The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2380
Original post by uniphysics
ahaa good guess :P

yhh my average is 87%ish across my top 3 sciences :/

I applied to St John's, how about you?

Selwyn :smile: well I guess they must have seen something else in us to put us in the pool!
Original post by Minerva
Check out the OP - the daily update report will give you the answer, or

What is the OP??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 06waraujol
What's the daily OP?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Go to the original post by Minerva it's one of the links at the bottom of the post, it shows all the people pooled for your subject on TSR and who has been fished
Reply 2383
Original post by 06waraujol

What is the OP??

Posted from TSR Mobile

The first post of the thread (Original Post) :smile:
Reply 2384
Original post by saskiey
hi guys! I got this exact letter too but I'm a little confused because i never received notice I had been pooled (which is possible because i live in the US so i might not have received a letter yet) but I applied to magdalene in first place so I'm not really sure what's going on and i don't want to get excited and then be crushed if this is all a glitch!!
It looks like you were pooled and then taken back - this does happen. Ring them in the morning, or email them now for them to pick up tomorrow, explaining that you have a time difference problem.

Original post by mick.the.fish
approximately when do emailing/calling times open/close??

or is it just completely unpredictable?
This :smile:

Original post by Kidioteque
I'd be interested to hear the answer to this if you have one, Minerva :smile:
If there is a pattern, it seems to be more by college than subject, but I'm not even sure there is a pattern :smile:
Reply 2385
Original post by silentlife
You didn't tell me this at the interview. :wink:

How can I...

At least you have Imperial to fall back on. :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Silverland
Durham - chem here

(Bristol may be insurance. Not sure. I didn't actually go to their visit day so I'm not sure how to classify them)

Did you get an offer from Bristol without going on the Visit Day? I'm not sure whether to go or not... I probably won't to be honest as I have 3 other offers, any of which I'd gladly take, but you never know! :tongue: (sorry this is a bit off the whole 'cambridge pool' topic!)
Reply 2387
Do you think I could e-mail my college claiming that I haven't received any letter yet (even though I have, telling me I've been pooled) and ask them the status of my application, in the hope that they tell me I've been fished and made an offer?
Original post by jqian
At least you have Imperial to fall back on. :tongue:

Yes. :erm: Computing AS = :hide:
Reply 2389
Original post by Kidioteque
I'd be interested to hear the answer to this if you have one, Minerva :smile:

I think yes
For example just now, PBS, Magdalene, 2 people fished.
Hi Guys, thought I'd just join the Statistics :smile:

Applied for Peterhouse College for Mathematics, got pooled though :smile:

Anyone thinking the same as me? I do not want another interview at all, offer or no offer... Just no interview :frown:
Original post by bellatrixb
And me! I have only heard of (I think) three NatSci-ers who have been contacted so far...two offers and an interview, I think :smile:

Oh right well good luck!! Are you bio or phys? :biggrin:
Original post by Zhy
Do you think I could e-mail my college claiming that I haven't received any letter yet (even though I have, telling me I've been pooled) and ask them the status of my application, in the hope that they tell me I've been fished and made an offer?

If you are in the UK they might just say they don't process requests for email notification of decisions for non-internationals.
Original post by cecil_bear
Did you get an offer from Bristol without going on the Visit Day? I'm not sure whether to go or not... I probably won't to be honest as I have 3 other offers, any of which I'd gladly take, but you never know! :tongue: (sorry this is a bit off the whole 'cambridge pool' topic!)

Yes, AAA

If your heart isn't set on Bristol I wouldn't go tbqh. They gave me an offer anyways~
Reply 2394
Original post by silentlife
Yes. :erm: Computing AS = :hide:

I'm sure you'll get an A! We shall meet again one day though! xD
Original post by chocoholic_x
Aha yeah!! Do you reckon it will be just us two doing PBS at Magdalene? :smile:

TSR has had a pretty good fishing rate for PBS it seems!

I know, its pretty odd that the two of us got fished by Magdalene. I shall see you next year it seems! The only thing i don't like about Magdalene is the fact that the accommodation is very varied and you aren't guaranteed an en-suite but hey, we got into Cambridge!
Really upset that people are getting HSPS offers for 2014 entry and I haven't heard anything. I APPLIED DEFERRED DAMIT! :frown:
Original post by Minerva
x

I'm a medic that good pooled from robinson college. Nothing but tumbleweed for the last two days staring at my email and phone - I've basically been rejected haven't I?

If I had an interview they would have called me by now surely. People have been called with offers, so that's unlikely; Which leaves the possibility of an open offer (unlikely imo), or just a rejection tomorrow. Is this a fair assumption?
Original post by Megzx13
Thank you, good luck to you too. :smile:

Mine was the other way... of the four of us who got an interview, they all got offers and I got pooled. Kinda makes it worse :'(

Geog and Johns, you?

Ah my best friend applied to St Johns for Philosophy and got a straight rejection :frown: As for me, Physical NatSci and put into the pool by Murray Edwards. I'm really worried though because Murray Edwards is one of the few colleges that have been known to accept a considerable amount of pooled applicants :/

Hey well we've still got a few more days to mope, good luck to you, I wish you all the best and hope you get and offer soon! :smile:

PS don't worry about not getting accepted by St Johns, I've seen quite a few rejections so it must be a real tough cookie to get into it. Haven't seen any people studying geog that have been contacted yet so you still have a lot of hope!
Original post by grammar12
I know, its pretty odd that the two of us got fished by Magdalene. I shall see you next year it seems! The only thing i don't like about Magdalene is the fact that the accommodation is very varied and you aren't guaranteed an en-suite but hey, we got into Cambridge!

Yeah it is. :biggrin: Ah, I haven't had time to really research Magdalene much except google it and thought, "aww pretty" before getting all hyperventilated again. I have looked at the 'finance matters' bit though, which was the only down side I saw. It seems very expensive to eat there. :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending