pound for pound. Ergo, yes men are naturally more muscular! Secondly, subject a guy and a girl to exactly the same training regimen. The guy will grow more muscles than the girl because of the hormones in his body, ergo it is natural for men to be more muscular.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 282
Original post by MasterJomi

Most of the girls that don't like said body type, especially the one's that say they'll feel 'intimidated' are the one's that are actually just scared that a guy with such a physique wouldn't be interested in them in the first place/ they're out of shape / unattractive themselves/ afraid of his level of motivation and dedication due to their lack of both.

Also, lol at the people saying they'll feel intimidated but also want tall guys so they feel protected... Good one.

Lastly, he's clearly tensing. His muscles won't look like that all time.

I wouldnt be scared of a guy with muscles being interested in me at all, cos if im not interested in him than thats that.
I would never get with someone because i thought something like 'guys like him would never usually be interested in me'

Are you trying to say that we're saying this because we feel they wouldnt like us, and that if they did we would suddenly change our opinion?
Cos i wouldnt.

Whether i am 'out of shape' or 'unattractive' i don't care, as long as i am happy with myself is all that counts. I don't need or want anyone making me feel guilty for being myself.

And as for dedication/motivation, going to the gym/ working out is obviously not the only way to define that.
Original post by In One Ear
Trust me, Cody rhodes is still goddam muscular compared to the average guy!

Yes, I know that. The point I was making is he is less muscular and way more attractive.

Seriously, you even linked a study yourself that stated that women have 60 to 80% as much lean muscle mass as men pound for pound. Ergo, yes men are naturally more muscular!

I never said they weren't more muscular. I said the idea that women aren't supposed to be muscular or it is unnatural is a social construct.
Pay attention to what I say before you reply, next time.
Original post by Nick1sHere
This is TSR, the answer will always be no

:rofl:
Original post by Emma-
I wouldnt be scared of a guy with muscles being interested in me at all, cos if im not interested in him than thats that.
I would never get with someone because i thought something like 'guys like him would never usually be interested in me'

Are you trying to say that we're saying this because we feel they wouldnt like us, and that if they did we would suddenly change our opinion?
Cos i wouldnt.

Is that what I wrote? No. But yes, some girls would feel like these guys would not like them. Not sure where you got that second part from.

Whether i am 'out of shape' or 'unattractive' i don't care, as long as i am happy with myself is all that counts. I don't need or want anyone making me feel guilty for being myself.

And as for dedication/motivation, going to the gym/ working out is obviously not the only way to define that.

... Reread what you said ealier.

Of course that's not the only way to define dedication/motivation. However, as I wrote earlier, my post is aimed at girls who say they find that body type intimidating. Even you made a stupid comment about spending their life in the gym, when you clearly know nothing about it.
It's a common insult to describe those that are dedicated about something as obsessed which is what essentially you wrote by saying that.

Original post by Emma-
no
not a fan of muscles at all, personally they make me feel unfit, fat and self conscious about my own body.
I also can't see the hype around spending half your life at the gym.

"They make me feel unfit, fat and self conscious about my own body"

~4hours a week in the gym = half your life... Lol. Have a gold star.
Reply 286
Original post by MasterJomi
... Reread what you said ealier.

Of course that's not the only way to define dedication/motivation. However, as I wrote earlier, my post is aimed at girls who say they find that body type intimidating. Even you made a stupid comment about spending their life in the gym, when you clearly know nothing about it.
It's a common insult to describe those that are dedicated about something as obsessed which is what essentially you wrote by saying that.

"They make me feel unfit, fat and self conscious about my own body"

~4hours a week in the gym = half your life... Lol. Have a gold star.

- I am actually friends with many guys who go to the gym everyday for fitness, some more than once a day. i know the dedication involved, i know why they do it. And they definitely more than 4hours a week and have muscles like the guy in the photo. I go to the gym for 4hours a week.
my 'stupid comment' was that i personally could not spend all that time in a gym working out and personally i dont see the hype about working out for extensive periods (not the few hours a week). But i can see and know why people choose to.

-RE first quote. That was the way it came across when i read it. I see now, it may not have been intended that way.
Original post by Sagacious
Yeah ^

I see four types of people responding:

1) Guys who respect his body and are possibly aiming for something similar.

2) Guys who are jealous of his body, and don't have the motivation to do anything about their own.

3) Girls who actually dislike that body type.

4) Girls who know they realistically wouldn't stand a chance with a guy like that because he has probably got high standards.

With #2 and #4 making up the majority.

But how could #4 be a major one when the same girls cite muscular guys who are not to that extreme but still "out of their league" as guys they would prefer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 288
What girls say they want and what girls actually want are two completely different things.
Original post by Studentus-anonymous
Except it's the girls saying it's unattractive.

You saying girls are jealous of some blokes muscles? :teehee:

Little teenage girls who've barely been exposed to anything but the skinny scrawny guy lol Not saying as a guy that that guy is attractive, he's too low in fat for my liking, but TSR is the last place to ask for WOMEN'S opinions. I learnt that many years ago. The skinny Indy looking dude fits with the demographic here. But good thing this doesn't reflect the general population. I know it doesn't.
Original post by silent ninja
Little teenage girls who've barely been exposed to anything but the skinny scrawny guy lol Not saying as a guy that that guy is attractive, he's too low in fat for my liking, but TSR is the last place to ask for WOMEN'S opinions. I learnt that many years ago. The skinny Indy looking dude fits with the demographic here. But good thing this doesn't reflect the general population. I know it doesn't.

Don't you think the idea that women really prefer muscles is a bit juvenile and fallacious?

Who would get more attention?

Rupert_Friend2222.jpg or 62c2a63a618abfc03402b0a83bea4f4b.jpg

I know which one I and the majority of females prefer, and it is not the more muscular, because guess what faces, hair and style matter. Stop with this simplistic notion that we all secretly love muscles, you're only trying to convince yourself of that.
Don't you think the idea that women really prefer muscles is a bit juvenile and fallacious?

Who would get more attention?

Rupert_Friend2222.jpg or 62c2a63a618abfc03402b0a83bea4f4b.jpg

I know which one I and the majority of females prefer, and it is not the more muscular, because guess what faces, hair and style matter. Stop with this simplistic notion that we all secretly love muscles, you're only trying to convince yourself of that.

One extreme to another. Daniel Craig did alright in Bond. Tom Hardy is a lot bigger and seems popular too. You'd be surprised how many guys lift weights, even the skinnier ones like Brad Pitt.

Who's trying to convince who? You don't know what I want. Convince myself what? Lol oh dear. Didn't realise I needed TSR teen girl approval before implementing a fitness plan.
As for big muscular guys, whether you like them or not they evidently get plenty of women. Horses for courses. You don't need an amazing body but confidence and the ability to talk to have a chance with the opposite sex, something most people on here seem to lack then blame their facial hair or something stupid.
One extreme to another. Daniel Craig did alright in Bond. Tom Hardy is a lot bigger and seems popular too. You'd be surprised how many guys lift weights, even the skinnier ones like Brad Pitt.

Women are attractive to different things but as my example shows more muscles don't make you more attractive. The better face wins every time.

As for big muscular guys, whether you like them or not they evidently get plenty of women.

Where's the evidence for that? Look at my example, you think the muscular guy has had more women than the guy who is actually attractive?
Women are attractive to different things but as my example shows more muscles don't make you more attractive. The better face wins every time.

Where's the evidence for that? Look at my example, you think the muscular guy has had more women than the guy who is actually attractive?

Hard to prove. Guys who are muscular tend to look after themselves more so it could be a number of factors. You seem to have a black and white view. Claiming more women like this over this is all just nonsense you've dreamt up; it's just what you prefer. As I said before, TSR is full of young teen girls and you simply haven't been out and about enough in the world. The skinny guy is just what you've been exposed to. You've posted pictures of massive muscular guys. The guy in the OP probably looks pretty normal and good when he's not posing/tensing. Clothes will probably look better on him too-- CK underwear models arent skinny fags with no muscles. Tom Hardy is pretty big by normal standards, well beyond something I'd want, someone better tell him he's doing it wrong :rolleyes:
(edited 11 years ago)
Hard to prove. Guys who are muscular tend to look after themselves more so it could be a number of factors. You seem to have a black and white view. Claiming more women like this over this is all just nonsense you've dreamt up; it's just what you prefer. As I said before, TSR is full of young teen girls and you simply haven't been out and about enough in the world. The skinny guy is just what you've been exposed to. You've posted pictures of massive muscular guys. The guy in the OP probably looks pretty normal and good when he's not posing/tensing. Clothes will probably look better on him too-- CK underwear models arent skinny fags with no muscles. Tom Hardy is pretty big by normal standards, well beyond something I'd want, someone better tell him he's doing it wrong :rolleyes:

I don't think you understand my point that a good looking face beats muscles every time, and yes the majority of women would prefer the less muscley one in my example. What I'm trying to explain to you is that A) face matters and B) Calvin Klein models are more attractive than bodybuilders proving that more muscle doesn't make you more attractive, nor does it even make you attractive as that is dependent on your face ultimately.
I don't think you understand my point that a good looking face beats muscles every time, and yes the majority of women would prefer the less muscley one in my example. What I'm trying to explain to you is that A) face matters and B) Calvin Klein models are more attractive than bodybuilders proving that more muscle doesn't make you more attractive, nor does it even make you attractive as that is dependent on your face ultimately.

Good face and muscles exist too :rolleyes: now you're talking about Bodybuilders. They're huuge. Different topic. The guy in the OP wouldn't look that big if he wasn't tensing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good face and muscles exist too :rolleyes: now you're talking about Bodybuilders. They're huuge. Different topic. The guy in the OP wouldn't look that big if he wasn't tensing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I never suggested otherwise, as stated a good face is way more important and will defeat muscles every time. Bodybuilders aren't a different topic, the guy in my example is of similar build to a bodybuilder.
Reply 297
But that isn't the case any more, plenty of women don't like the more muscular man. I'll use my original example, more fangirls are attracted to cm punk and cody rhodes than mark henry, john cena and ryback. Also, the muscular man isn't necessarily healthier, by today's standards of muscle the low body fat can be dangerous, there was a bbc3 documentary showing the health problems of bodybuilders.

The notion that they are not SUPPOSED to be muscular is a social/gender construct. Which is different from the fact that men are stronger/have more muscle mass. Who is deciding women aren't supposed to be muscular? Society and gender roles, not biology, women can have a muscular build if they work hard, same with men. Men have to work hard for a build like the OP, you don't get that from not working out and anyone claiming that you do is incredibly misinformed.

Both of those people are muscular and defined, plenty of people are attracted to cena. Attractiveness is very subjective because it depends on their faces too, probably more than there bodies. On a side note Cody Rhodes is huge. As for Mark Henry, he has too much fat to really count. Not necessarily but generally they are. Most body builders only spend a few days at low body fats and have months at much higher.
No, it's very much biological :') In cave man terms, who looks more likely to be able to defend your offspring, bring you food and pass on good genes to your child, the big muscular guy or the skinny one? Obviously the muscular one, which is why they'd get laid more often. Men don't ask the same question of women, you just need to look healthy, and yes to a certain degree muscularity is a part of that, just not to the extent that it is for a man. See, not a gender construct.
Yes women can get a bit muscular, no where near the degree of men though.
Yes most men do have to work out hard, but a few are blessed with stunningly good genetics and work in manual labour, some don't even need to work in manual labour. You would accept that genetics plays a large role in your build and physique would you not?
Original post by HenryD
Both of those people are muscular and defined, plenty of people are attracted to cena.

No they aren't, he has a square head, cm punk and cody rhodes are considered attractive cena and ryback, are not and they have way more muscles.

No, it's very much biological :') In cave man terms, who looks more likely to be able to defend your offspring, bring you food and pass on good genes to your child, the big muscular guy or the skinny one? Obviously the muscular one, which is why they'd get laid more often.

But not today as muscular does equal more attractive as I've already proven, face beats muscles every time. You can have the biggest muscles in the world but a guy with a better face (cody rhodes compared to ryback) is going to win.

Men don't ask the same question of women, you just need to look healthy, and yes to a certain degree muscularity is a part of that, just not to the extent that it is for a man. See, not a gender construct.

You're so slow, how can you still not get this? For you to say women aren't supposed to be muscular is a social/gender construct, as they are not biologically unable to get a muscular build, it is just not found attractive or desired by society, or thought as as womanly. It would be biological if women weren't able to get a muscular build, but they can, therefore it is neither unnatural or not supposed to happen. How many times does this simple concept have to be explained to you?

Just because the majority of men don't desire it doesn't make it not a gender construct, that notion is ludicrous. The notion that they are not supposed to be muscular is not true, because who is supposing this? Not biology, it is you.
I think that is a highly attractive body to be honest, the shoulders could be improved by being less muscular but the rest i think personally just makes him look well defined!

Quick Reply

Latest