The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry B (Salters) Thursday 10th January Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Ms june 2012 paper fellas?
Reply 81
Original post by krisshP
But how you know the pros and cons? They are not on the Chemical Ideas book and on the the chemical storyline book there is a lack of detail.

i know them cos of GCSE chem, tbh they are more likely to ask you about the pros and cons of hydrogen, LPG or diesel which are in the specification and the storylines.
Reply 82
anybody know where to find may 2012 mark schemes?!
Reply 83
Original post by Zarah01
i know them cos of GCSE chem, tbh they are more likely to ask you about the pros and cons of hydrogen, LPG or diesel which are in the specification and the storylines.

See the past paper questions of fuels and their pros and cons. Their mark schemes are very concise and annoying.
Reply 84
Original post by krisshP
See the past paper questions of fuels and their pros and cons. Their mark schemes are very concise and annoying.

aren't they always, bugs the hell out of eveybody , what i tend to do is get worried that i haven't written the key word and so i start writing everything i know about the topic in the hope that something i've written will get me the marks i desperately need but then you get a load of timing issues :angry: i've resorted to learning mark schemes now
Reply 85
Original post by Zarah01
aren't they always, bugs the hell out of eveybody , what i tend to do is get worried that i haven't written the key word and so i start writing everything i know about the topic in the hope that something i've written will get me the marks i desperately need but then you get a load of timing issues :angry: i've resorted to learning mark schemes now

yeah, with the long questions on shapes of molecules I do a similar thing. I say "regions of electron density repel as far apart as possible" first so I don't forget. Then I say how many regions there are...
(edited 11 years ago)
3rd time of retaking this paper, I just can't seem to get above 90% for this paper. It's frustrating.
Reply 87
Can you upload MS pleaseeeee?
Reply 88
wow, the june 2012 paper was hard
This is my third time, I absolutely cannot stand this paper. I'm aiming for an A* overall, so getting 90% in this paper is a must.
Does anyone know how picky the examiners are with the mark scheme? For example, I always say groups (note- not pairs, GROUPS!) of electrons rather than electron density. Some mark schemes say allow it, others don't mention it at all. I've never seen one specifically disallow it. I'm aiming for over 90% as well, so I can't really afford to drop stupid marks like this :L
Reply 91
Original post by Ben Dodds
Does anyone know how picky the examiners are with the mark scheme? For example, I always say groups (note- not pairs, GROUPS!) of electrons rather than electron density. Some mark schemes say allow it, others don't mention it at all. I've never seen one specifically disallow it. I'm aiming for over 90% as well, so I can't really afford to drop stupid marks like this :L

they are ridiculously picky to the extent that it's a piss take, did a paper and was asked about what spectra produced coloured lines on black background, i wrote emission spectra they didn't accept it, the answer was atomic emission spectra! just goes to prove that the difference between an A and a B could be 1 silly little mistake like that, puts a lot of pressure on a person :/
(edited 11 years ago)
I need that mark scheme pleaseeee!!!!! :frown:
Just done the paper.
I'm doing some hardcore revision so I can drop this **** in year 13!!!
Reply 93
nice one
Reply 94
You do know that AS percentage does not count towards an A* you just have to have got A's and then get 90% in the A2 exams gets you an A*
Reply 95
***80% average across the 2 years with 90% at A2
Original post by lilGem
***80% average across the 2 years with 90% at A2

:O
is that 80% as an average over all the AS course? Cos I sort of messed up the coursework.... I should be able to do better on the retake but it would be nice to have some excess marks to fall back on.
Reply 97
:O
is that 80% as an average over all the AS course? Cos I sort of messed up the coursework.... I should be able to do better on the retake but it would be nice to have some excess marks to fall back on.

it's across both years- so you can get a B at AS and 90%+ at A2 and get the A*
Really??? Well I've just got a lot more optimistic about my A-Levels :biggrin:
Reply 99
Really??? Well I've just got a lot more optimistic about my A-Levels :biggrin:

Yeah. . .

good to hear, how are you feeling about Thursday?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending