The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Hnyy1030
I'd really love to write you letters! Inbox me your address? Or mine to you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll just PM you!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 81
Original post by Lumos
I would love to have one in canada or something. I've had european language exchanged but it's not the same when you can't communicate fluently! I'm nervous about going on one of these penpal websites though because you get some right weirdoes on them...

Same! That would be great!:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
Original post by VanillaTwilight
This idea sounds awesome! Should totally set up a group :smile:

I've always wanted a penpal and getting written letters through the post.. one can only dream though eh:daydreaming:...

But yeah sounds pretty cool :biggrin:

I approve. Its so nice receiving actual had-written letters as opposed to emails . :smile:
Reply 83
Original post by Mrx123
Any one fancy having a penpal?

I'd love an online one but wouldn't want them having me house address lol

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 84
I want a penpal!
anyone interested in having an aspiring Welsh musician as a penpal? :tongue:
Reply 85
Original post by Bee3011
I really like the idea of that!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

So Why not PM me your address~hah,let's see how it take the letter to go across the continent

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
Ideally, I'd love one in France, but hey ho.

I'm currently taking French for A2 (applied for Economics and French at uni), as well as English Lit and Maths.

I love French, films, music (crappy guitarist) and cooking, alongside loads of other random ****.

Feel free to PM... I'm pretty awesome :ahee:.
Reply 87
I had a penpal, but we kinda lost contact... I met her when I was in the Isle Of Wight anyway so I had been to her house, it wasn't as if we were strangers...

Nowadays I suppose it's easier to do things online- I have about 5 foreign people that I email on a regular basis :tongue:
Reply 88
Original post by krikits
China would be a 1930 miles away from my country. :smile:

That's really far~hah. Somehow it's really cool the letter goes that far. Pm me your address? Or I give you mine?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
Original post by daisyblood
I want a penpal!

Hah me!!跪求PM=please PM :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
I'd love one! I actually just joined this site for help on my EE and I find myself distracted here! XP

Anyway! PM me if you're interested! I'm not very excited about giving out my address either, but I think the idea of actually writing gets me so why not? I'm not a fan of facebook and random stuff like that so I think it'd be interesting to just have someone to look forward to write to.

But, on a side note, I'm open to emails! Anyone interested in writing to Paki-American Artist?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 91
Original post by Lance liu
So Why not PM me your address~hah,let's see how it take the letter to go across the continent

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just sent you a PM!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by James A
I hate the idea of someone knowing my address. If you accidently write something bad, they could get the Mafia to come to your house and wreck you.

Just the other day the Icelandic mafia came round and stole my WHOLE box of fox's biscuits
Reply 93
Might be abit weird but my friend is kind of like my pen pal too :smile:
Since I moved away from London to uni I randomly decided to surprise her with a letter from me, just a catch up filled with private jokes song lyrics memories etc. a letter but more creative and from then on we've just carried it on even though we have eachother on Facebook, have eachothers numbers, I have her on whatsapp and I have her email address but it's just a fun way of communicating :smile:

The joy of having a hand written letter and the laughs you get out of it are pretty cool :')
Reply 94
Just to let you know that, a TSR Penpal Group is on its way to be created. :smile:
Reply 95
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=2218 The TSR Penpal Group is a reality! :smile: Get joining, peeps! :smile:
If someone still needs a pen pal, pick me!

I've had a pen pal for about a year now, I met him in real life when I went to England in December for my (rejected) Cambridge interview, and I didn't even feel that I was in the presence of a serial killer.

I wouldn't mind another one, especially from France or Scotland (< university). Or anywhere really. If anyone wants one, right over here.
Reply 97
Original post by Z.Raymond
Might be abit weird but my friend is kind of like my pen pal too :smile:
Since I moved away from London to uni I randomly decided to surprise her with a letter from me, just a catch up filled with private jokes song lyrics memories etc. a letter but more creative and from then on we've just carried it on even though we have eachother on Facebook, have eachothers numbers, I have her on whatsapp and I have her email address but it's just a fun way of communicating :smile:

The joy of having a hand written letter and the laughs you get out of it are pretty cool :')

Original post by Bibliomaniac
If someone still needs a pen pal, pick me!

I've had a pen pal for about a year now, I met him in real life when I went to England in December for my (rejected) Cambridge interview, and I didn't even feel that I was in the presence of a serial killer.

I wouldn't mind another one, especially from France or Scotland (< university). Or anywhere really. If anyone wants one, right over here.

Original post by Bee3011
Just sent you a PM!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Ria93
I'd love one! I actually just joined this site for help on my EE and I find myself distracted here! XP

Anyway! PM me if you're interested! I'm not very excited about giving out my address either, but I think the idea of actually writing gets me so why not? I'm not a fan of facebook and random stuff like that so I think it'd be interesting to just have someone to look forward to write to.

But, on a side note, I'm open to emails! Anyone interested in writing to ****-American Artist?

Original post by jamboogy
Ideally, I'd love one in France, but hey ho.

I'm currently taking French for A2 (applied for Economics and French at uni), as well as English Lit and Maths.

I love French, films, music (crappy guitarist) and cooking, alongside loads of other random ****.

Feel free to PM... I'm pretty awesome :ahee:.

Original post by Lance liu

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by daisyblood
I want a penpal!

Original post by priya8D
I approve. Its so nice receiving actual had-written letters as opposed to emails . :smile:

Original post by Lumos
I would love to have one in canada or something. I've had european language exchanged but it's not the same when you can't communicate fluently! I'm nervous about going on one of these penpal websites though because you get some right weirdoes on them...

Original post by priya8D
I would love a Penpal! I had a French Penpal in year 8, it was a one-sided conversation, she never replied :cry:

Original post by Hnyy1030
her name is quite usual in korea, i dont get it why that name's amusing but yeah could be hihi :smile: so if you want a letter inbox me! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by VanillaTwilight
This idea sounds awesome! Should totally set up a group :smile:

I've always wanted a penpal and getting written letters through the post.. one can only dream though eh:daydreaming:...

But yeah sounds pretty cool :biggrin:

Original post by Palatial Veranda
Yes. I would like a penpal.

I'm only allowed 2 visiting hours per week. It does get rather lonely in here sometimes.

Original post by jamesmiguel
Lol this would be awesome :smile:

I remember having a Chinese pen-friend as a child (part of a school project), we only exchanged a few letters, but I remember at the time being impressed with her proficiency at English, and thinking how cool this was, sharing stories on other sides of the world :biggrin: Wonder whatever happened to her :redface:

So, yeah, I'd be keen for a pen-friend, either in the UK or international - anyone who's interested can PM me :smile: I'm a 24-year old law graduate, a guy, who lives just outside London, where I work (in the City as an analyst), and, ummm, that's about it really!

Original post by mammamia:0
PM me your address! :smile:

Original post by Soph.Jade
Anyone want a penpal from South Wales? I like handwritten letters :biggrin:

Original post by fluteflute
I might be interested.... Wales is at a different country :wink:

Original post by krikits
China would be a 1930 miles away from my country. :smile:

Original post by Soph.Jade
That would be fun, I'd tend to write pretty often too! Shall I inbox you my address?

sorry, just realised i quoted the wrong person :/

Original post by Studentus-anonymous
Can't hurt.

Original post by Alix23
That'd be great. Only problem is most people want an international penpal, but most people here are from the UK.

Original post by JustinHavelock
Hello there!

I cant agree more with you - I used to have a french penpal who we did meet once in London. :biggrin: It was great. Her letters are still carefully kept by me and I value so much the handwritten letters and the stamp on it. People nowadays just dont do it no more - pm me if you would like to be my 21th century penpal XD :smile:

Original post by JustinHavelock
cant find better description on the thrill of having a penpal than yours - pm me if you would like to be penpal. Though it is rather interesting that we find our penpals on the net instead of the magazines years ago! Anyone else?

Original post by PINKFLEUR
I am looking forward to it.
xx

Original post by Emmie3303
I'd love a penpal! I used to have a French penpal through school but it all sort of fell apart as only school knew the addresses and they stopped getting us to write letters.

Original post by Mrx123
Any one fancy having a penpal?

Original post by Dagnabbit
I always thought the idea would be fun and nostalgic. Kinda reminds me of French exchange in secondary school when we were encouraged to do this. :tongue: Everyone just uses Skype and Facebook these days. :frown:

Original post by mammamia:0
Sure sounds cool :smile:

Original post by Little_missy01
I used to have one in primary school
Id quite like to have one again

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Rascacielos
I have a friend I met on Diddl.com when I was 10 (or however hold I was when Diddl was cool!) and I still write to her almost a decade later. I plan on meeting her for the first time this summer.

I am also still in touch with my German exchange partner from Year 8 (when I was 12) - we usually email but sometimes write letter and we see each other every year.

Original post by Tigrah99
I'd love one :biggrin:

Original post by aliakhan
Sure. Were are u from ?..pm if u want..:-)

Original post by chipskylark
I'd love to have a penpal :smile:

Original post by JSam1994
I'd love a french one, i have no idea where to find one though that would do hand written letters. My school(s) never had an exchange programmes or anything, sounds like it would be great! :daydreaming:

I have never multi-quoted so hopefully, you will all be able to read this: the TSR Penpal Group has been created. Link: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=2218

Once we have a list of people we can organise ourselves and sort out who writes to who. :smile: Join the group!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 98
just joined the group.
Reply 99
Original post by Bellissima
aww can we hear the story?

Well my friend was going out with his friend at the time,both lads were in the RAF, and my friends BF asked her if she had any friends that would like to write to some lads in on camp in Europe.I wrote to 5 lads in the end,and my hubby was the only one to reply.Just started writing, and then we met about 4 months later.We had feelings for each other by then so we gave a relationship a go.It was an LDR but we made it.Got married just over 2 years later.

That was almost 19 years ago and we're still together.

Latest

Trending

Trending