The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2840
Original post by belisarius
oh you two...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

What? :wink:
Hi all! I finally received my decision just now: pooled for English at Magdalene. As my letter still wasn't in the post this morning (I live in the EU) I decided to get in touch with them, and just received my pooling letter through email.

I'm rather devastated, seeing as the only college that could offer me a place now is a mature college (and I'm not very keen on going there, seeing as I'm only barely 'mature' and didn't like any of them on the open day) - but I guess I'm in no position to complain!

Good luck to all you other lovely fish, and congratulations to everyone who managed to escape this nasty pool! :smile:
Reply 2842
Original post by WJRA
Yes, its really getting annoying now.

Have you emailed? If so, what did they say?
Original post by belisarius
Do you mind telling me what Land Economy even is? I glanced at it in the prospectus and it didn't really tell me anything!

yepp. Imagine putting together a lawyer, an economist and an environmentalist. That's basically what Land Economy is. So when you get the degree, you can become a lawyer, an economist or an environmentalist or a combination. It's amazing really. AHHHHH this is just reminding me that I need to be fished. I keep checking my email every hour and NOTHING yet. FINGERS CROSSED. :biggrin:
Reply 2844
Original post by Brighter_Star
Hi all! I finally received my decision just now: pooled for English at Magdalene. As my letter still wasn't in the post this morning (I live in the EU) I decided to get in touch with them, and just received my pooling letter through email.

I'm rather devastated, seeing as the only college that could offer me a place now is a mature college (and I'm not very keen on going there, seeing as I'm only barely 'mature' and didn't like any of them on the open day) - but I guess I'm in no position to complain!

Good luck to all you other lovely fish, and congratulations to everyone who managed to escape this nasty pool! :smile:

Hello fellow Magdalene applicant :smile: remember Magdalene themselves could pull you back out as well.
I'm considering calling my initial college to put me out my misery

Good or bad idea?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2846
Original post by mick.the.fish

Good or bad idea?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I nearly did this earlier. I'm starting to think even if they yell at me and banish me from the country for being a nuisance it'll be more enjoyable than this...
Reply 2847
Original post by Nayim
Have you emailed? If so, what did they say?

I emailed about 3 hours ago and haven't received a response beyond an auto-response which said they won't email decisions to UK applicants. Apparently people have been getting results by phoning them though so I may try that later.
Reply 2848

Good or bad idea?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bad idea. You'd be castrated for such an unspeakable offence!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Oh my god
I am in pretty much the same situation as you
Been pooled and been thinking only chance is from mature colleges
I am barely qualified as a mature student !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JKA17
I nearly did this earlier. I'm starting to think even if they yell at me and banish me from the country for being a nuisance it'll be more enjoyable than this...

I'm really tempted but scared at same time :/

Which college btw?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2851

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too. I don't quite know how I would begin the conversation :s-smilie:
Original post by JKA17
Hello fellow Magdalene applicant :smile: remember Magdalene themselves could pull you back out as well.

Hi there! :smile: Yes, I read that in the letter - but I wonder if that still counts, seeing as a lot of people were fished by Magdalene last night (including one person who'd been pooled by Magdalene)?

Anyway, I hope you're right, and we both end up at Magdalene anyway :biggrin:
Reply 2853

Which college btw?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh sorry, Magdalene, you?
Original post by anamzaman
yepp. Imagine putting together a lawyer, an economist and an environmentalist. That's basically what Land Economy is. So when you get the degree, you can become a lawyer, an economist or an environmentalist or a combination. It's amazing really. AHHHHH this is just reminding me that I need to be fished. I keep checking my email every hour and NOTHING yet. FINGERS CROSSED. :biggrin:

Ahh i see that sounds cool. Isn't it the only UK course that does that? What did you apply for at other unis?
Reply 2855
Hi there! :smile: Yes, I read that in the letter - but I wonder if that still counts, seeing as a lot of people were fished by Magdalene last night (including one person who'd been pooled by Magdalene)?

Anyway, I hope you're right, and we both end up at Magdalene anyway :biggrin:

That is true, but there doesn't seem to be any pattern to it. I thought I only saw people being fished by Magdalene for PBS? Could easily be wrong. Good luck to you :smile:
Original post by JKA17
Ooh sorry, Magdalene, you?

Pembroke, and yh same no idea what I'd say :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2857
Original post by WJRA
I emailed about 3 hours ago and haven't received a response beyond an auto-response which said they won't email decisions to UK applicants. Apparently people have been getting results by phoning them though so I may try that later.

Aaah, tell me if you do! Good luck for all the Caiuneans out there.
Reply 2858
Pembroke, and yh same no idea what I'd say :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think if I rang it would go something like this:

"P...P...Please, TELL ME" and then I would cry.
Original post by anamzaman
YOU LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY FISH!!!!! Congratz! Fingers crossed for me still :smile:

:biggrin:ithey are
. Let me know when you hear?
I accidentally just begged repped you wahhhhhh sorry! :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending