The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L_X_0.0
I genuinely dont want to hear anything from my preference college in the future...

Not even 'we want to give you an unconditional offer'?
Reply 2661
Original post by \/ibhav
There's a guy who got fished from Trinity for Maths on the 20th of Jan. Let's not lose hope unless Trinity contact us, which I think will be thursday (if they do have to contact us; I really hope not!)

Bad trinity don't !
Found out yesterday that I've been fished by Murray Edwards for MML, after being pooled by Emmanuel. Very relieved but also slightly concerned about what my conditions will be!
Original post by nomnum
Just been officially rejected by King's for ChemEng via NatSci!
Kinda disappointed but glad to be free of this limbo finally!

Best of luck to everyone :smile:

I'm in the same boat as you, got my final knock-out blow from King's for History. Good luck everyone.
Original post by BEVLA12
I know that TildaMall has been fished by Newnham for history, but definitely no one from Murray Edwards. Downing don't even seem to be fishing anyone, so assuming that means they're waiting for reinterviews or already have spaces filled?
UMS- 93%. not sure if i was auto pooled or not (hoping not)

I was fished by Murray Edwards yesterday.
Just got a call from St John's telling me that they will be accepting me after all! Bizarrely a friend in the year below me at secondary school (I went to a different 6th form) was fished out by Johns for Education with English and Drama as well! I kind of feel like a very cruel practical joke is going on here.... GAH! I'm so happy - I had completely given up any hope!

Good luck to you all - I am hoping that I will get to meet lots of you there :smile:

Thank you again to Minerva for this thread :smile:
Original post by Atropos
There is only one person fished from trinity college is this because they haven't started fishing those or is it because nobody likes fishes from trinity :biggrin: ?

Probably haven't started fishing. Around 60 Trinity applicants are fished every year, as Trinity tends to attract strong applicants, so they have spare students of the Cambridge standard ready to be fished.
Original post by joyie
sadly all three have changed...!!! cos i go to a boarding school so there my email, phone no, and address are different and now i'm on holidays so yeah... i emailed them my gmail email address so hopefully if they email me they will remember ot use my non-school one :/

Haha that is so unlikely! I'm sure they will remember, but if I were you I'd probably email the admissions department and ask- my friend did that ad got an offer. Good luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tildamall
What course are you doing? Because in that sense it's really well placed. As in unis? I applied to bristol, Edinburgh, Durham and Warwick, and I've stayed at most and had the funnest time but still feels wrong to turn down Cambridge. Still, ALL GIRLS! What are you going to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Almost the same - applied to Bristol, Durham, Warwick and York. I haven't stayed at any of them but I've visited all except Bristol. If I get the grades I'll still go to Newnham - everyone there loves it and with the exception of Durham it doesn't really compare. I live in London and seeing as Cambridge terms are so short it's hardly as if I won't be getting out when I come back. What are you going to do?
Reply 2669
Original post by \/ibhav
Not even 'we want to give you an unconditional offer'?

Just try to be realistic... I would rather consider being fished by Trinity:tongue:Even this looks more possible than an unconditional offer...
Original post by Oli-Ol
I was fished by Murray Edwards yesterday.

It was for MML, no one has heard for history from Murray, congrtatz though :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Are there any colleges at all that haven't started fishing?? Cos it seems like most of them have...
Reply 2672
Hey fellow fishes! i've been following this thread for ages now and figured it was time i joined the party! :biggrin: i'm a geography applicant who got pooled by St Catz. have many other geogo peeps heard much yet? and are there any fellow fishes from st Catz on here? :biggrin:
Original post by oggdeferrer
Just got a call from St John's telling me that they will be accepting me after all! Bizarrely a friend in the year below me at secondary school (I went to a different 6th form) was fished out by Johns for Education with English and Drama as well! I kind of feel like a very cruel practical joke is going on here.... GAH! I'm so happy - I had completely given up any hope!

Good luck to you all - I am hoping that I will get to meet lots of you there :smile:

Nice! I'm pooled from Johns too, wish they'd call me :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by JKA17
Congratulations :smile: unfortunately I was pooled by Magdalene, so not the greatest :/

I really hope you hear! If you got a good reference I'm sure you have just as much of a chance, how did you think your interview went?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2675
Original post by CaileanOsborne
I'm in the same boat as you, got my final knock-out blow from King's for History. Good luck everyone.

Aw :frown: me too, I so hoped you'd get a place! Well done for getting this far :smile: and I guess it's nice of King's to get back to us so fast...

Reply 2676
phone just rang, nearly had a heart attack. It was my dad.
Reply 2677
Original post by oggdeferrer

Congratulations! It seems so many poolees get contacted today
Original post by Zhy
Where are mathmos on your list? :tongue:

Well I do maths too so they do rate!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2679
Original post by Tildamall
I really hope you hear! If you got a good reference I'm sure you have just as much of a chance, how did you think your interview went?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :smile: that's very kind. I felt like the first one went really well, and the second one was about as terrible as possible. I had no brain power left. I don't mind so much if I don't get in, I just want to know. I am on the verge of phoning Magdalene...

Latest

Trending

Trending