The Student Room Group

Need gift ideas for a Friend With Benefits -

His birthday is coming up and I am stumped for ideas:frown:
We've only been seeing about a month and I'm not sure what kind of gifts are too 'relationshipfied'.
My budged is anything below £100.
Also what kind of gifts are acceptable for a friend with benefits if it's not their birthday and you just feel like making a friendly gesture?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Don't do it. I wouldn't buy any guy I'm just sexing a gift. He'd have to be boyfriend status for that to happen. Cut this guy loose. And if he's using you for easy sex, you can probably buy him whatever you want and he won't mind as long as the sex is still there and he doesn't have to commit to you.
Dance around in some lingerie ?

But on a serious note, why not just buy him something you would buy for a normal male friend.
Reply 3
I wouldn't buy anything, certainly not something in the tune on £100.

If you feel you have to celebrate his birthday, I'd just get him a card and a bottle of his favourite bevvy. It says 'I've bothered to get you something but im not taking it too seriously'.

Or if you're a bit more romantic, buy him something to eat.
Why not do something kinkier in the bedroom. Much much better gift and more appropriate to the relationship you are in.
Reply 5
Original post by atheistwithfaith
Why not do something kinkier in the bedroom. Much much better gift and more appropriate to the relationship you are in.

Agreed.

Physical gifts are for loving relationships, which you're not in. Do something interesting/different in the bedroom. I don't know what you currently do and what he's into, but letting him do whatever he wants with your body, total domination, would be a good birthday present for some guys. I'd certainly appreciate it. :wink:
I wish I had a friend with benefits with.
£100 on a FOB?? woah girl, slow down. just get him a card maximum... he is a sex buddy no strings attached, i mean i'm guessing you have feelings for him thanks to your willingness to buy extravagant things for him, you want him to like you. maybe you could get him something like a funny mug or something?
Reply 8
Original post by Snagprophet
I wish I had a friend with benefits with.

I wish I had a friend... :getmecoat:
Reply 9
This one's going to end in tears.
Original post by Bellissima
£100 on a FOB?? woah girl, slow down. just get him a card maximum... he is a sex buddy no strings attached, i mean i'm guessing you have feelings for him thanks to your willingness to buy extravagant things for him, you want him to like you. maybe you could get him something like a funny mug or something?

Yes i think something slightly comical may be appropriate so long as it doesn't seem overdone :smile:
Reply 11
as the above poster said - this will deffinitley end in tears. a fwb is someone you dont buy a gift. give him a very long bj or anal. mine gave me cracking birthday head all those months ago.
You don't get friends with benefits presents. Get him a card, maximum, or as others have suggested, do something kinky in the bedroom.

Don't get him anything else. Especially not anything near the £100 mark.

Oh, and DO NOT buy him cute little token gifts for when you 'see something and it made me think of you' - that is definitely relationship territory.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Lucia.
Don't do it. I wouldn't buy any guy I'm just sexing a gift. He'd have to be boyfriend status for that to happen. Cut this guy loose. And if he's using you for easy sex, you can probably buy him whatever you want and he won't mind as long as the sex is still there and he doesn't have to commit to you.

why even make a comment like this, you don't know anything about their situation. she could be extremely happy with him and he could be the nicest guy in the world just not ready for a relationship for all you know...
Sex toys?

Seriously though, if it's just a casual relationship then you shouldn't even think about spending £100.
More like £15
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Tabzqt
why even make a comment like this, you don't know anything about their situation. she could be extremely happy with him and he could be the nicest guy in the world just not ready for a relationship for all you know...

Just calling it as I see it.
thats a bit wierd thats what boyfriend and girlfriends do not **** buddies, I think he may freak out if you get him a present
let him put it in your arse

if you already do so, then I'm outta ideas :dontknow:
Reply 18
Original post by Romisa_lovesA7X
His birthday is coming up and I am stumped for ideas:frown:
We've only been seeing about a month and I'm not sure what kind of gifts are too 'relationshipfied'.
My budged is anything below £100.
Also what kind of gifts are acceptable for a friend with benefits if it's not their birthday and you just feel like making a friendly gesture?

"I'm pregnant"
Original post by Bellissima

Wait how do you know he's Fresh Off the Boat?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending