The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Robinson :smile: but the calling/emailing today would be university-wide.
Reply 1021
Original post by faithopejoy
Robinson :smile: but the calling/emailing today would be university-wide.

Hi,

Thanks for replying. :smile: So everything boils down to this very day then (as to whether we get offers)! :eek:
Original post by meowcat95
She said it would probably be today, but in the afternoon, but it might be tomorrow because it will take her a long time! I think there are a lot of us whose letter has gotten lost in the mail...

I think it will be some sort of internal mail problem, as Royal mail can't be so randomly incompetent. Anyway good luck with your application, Medicine right? I'm a hopeful medic too so we might be class-mates come October
has anyone heard from St Catz yet? (email)
Original post by jysim123
Hi,

Thanks for replying. :smile: So everything boils down to this very day then (as to whether we get offers)! :eek:

Yeah I guess this is it. If we don't hear from any college today we probably got rejected. All the very best to you :smile:
Reply 1025
Original post by faithopejoy
Yeah I guess this is it. If we don't hear from any college today we probably got rejected. All the very best to you :smile:

All the very best to you too! I sent in another email, hopefully the admissions secretary gives me a favourable reply.
Original post by ss06
I think it will be some sort of internal mail problem, as Royal mail can't be so randomly incompetent. Anyway good luck with your application, Medicine right? I'm a hopeful medic too so we might be class-mates come October

Thank you! Yeah I am, you too :smile: did you happen to get the occupational health letter this morning? It really confused me...
Original post by n.confused
Hi, I'm a Clare applicant too, and was e-mailed my decision? Are you international by any chance - I am and I had contacted admissions giving them my 'holiday' details, hence why they probably e-mailed me my decision on the fourth. So perhaps you could e-mail them to ask if they could e-mail you your decision? Hope this helps :smile: And good luck!

Yup I'm international too! I thought of emailing them but it seemed that some international people were emailed without having to ask, so I thought I'd wait. I'll probably email them now though, otherwise I have no idea when I'll find out what my decision is! Thanks :biggrin:
Did anyone hear from Jesus college for law?
Reply 1029
So my initial letter said I was in the winter pool, halfway through my free period today St John's (the original college I applied to) called and offered me a place!!!!!!

:biggrin:
Original post by Evansj
So my initial letter said I was in the winter pool, halfway through my free period today St John's (the original college I applied to) called and offered me a place!!!!!!

Congrats man :smile: what time was that?
Reply 1031
Original post by Evansj

Congrats! You must be over the moon now! :smile:
Original post by meowcat95
Thank you! Yeah I am, you too :smile: did you happen to get the occupational health letter this morning? It really confused me...

No I didn't, don't they normally send that with offer letters (like in the same envelope)? Just wait till we get the decision letter and then it might make sense. Is it just a form or does it have an introductory bit as well?
So I called Caius and got through to a porter (?) and he said that actually some letters were posted late on Friday due to some confusion. He then gave me a different admissions phone number - 01223332447

Hope this helps! I guess letters could potentially come tomorrow??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rajiv.dua07
So I called Caius and got through to a porter (?) and he said that actually some letters were posted late on Friday due to some confusion. He then gave me a different admissions phone number - 01223332447

Hope this helps! I guess letters could potentially come tomorrow??

Posted from TSR Mobile

tomorrow? are you Indian?
Has anyone received a decision letter via email from St Catz ??
By ethnicity, yes. But I'm British. I live just outside London and first-class post takes two days to reach me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rajiv.dua07
By ethnicity, yes. But I'm British. I live just outside London and first-class post takes two days to reach me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah, i see. I'm just trying to console myself by finding applicants in a similar state as me. No email, no post, no word at all.
Reply 1038
Original post by shankar.leo
ah, i see. I'm just trying to console myself by finding applicants in a similar state as me. No email, no post, no word at all.

Hi,

I applied to Churchill for NatSci(Physical) and I haven't heard from my college at all. I even tried calling them from Malaysia (twice), but no one picked up the phone. I think it's lunch time now...
Original post by ss06
No I didn't, don't they normally send that with offer letters (like in the same envelope)? Just wait till we get the decision letter and then it might make sense. Is it just a form or does it have an introductory bit as well?

It's just a massive form - it says something about "Following a conditional/firm offer of a place to study medicine at the University of Cambridge..."