The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2440
Original post by Tildamall
Not even, I've been at an all girls' for the last seven years! Which do you think you'll decide? I originally thought I'd say no but that seems more and more stupid as I think about it.

yeah me too! but have been doing semi-obsessive googling and it seems that most people say it really makes no difference, just forces you to go out and make friends a little more. Also apparently its not comparable at all to school, all girls or otherwise. So basically trying to convince myself it's a good idea! stuck between really wanting to go to cambridge and not really wanting to go all girls. what do you think you'll do?
Original post by Alex Bampton
Has there been many NatSci poolees fished today? (In comparison to other courses)
Tomorrow is the last big day I imagine.

My hope is sinking ever so slightly :/

Original post by Rhiannonymous
Hi, I'm a Physical NatSci applicant and so far I haven't seen many although some still have come through. Guess we can only hope the majority will be through this next week. I haven't heard anything yet either :s-smilie: What college did you apply for? :smile:

on the original post to this thread are some linked documents, minerva has done the one for today

it says how many people have been pooled and how many fished etc for each subject and college

atm it says: 23 pooled, 3 interviews and 1 offer
EDIT: To clarify thats just for natsci :smile:
Original post by Izzz
YES! I got one last night but don't know how to feel about it, do you think you'll take it?? :smile:

I don't think we can say no! It's just nice to know that someone feels the same way, let me know what you decide.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2443
Original post by ileng1
no, noone else!!
oh nice
good luck for exams! I'm currently on my gap year but finding it very hard to enjoy it whilst constantly thinking about this!

I got an offer from sidney sussex, by the phone, at about 7pm :smile: over the moon! Good luck for swimming in the pool, it was only when i'd given up hope and turned my mind to something else that the news came. :smile: x
Reply 2444
Original post by gregzz
What's up?

See sig :redface:
Original post by chocoholic_x
Yeah it is. :biggrin: Ah, I haven't had time to really research Magdalene much except google it and thought, "aww pretty" before getting all hyperventilated again. I have looked at the 'finance matters' bit though, which was the only down side I saw. It seems very expensive to eat there. :s-smilie:

It's honestly not expensive to eat at Magdalene - we have one of the cheapest formals, at £5.10 for a 3 course meal, and our hall/cafeteria is pretty reasonable. You can get a cooked breakfast/brunch for less than two quid. Plus all gyp rooms have hobs and microwaves if you want to cook yourself. So there really isn't anything to worry about :smile:

Also I personally wouldn't try and get an ensuite unless it really is a massive issue. Before I came I really wanted one too (which girl doesn't?) but I am beyond glad that I didn't get one as the only building with ensuite rooms is the furthest away and the older buildings with shared bathrooms are without a doubt the most sociable. And you hardly ever have to wait to use a shared one anyway.
Original post by gregzz
Dear beautiful Simon Moore, please take me and iCiaran back, we will love you forever

THIS, so much! xD

Original post by jqian
It seems to me that the fished ones have high UMS, which means I have the lowest chance compared to you and gregzz, good luck to you both and to silentlife! I fear they don't value a good interview as much as they do high UMS.

You're still in the pool, so still have a chance, I know people irl with decent UMS who weren't pooled, so hang in there :tongue:
Original post by theminimg
I've been given a place at newnham from the pool. I was a bit daunted at first by the fact that it is all girls, but I've been in single sex education since I was 4 and it by no means dictates that I don't have anything to do with boys! A friend in the year above was pooled to newnham last year and says she is having great fun and really enjoys it. Where else did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied to Emmanuel but was pooled, good thing is I'm doing history and so Newnham has a good location I'll probably accept in the end let's face it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2448
Original post by Zhy
See sig :redface:

Are you on your gap year? You should get an offer with grades like that, aghh I'm losing hope again
Reply 2449
Original post by gregzz
Are you on your gap year? You should get an offer with grades like that, aghh I'm losing hope again

No, I did them in year 12, and I'm applying in year 13 as a normal applicant

I'm losing hope too. The pool is drying up.
Reply 2450
Original post by Zhy
No, I did them in year 12, and I'm applying in year 13 as a normal applicant

I'm losing hope too. The pool is drying up.

That's impressive :O
And I know, I'm hoping that most Admission Tutors had their weekend off, so there might be more offers tomorrow
Reply 2451
I got placed in the winter pool for history of art, fitzwilliam college. Has anyone gotten any replies from the pool yet? (interviews/offers)
Reply 2452
Original post by emerly
pooled from caius to robinson for hsps...

when did you hear? and well done!!
Trying not to lose hope at this point. I know that there's still plenty of time for a college to let me know if I've been pooled, but it's getting less and less likely :frown:
Reply 2454
Original post by Stardust95
Really upset that people are getting HSPS offers for 2014 entry and I haven't heard anything. I APPLIED DEFERRED DAMIT! :frown:

do you think if we haven't heard yet we're basically rejected?
Reply 2455
Original post by iCiaran
THIS, so much! xD

You're still in the pool, so still have a chance, I know people irl with decent UMS who weren't pooled, so hang in there :tongue:

You people are so nice, I wish every one of you gets in!
Original post by wildmoon
yeah me too! but have been doing semi-obsessive googling and it seems that most people say it really makes no difference, just forces you to go out and make friends a little more. Also apparently its not comparable at all to school, all girls or otherwise. So basically trying to convince myself it's a good idea! stuck between really wanting to go to cambridge and not really wanting to go all girls. what do you think you'll do?

Ummmmmm. Honestly I know I won't turn it down- I'm looking around it tomorrow so unless I really hate it I'll accept, apparently it is a really nice college though...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2457
Original post by jqian

If we get in we should get drunk together....
Original post by jqian

Original post by gregzz
If we get in we should get drunk together....

Think that's a given :tongue:
Original post by lambo123
do you think if we haven't heard yet we're basically rejected?

I hope not :frown:(

Latest

Trending

Trending