The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3020
I'm losing the will work...
Original post by amg_22
i now have an interview at Peterhouse for economics as well as Selywn. what does this mean? if its because i am a 'good' applicant wouldn't they just give me an offer? or is it that they are interviewing 4/5 for a place?

It can perhaps indicate widely diverging scores in your interviews at your preference college, so they might want to give you a second chance to prove yourself :smile:
Original post by Mathinpool
I know that as well. But apparently Churchill gives 13 maths offers to poolies last year, and I supposed it contacted all of them at about 12:30 today. If that applies all the other 6 as well, not much places left...

If you missed out, which I really hope you don't, would you go elsewhere or reapply next year?
Original post by aakd
Congratulations!! I'm sure you'll get in

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Thank you :smile: Well, I'm not, but Magdelene looks like a lovely college, and getting this far is at least giving me something to work for in the January exams :biggrin:
Reply 3024
Original post by The Polymath
I got offered an interview too. It just means there is a reason for them wanting to see more of you before giving an offer. The fact that two colleges made your interview offers is a good sign - they'll be fighting over you if they want to give you a place each (although I don't that's fair - you should be able to choose which one you go to)

honestly i don't mind as long as it is a offer haha! the bad thing is that if i don't get an offer after this HUGE opportunity i will literally become depressed
Reply 3025
What time do you think they'll stop handing out offers for tonight?
Original post by \/ibhav
If you missed out, which I really hope you don't, would you go elsewhere or reapply next year?

Got offers from Princeton and Imperial College London.
Probably won'y have the time and effort to reapply.
Is my chance really slim now:frown:
Original post by amg_22
honestly i don't mind as long as it is a offer haha! the bad thing is that if i don't get an offer after this HUGE opportunity i will literally become depressed

True.

Although, imagine if Trinity and Homerton wanted to both give you offers. Instead of flipping a coin (which they actually do!) they should both call you up with offers and leave you to choose which one you want, no?
I have been watching this thread for a few days now as my son has a friend who has been pooled for a place at
at another college .
I am a mum hence my user name whose daughter was in a similar situation two years ago. Applied to Oxford had the interview then the rejection letter just before Christmas.
Well Christmas was very flat that year for us but she picked herself up and got on with her revision. It helped as at the time she had an offer from Durham.
Well she is at Durham now and in having a great time. Lovely college system like Oxford and Cambridge and is realy enjoying her course,friends, town the lot.
So life does not stop because you do not get Oxford or Cambridge . Durham is a great place and those with offers will love it there. No doubt many of you will have other offers at equally great Unis.
So Chin up, good luck with your A levels and enjoy whatever great Uni you all go to .
Original post by Tanmayee
You applied to queens as well didn't you? Is it just me or does your letter say you can hear from them about another interview between 5th and 10th? (whereas everyone on here is saying between 5th and 7th)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

yeahh i applied to queens' and i don't know i thought it said like everyone else that interviews just started on the 10th nothing else? i haven't got my letter with me at the moment but i'll look as soon as i can :smile: there may still be some hope!!
Got offers from Princeton and Imperial College London.
Probably won'y have the time and effort to reapply.
Is my chance really slim now:frown:

Considering that I'm in the same position as you, I really hope not.
Reply 3031
why does my latter say that I can be informed about interview between 5 and 10 of January? Trinity Hall why are you trying to break me down mentally:mad: :mad: :mad:
Original post by \/ibhav
Considering that I'm in the same position as you, I really hope not.

I am starting to be tempted to email Trinity College...
Colleges like S.Sussex Trinity Hall Queen's Clare may have not started yet..
All we can do is just wait until certified...
How many questions did you do on the quiz? I did 5 beforehand and got them all right, and went through 2 more.
Reply 3033
Original post by Bulbasaur
Good luck! Rooting for you guys XD

Thanks dude :smile: i dont know about the other geogo peeps, but i'm kinda getting tired of the wait. starting to wonder if its worth all the stress haha! good luck to you too!
Reply 3034
Historians- what's new? Still afloat?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am starting to be tempted to email Trinity College...
Colleges like S.Sussex Trinity Hall Queen's Clare may have not started yet..
All we can do is just wait until certified...
How many questions did you do on the quiz? I did 5 beforehand and got them all right, and went through 2 more.

I only did 4 before hand and then 1 more in the interview, now you just made me really nervous.
A silly question, but do you think there is still a chance of being caught as an applicant for Linguistics, originally applying to Homerton?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alexxnott
Got pooled by Emma, and at 4.20pm on Saturday I had an e-mail with a direct offer from Selwyn, very happy! (For Human, Social and Political Sciences)

Best of luck to everyone xx

Well done! I got pooled from Downing for HSPS, still desperately hoping for an offer (so perhaps a teensy bit jealous! :wink: )
I do hope so much that a College like Sidney has an offer for me, but just is really slow off the mark!
Original post by ojg12
Historians- what's new? Still afloat?

Posted from TSR Mobile

just about! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending