The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2240
Right, this thread is just making me more anxious now. I'm going to have to force myself to stop looking at it or I may go crazy. Good luck to you all :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by honggau
Well I'm pooled from St. John and I think I had 2 great interviews with them. But my UMS is low and so far all people I've seen got fished all have UMS 93~
I guess my chance is very very slim right now.
I mean if you get UMS 93~ even if your interview is bad then they will still pay more attention to your file and just ask you to re-interview but like me, low UMS (just about 90~), they will not consider again I guess.

I think you've been misinformed. If you had a good interview you have more of a chance of being fished than those with 93 UMS and bad interview. Those people look good on paper but performed poorly in the interview, which shows that they aren't what Cambridge are looking for.
so did they call people today? I've been browsing to see but i'm not sure.
Reply 2243
Original post by honggau
Well I'm pooled from St. John and I think I had 2 great interviews with them. But my UMS is low and so far all people I've seen got fished all have UMS 93~
I guess my chance is very very slim right now.
I mean if you get UMS 93~ even if your interview is bad then they will still pay more attention to your file and just ask you to re-interview but like me, low UMS (just about 90~), they will not consider again I guess.

If my brain still works well, I think someone who posted on this thread a few hours before DID get an offer with 80+ ums... What Cambridge wants is beyond our exam result, otherwise there wont be any poolee with 93+ums(like me...)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2244
Original post by Sarr
I'm from North Wales too! Where abouts are you?

Just north of Wrexham. You? I'm guessing you've been pooled too? Which course and college?
Reply 2245
Hey i just met you, but you said maybe, you've got my number, call me camby
Reply 2246
Original post by sjk1995

poetry!
Reply 2247
Original post by sjk1995

Or email me, send me letter!!

We are so desperate lol

Maybe we are wanting this for the wrong reasons.
Original post by rostamax
I had unconditional offers from UCL and LSE and would probably have chosen LSE because on the Law course you can take other modules...so ignore the doubters if that's where you end up. if you put down intercollegiate halls for accommodation you get to live with students from UCL and Kings as well.

Good luck being fished :smile:

Thank you! :smile:
Reply 2249
Original post by emoss
Just north of Wrexham. You? I'm guessing you've been pooled too? Which course and college?

Ah, a fair way off then. Prestatyn for me :smile:. Pooled for English by Selwyn, boo! What about you?
Reply 2250
Original post by honggau
Or email me, send me letter!!

We are so desperate lol

Maybe we are wanting this for the wrong reasons.

If they do ever ring me- gosh, I feel sorry for the poor person on the other end of my ridiculously happy self.
Reply 2251
Original post by L_X_0.0
If my brain still works well, I think someone who posted on this thread a few hours before DID get an offer with 80+ ums... What Cambridge wants is beyond our exam result, otherwise there wont be any poolee with 93+ums(like me...)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? But I think you still stand high chances because they always care about the unit marks, 93~ is definitely an advantage.
I just don't know what's going on right now.
Hope we will hear something soon.
It's just the second day, I read the thread last year and even saw someone who got offered on the 10th by post.

But really, worst weekend ever! This process is SO BRUTAL!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2252
Original post by inangel123
I know right! I have a mock tomorrow and haven't been able to do any work, i'm too distracted! No, i'm still in year 13, did you?? Oh and what languages are you doing?

Good luck for your mock tomorrow!! I'm still in year 13 as well and I applied for French and Spanish. This is actually so depressing.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2253
Original post by 130495
I've been given an interview at Churchill College - does this mean, even if they reject me after interview, I cannot be given a direct offer from another college?
Yes.
Reply 2254
Original post by Sarr
Ah, a fair way off then. Prestatyn for me :smile:. Pooled for English by Selwyn, boo! What about you?

Oh yeah I know people from there, although last time I heard about it, it was underwater:/ I applied for Linguistics at Trinity.
Reply 2255
Original post by sjk1995
If they do ever ring me- gosh, I feel sorry for the poor person on the other end of my ridiculously happy self.

:call2::gah::nutcase: I'm thinking..
Reply 2256
Original post by Sarr
:call2::gah::nutcase: I'm thinking..

hahaha, that's if I manage to grasp some self-control!
Reply 2257
It's such a horrible feeling because you can't actually let go when you're in a limbo. Do people reckon that the majority of us will hear tomorrow (if we get into another college) ?
Reply 2258
Original post by honggau
Really? But I think you still stand high chances because they always care about the unit marks, 93~ is definitely an advantage.
I just don't know what's going on right now.
Hope we will hear something soon.
It's just the second day, I read the thread last year and even saw someone who got offered on the 10th by post.

But really, worst weekend ever! This process is SO BRUTAL!

Hey, there is no guarantee, I had UMS of 92.5, had one average interview and one good interview and got pooled and has heard nothing yet. Yet two people got UMS average of 95 and 96 got pooled (they got fished now) but two people with 93 UMS and 94 UMS averages got direct offers!

Not to mention someone mentioned earlier their average was 88 and got fished for Law.
Reply 2259
Original post by Dawn6789
It's such a horrible feeling because you can't actually let go when you're in a limbo. Do people reckon that the majority of us will hear tomorrow (if we get into another college) ?

Hope so, someone said earlier that most of their friends who got direct offers got them 3-5 days after the pool closed. So crossed fingers!

The clinging hope is horrible though, I can't get anything done and every time the phone rings I freak out..

Latest

Trending

Trending