The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BEVLA12
Hi, I've finally decided to join the thread after a good 3 days of endless stalking.
Got Pooled for History by Downing... wondering if there were any other fellow historians still waiting?

Historian from Downing too :smile: there are quite a few history swimmers on here though

Out of interest was it your parents who wished me good luck on one of the first threads? If not that makes 3 downing historians :tongue:
Reply 2581
if i changed my phone number on track,,, would cambridge know??
Another day of waiting; how long before more linguistics offers, I wonder...
Reply 2583
Original post by puchowsijk
Another day of waiting; how long before more linguistics offers, I wonder...

Another day another chance
Reply 2584
aghh someone fish me...
Original post by Atropos
Another day another chance

We shall see eventually. Knowing that a couple of my school colleagues have been fished (or given straight offers) doesn't especially help however.
Reply 2586
I don't understand why, if the pool closed on Thursday, we still haven't been notified. Surely each department in each college will only have ended up with a few people to contact? :s-smilie:
Hiya- I was pooled by Emmanuel for English Lit and still no reply...:s-smilie: Does anyone know if English is really as over-subscribed as everyone keeps telling me? Also I think someone mentioned that people who are pooled by Emma actually have on occasion better chances of being fished by others- is this true?

Congrats to everyone who has already been fished- personally I've been using this as an excuse to break my New Years resolution and finish off all the chocolate in the cupboard... :wink:
Reply 2588
Original post by JKA17
I don't understand why, if the pool closed on Thursday, we still haven't been notified. Surely each department in each college will only have ended up with a few people to contact? :s-smilie:

No, there is about a 1000 of people to inform and a lot of colleges don't work on weekends look at the minervas list from last year and the up to date one and you will see the difference and perhaps understand xD
Reply 2589
Original post by annehogarth
Historian from Downing too :smile: there are quite a few history swimmers on here though

Out of interest was it your parents who wished me good luck on one of the first threads? If not that makes 3 downing historians :tongue:

SO MANY swimming historians! Good luck :smile: hope we all get fished soon!
If you are fished by interview by one college, can you still get interviews/offers from other colleges (including your original)?

Didn't somebody say they got interviews from two different colleges in the pool?
Reply 2591
THE PHONE RANG AND I WAS TOO LATE TO PICK UP please please please please tell me it was Cam ahhhhhhhh
Original post by joyie
if i changed my phone number on track,,, would cambridge know??

My college tried to call my home phone to fish me and I was out of the country- they won't leave it at that, they retried my email and sent a letter to my home address, so unless all three have changed I wouldn't worry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2593
Kicking myself for not picking up the phone, they'll call back, right?
Someone's parent posted on here earlier saying that their daughter was pooled last year, and rang her original college after a few days to find out if she had been rejected or not - they told her that she had, and she was put out of her misery. I think I am going to ring St John's today - that way I can at least have a solid answer!
Reply 2595
Original post by annehogarth

Yep! Thats them- at least that reduces our chances slightly :confused:
How many historians have been fished already...? should i give up hope?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2596
Original post by JKA17
Me :frown: feeling sad. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good Luck to you too- it will all work out whatever happens!
Were you pooled from downing or another college?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2597
Hey guys! I was wondering if you knew what it would mean to receive no answer at all (neither offer nor rejection, nor place in pool) at this point? I'm wondering for a friend of mine. Thanks a lot and good luck to all poolies out there!
Just spoke to a lovely woman at St John's in the admissions department (who was very apologetic regarding the whole thing!) and she said that they haven't received any files back yet, and theoretically they may not know anything until the end of January. Arghhhhh this is so frustrating!

Anyone heard anything today?
Reply 2599
Original post by BEVLA12
Good Luck to you to- it will all work out whatever happens!
Were you pooled from downing or another college?

Thank you :smile: No I was pooled from Magdalene. So far on here I think 4 historians have been fished, but check Minerva's update, there's a link at the bottom of her first post.

Latest

Trending

Trending