The Student Room Group

Typical science and maths students: how much do you study?

During the week, how many hours do you spend a day studying. I'm more interested in knowing about A2 students. But AS students are more than welcome to enlighten us!
I'm in my A2 year. Chemistry, Maths, Further maths & Biology

Weekdays - 3 hrs
Weekends - 3-6 hrs

Month leading up to exam

Weekdays - 6 hrs
Weekends - 8 hrs
At uni now, but still. My subjects were english lit/biology and chem at A2. Unless I had homework, the only work I did towards them was in lessons and then I had a crazy stressful couple of weeks before exams revising under conditions of sleep deprivation and wanting to murder anyone who came near me.

Probably not a sensible approach to studying, but it's always worked for me :')

I can't motivate myself to do work unless I'm stressed out over it because I've left it until the last second.
I'm in AS but would anyone be studying now if all their exams were in the summer? Because i've done nothing.
Reply 4
Original post by Pink lipstick
I'm in my A2 year. Chemistry, Maths, Further maths & Biology

Weekdays - 3 hrs
Weekends - 3-6 hrs

Month leading up to exam

Weekdays - 6 hrs
Weekends - 8 hrs

That's really good!
Reply 5
Original post by Toomanyoptions
I'm in AS but would anyone be studying now if all their exams were in the summer? Because i've done nothing.

I basically thought the same thing and only came out with B's and C's. Sure, it works for maybe 10% of the population, but the rest of us have to study hard. I think you should probably keep up with everything. So this year I've been working really hard, retaking all my AS's as well.
Reply 6
Original post by battycatlady
At uni now, but still. My subjects were english lit/biology and chem at A2. Unless I had homework, the only work I did towards them was in lessons and then I had a crazy stressful couple of weeks before exams revising under conditions of sleep deprivation and wanting to murder anyone who came near me.

Probably not a sensible approach to studying, but it's always worked for me :')

I can't motivate myself to do work unless I'm stressed out over it because I've left it until the last second.

Haha, now that it's close to my exam time, I feel like I covered all my revision months ago and I find myself procrastinating a lot more! What course at uni are you doing now?
Original post by nukethemaly
I basically thought the same thing and only came out with B's and C's. Sure, it works for maybe 10% of the population, but the rest of us have to study hard. I think you should probably keep up with everything. So this year I've been working really hard, retaking all my AS's as well.

Thing is i really want to revise because i want to do good but i cannot find any motivation at all. I said i would start revising at the start of the holidays and now it is the night before.

Basically i am too lazy for life.
Original post by nukethemaly
Haha, now that it's close to my exam time, I feel like I covered all my revision months ago and I find myself procrastinating a lot more! What course at uni are you doing now?

Genetics at the uni of York. I wanted to do veterinary, but I didn't get in so I'm gonna do it as a graduate :smile:

Well, that's good then you sound quite prepared! I knew practically nothing right up until the point close to my exams :P Not that I'm one to offer advice on revision, but you could just do like 15 mins an hour or something. If you do it in short bursts you're less likely to die of boredom :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending