The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

So are people agreed on there being a fair amount of offers being given out tomorrow?
Reply 2461
Original post by •Ball•So•Hard•
So are people agreed on there being a fair amount of offers being given out tomorrow?

surely if they wanted us they would have called/emailed by now? why would they wait 2 days? especially considering the pool closed on friday so nothing's preventing them
Reply 2462

We must agree on that, otherwise why are we still here? :biggrin:
hope dies last

Original post by lambo123
surely if they wanted us they would have called/emailed by now? why would they wait 2 days? especially considering the pool closed on friday so nothing's preventing them

Not all Admission Tutors work weekends
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2463
Can't be bothered to work weekends quite simply?

If they were truly organized they could of gotten the entire pooling business done in December and everyone apart from the very small number of re-interviews would be getting a straight offer or rejection rather than leaving 3,500 people in limbo for two weeks.
Reply 2464

Well it really all all started on Saturday afternoon, and not all would have worked today seeing as it's Sunday. All of us poolees will just have to wait I guess.
Reply 2465
Original post by Zhy
Do you think I could e-mail my college claiming that I haven't received any letter yet (even though I have, telling me I've been pooled) and ask them the status of my application, in the hope that they tell me I've been fished and made an offer?
Forget it, frankly.

I'd agree with you, it's just I've seen a few people saying they/ they know people who received their offers 3-5 days after the pool closed last year. Also, the amounts of TSR pool offers made so far this year is considerably lower that last year, suggesting there's more to come?

Just wishful thinking I guess...
Reply 2467
What are the chances of an offer after being reinterviewed at Murray Edwards? For NatSci
Original post by sbritton
What are the chances of an offer after being reinterviewed at Murray Edwards? For NatSci

Around 50% of people who get reinterviewed get offers.
Good luck guys my brother was on the same position a few years back and was one of the last to get fished

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2470
Original post by badatgow
I'm a medic that good pooled from robinson college. Nothing but tumbleweed for the last two days staring at my email and phone - I've basically been rejected haven't I?

If I had an interview they would have called me by now surely. People have been called with offers, so that's unlikely; Which leaves the possibility of an open offer (unlikely imo), or just a rejection tomorrow. Is this a fair assumption?
It's far too early to make the assumption that you've been rejected. Yes most people will have been called by now for their interviews, but I'd expect a few stragglers in the morning. Offers will be coming through over the next week, and rejections too. The latter are unlikely to come through tomorrow, however.

Original post by Alex Bampton
Has there been many NatSci poolees fished today? (In comparison to other courses)
Tomorrow is the last big day I imagine.

My hope is sinking ever so slightly :/
Check out the daily summary attached to the first post of this thread. Tomorrow is by no means the last 'big day'.
Reply 2471
Original post by emmaross
Good luck guys my brother was on the same position a few years back and was one of the last to get fished

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Did his college fish a lot of people last? or subject? or did he not notice a pattern and that's when he happened to get contacted? how long after he got pooled did he get fished?

Sorry for all the questions, this is what desperation does!
I'd agree with you, it's just I've seen a few people saying they/ they know people who received their offers 3-5 days after the pool closed last year. Also, the amounts of TSR pool offers made so far this year is considerably lower that last year, suggesting there's more to come?

This is my thinking of it :smile:

Ordinarily the majority of offers would be given out on the second day. This was the case last year, however the second day last year was a Saturday. This year is a Sunday and I can't believe many tutors will be sending out emails on a Sunday...sooooo tomorrow being a standard working day I would go for Monday to be D-day :wink:
So far from friends and whoever I've known Newnham magdalene, girton, Corpus Christi, Robinson, kings, Sidney Sussex to have made offers from the pool
Can you add any more you know of so I can cross them off this list of yet to reply colleges! Best of luck, you're totally right though, this isn't fair around jan exams, especially for those in the 3,500 swimmers who won't hear for a while :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2474
Tomorrow will be so depressing in college, everyone will be asking and I'll just be there rocking back and forth in my chair screaming "I DONT KNOW!"
Reply 2475
Original post by JakeHParkin
So far from friends and whoever I've known Newnham magdalene, girton, Corpus Christi, Robinson, kings, Sidney Sussex to have made offers from the pool
Can you add any more you know of so I can cross them off this list of yet to reply colleges! Best of luck, you're totally right though, this isn't fair around jan exams, especially for those in the 3,500 swimmers who won't hear for a while :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I saw Caius fished someone yesterday for MML.

Edit: Also check Minerva's OP for reports on which colleges have been making pool offers/interview calls.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Alex Bampton
This is my thinking of it :smile:

Ordinarily the majority of offers would be given out on the second day. This was the case last year, however the second day last year was a Saturday. This year is a Sunday and I can't believe many tutors will be sending out emails on a Sunday...sooooo tomorrow being a standard working day I would go for Monday to be D-day :wink:

Thanks! That's given me some hope

D-day indeed. The poolies last stand! I hope we all get our offers, and remember that what we've had to bear by just being in the pool, is an achievement already. Not because Cam wanted us, but because of the insurmountable pressure and anxiety.

Poolies forever~
Reply 2477
do you think if we haven't heard yet we're basically rejected?
No

Original post by Stardust95
I hope not :frown:(
And you'd be right :smile:

Yes

It always happens that it takes several days for them to work through the lists. Some colleges are faster than others, and some are very slow indeed. The real pressure over the weekend is to get the interview invites out.

No, isn't - I'm looking at this now and will post separately.

Original post by sbritton
Can't say specifically. Overall the success rate is around 1 in 2, but there isn't a subject or college breakdown, I'm afraid.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2478
Original post by Zhy
No, I did them in year 12, and I'm applying in year 13 as a normal applicant

I'm losing hope too. The pool is drying up.

I'm sorry did you get in the pool or are you waiting for an offer from the pool? Not sure I understand... Because don't worry, the pool answers go until the 14th, apparently.
interview vs amazing ums for phys nat sci?

Latest

Trending

Trending