The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheHaylio
Clare as well hahah!

Posted from TSR Mobile

madness! clare was massively oversubscribed!!! so haps about being fished though
Original post by gregzz
Hah I just don't think he liked me, his interview is probably the reason why I'm in the pool :angry::angry::angry:

He interviewed me too :laugh: That year the Emmanuel DoS was on sabbatical so he stepped in.
Reply 2502
Original post by ukdragon37
He interviewed me too :laugh: That year the Emmanuel DoS was on sabbatical so he stepped in.

Well it surely worked out better for you than me then! :P
Original post by gregzz
Imagine if we got pooled by Cauis, because GT liked us at the interview? lol

With the way he looked at me in the interview I think this is unlikely xD

Have a feeling if I'm fished I'll probably be reinterviewed because I can see my interview scores being wildly different...

The same GT that made me lose 5 marks in my 2nd year exam because he said in supervision something wouldn't ever come up that did then come up. :mad:

His wife was a (very good) supervisor of mine :awesome:

Also, it's sort of TSR policy not to use full names of university staff in posts, only their initials, since they do sometimes google themselves.

My friend, (other) Greg got straight rejected btw, along with the Johns CompSci from my school, I'm the only CompSci from my school left now :frown:
Reply 2504
Another day, no response ohh well there is always tomorrow :'(
Reply 2505
Original post by iCiaran
With the way he looked at me in the interview I think this is unlikely xD

I love how the guy that was walking me to that interview said he can't be intimidating... I wanted to jump out the window..
Original post by honggau
Omg, change thread to chat please offer holders lol
so insensitive you guys!!

Hahaha preach
Reply 2507
Original post by contacthigh
That happened to an older friend of mine. She ended up loving it there, and said it actually tended to be much quieter at times so she could study in peace.

She's lying.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1248911/Naughty-goings-Newnham-Have-women-women-Cambridge-college-raucous.html

But I can't take all the credit.
Original post by iCiaran
My friend, (other) Greg got straight rejected btw, along with the Johns CompSci from my school, I'm the only CompSci from my school left now :frown:

Aww that's unfortunate. There were a lot of good CompSci applicants to Emma this year though (and this may in fact be true across the uni).

Original post by gregzz
I love how the guy that was walking me to that interview said he can't be intimidating... I wanted to jump out the window..

He's not intimidating, just eccentric :tongue:
Original post by gregzz

Jumping out that window probably wouldn't be a great idea, it was like a mile high, although I felt pretty much the same :tongue:

I think the other thing that was really off-putting in that interview was the way they were sitting either side of me about a foot away...

Aww that's unfortunate. There were a lot of good CompSci applicants to Emma this year though (and this may in fact be true across the uni).

You weren't in that room... because intimidating pretty much sums it up.

How many people applied for CompSci when you first applied?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by iCiaran
Jumping out that window probably wouldn't be a great idea, it was like a mile high, although I felt pretty much the same :tongue:

I think the other thing that was really off-putting in that interview was the way they were sitting either side of me about a foot away...

Were you interviewed in GT's office. Did you have to use the whiteboard to show your working? :rofl:
Original post by belisarius
on the original post to this thread are some linked documents, minerva has done the one for today

it says how many people have been pooled and how many fished etc for each subject and college

atm it says: 23 pooled, 3 interviews and 1 offer
EDIT: To clarify thats just for natsci :smile:

Sorry if somebody's already asked you this but what thread did you get that from? :smile:
Reply 2512

haha maybe, you obviously got to know him better :biggrin:

Original post by iCiaran

I also had sun in my eyes which was just annoying and yea, I just hated that interview..

Were you interviewed in GT's office. Did you have to use the whiteboard to show your working? :rofl:

I don't think it was his office since we were at TH and he's from Cauis? but there were no whiteboards :P
(edited 11 years ago)

Not sure if it was his office, don't remember a whiteboard so probably not.

I was in a room in TH about 6 floors up at the top of a spiral staircase, with a long table. We were at one end of the table, me sitting on the thin end and the two interviewers either side, about a foot to my left and right. Like I said, pencil and paper, no whiteboards...
Reply 2514
I have a nervous habit where I peel the dead skin from my lips with my teeth. During the course of the weekend I have turned into Angelina Jolie.
Original post by Rhiannonymous
Sorry if somebody's already asked you this but what thread did you get that from? :smile:

go to the first page of this thread and the very first post. at the end of the first post are documents. click on the one for the 6th (and in the future the most recent one) for all TSR stats. Obviously it will only be a sample of cambridge as a whole
Original post by Dawn6789
I have a nervous habit where I peel the dead skin from my lips with my teeth. During the course of the weekend I have turned into Angelina Jolie.

i do that too!
Original post by T_x
Indeed - an unconditional!! Arghhh!!!

Well done! Post A level candidate? What have you done on your gap year?
Original post by gregzz
haha maybe, you obviously got to know him better :biggrin:

I also had sun in my eyes which was just annoying and yea, I just hated that interview..

I don't think it was his office since we were at TH and he's from Cauis? but there were no whiteboards :P

Original post by iCiaran
Not sure if it was his office, don't remember a whiteboard so probably not.

I was in a room in TH about 6 floors up at the top of a spiral staircase, with a long table. We were at one end of the table, me sitting on the thin end and the two interviewers either side, about a foot to my left and right. Like I said, pencil and paper, no whiteboards...

Yep if you were at Tit Hall then he was just visiting.
Original post by Tildamall
I applied to Emmanuel but was pooled, good thing is I'm doing history and so Newnham has a good location I'll probably accept in the end let's face it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where else have you applied? We're so close to the Sidgwick site....

Latest

Trending

Trending