The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BethanyJane
Ohh no! Well you never know! Otherwise just smile and wave! :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Although I'm trying to work out where she'd get the list of successful applicants from, as we've not been in school and UCAS doesn't update... :holmes:

Anyway, I really hope you hear soon! Make sure you let us all know when you get fished :colone:
Original post by Lux-Aeterna
Well we go to the same school and we're both cambridge poolees so that means you qualify as a friend!

I'll be asking everyone tomorrow!
just looked at the offer holders chat.... :banghead:

Why did they have to tell us about the pool? Why not do it without us knowing, make the decision on a rejection or fished and then tell us.
Reply 2963
Just been given a call from Sidney Sussex for a medicine reinterview.

I suppose I should be happy for being given another chance, but I'm not sure how much more of this **** I can take. I've got 5 exams coming up all in quick succession, with perhaps a 'life-changing' interview (seeing as I've received no offers as of yet) sandwiched between the exams. Not to mention that this pooling has messed up with my revision.

Not sure what to think.
Original post by Jedicake
I'll be asking everyone tomorrow!

How did they contact you? I just got a unknown call and I'm a bit suspicious it was them. But nothing since..
Original post by Lux-Aeterna
How did they contact you? I just got a unknown call and I'm a bit suspicious it was them. But nothing since..

Email, short and sweet :smile:
Reply 2966
Has anybody been fished by caius here??
Reply 2967
Original post by jqian
Fellow CompSci poolee, if you've not read my earlier post about my friend getting fished for CompSci with 91.5 UMS average then you shouldn't give up! Of course I'm in the same boat as you, as frustrating as it is waiting and seeing people get fished for CompSci, there's always some hope, you don't know for sure if you've been rejected.

But most of the colleges that were going to fish already did so... :frown:
Original post by Kidioteque
Although I'm trying to work out where she'd get the list of successful applicants from, as we've not been in school and UCAS doesn't update... :holmes:

Anyway, I really hope you hear soon! Make sure you let us all know when you get fished :colone:

The letter that's sent to you is also automatically sent to your school, unless you specifically choose otherwise on UCAS.
Original post by annehogarth
you may still get one... there's still a couple of potential hours left! :smile: if not that sucks :frown:

Thanks, I'll keep hoping. Not sure how much more of this I can take thoughhhh

Original post by Xotol

I suppose I should be happy for being given another chance, but I'm not sure how much more of this **** I can take. I've got 5 exams coming up all in quick succession, with perhaps a 'life-changing' interview (seeing as I've received no offers as of yet) sandwiched between the exams. Not to mention that this pooling has messed up with my revision.

Not sure what to think.

I feel for you bro. Just remember that they've clearly seen something in you to want to reinterview you, so just give it your best shot. Good luck with it all.
Reply 2970
Does it matter where you were pooled from?
Also, do the offers just appear on track or do they call you or post a letter/send an email?
x

I hope you get fished soon :biggrin:

Original post by Xotol

Not sure what to think.

Just give it your best. It's a long tedious process but at least you've got a chance to show them that you deserve a place. When is it?

Best of luck with it and your exams :smile:
Original post by \/ibhav
The letter that's sent to you is also automatically sent to your school, unless you specifically choose otherwise on UCAS.

Right, so she clearly just misread my pool letter as an offer letter :s-smilie:

Original post by \/ibhav

That's right, although Cambridge continues to do it much longer after UCAS. Every year after my Cambridge exams Emmanuel copies whatever letter it sends me regarding results to my old school without me even giving them permission to :s-smilie:
Just received my decision email from St. Catz. I've been pooled (applied for law btw).

Could anyone fill me in on exactly how this system works? Please and thank you! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chickenonsteroids
I hope you get fished soon :biggrin:

Was literally just about to write a message to you - really sorry to hear of your rejection, but at least King's told you early on instead of prolonging the trauma. Where's your second choice? You're gonna do unbelievably well no matter where you go, it's Cambridge's loss!
Original post by AlexandraSophia
Just received my decision email from St. Catz. I've been pooled (applied for law btw).

Could anyone fill me in on exactly how this system works? Please and thank you! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Long story short, you sit around waiting for a phonecall or email saying that you've been given an offer ('fished from the pool' as many say), asked for another interview, or not given a place.

The OP is extremely helpful so I recommend reading it a few times.
Original post by Xotol

Not sure what to think.

It's inconvenient for sure, but you might as well give it a shot. It'd be a shame to pass as you've come so close. And I'm sure there are a lot of medics on this thread who would kill for an interview, so it would be a bit ungrateful if you didn't go.

When did you hear?
Original post by ukdragon37
That's right, although Cambridge continues to do it much longer after UCAS. Every year after my Cambridge exams Emmanuel copies whatever letter it sends me regarding results to my old school without me even giving them permission to :s-smilie:

Right...so my Head clearly cannot read a letter, and as a result I will have some awkward encounters at school tomorrow :s-smilie:
Reply 2979
Original post by willwba
YEEES ME! going mad here haha :eek: . where did you apply? i went for Catz and got pooled god darn it!

I also got pooled by Catz for geog!! Was it just me or did you find Dr Scales terrifying?

Latest

Trending

Trending