The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 680
Original post by Viceroy

Seems like I applied to the right college. :biggrin: I did recently come across something on the website about a £9000 prize for one new first year mathmo, which sounds amazing for whoever gets it!
Reply 681
Original post by und
Seems like I applied to the right college. :biggrin: I did recently come across something on the website about a £9000 prize for one new first year mathmo, which sounds amazing for whoever gets it!

Yes, John's is great! I, too, read something about a very steep maths prize, but John's has a great history of excellence in maths (as does the university more generally, of course!), so it's only fitting, I guess.

Good luck at John's! I'm sure you'll really love it; it's a great college.
Reply 682
Original post by Confabulation
Let's hope its no higher than the standard offer...it shouldn't be as its not maths based right... :s-smilie:

I found out mine today and its standard A*AA so I'm sure yours will be the same :smile:
Reply 683
Original post by ukdragon37
Not only is it going to be your student card photo, it'll be the photo used for your student file which all supervisors and staff identify you by :wink: So it's going to be quite widely-viewed.

I can testify to this. I look so little like I do on my student card that I can't actually use it as ID. Hmm.

Also, random observation: it seems as though lots of your offers are really high! I saw quite a few offers with 2 A*s and some with 3! :eek:
Reply 684
Original post by Jedicake
I'm not sure yet, they said they'd update UCAS with the offer in time - I got fished y'see :biggrin:

What option will you be doing it with - natural sciences I guess? I'll be doing psychology, bit of an interesting mix haha

Yeah that is an interesting mix, do they offer it because it's useful for human interaction with computers? I'm doing it with Physics myself. Glad to see they are taking people out of the pool - I know another guy I met from the interviews who got pooled so fingers crossed for him too! Where did you originally apply?
Reply 685
Original post by A Light Lilt
OH MY GOD I CAN POST IN THIS THREAAD!!! :biggrin:

lol im sure they made a mistake because im rubbish but anyway;

physnatsci at john's!!!! Well done to you all :biggrin:

well done im physnatsci at caius :smile:, have you joined the facebook page??
Reply 686
Original post by Ascent
Yeah that is an interesting mix, do they offer it because it's useful for human interaction with computers? I'm doing it with Physics myself. Glad to see they are taking people out of the pool - I know another guy I met from the interviews who got pooled so fingers crossed for him too! Where did you originally apply?

Yep I'd guess it's a HCI thing. Subliminal messaging I imagine - buy a raspberry pi - nope no-one here... We had a really interesting HCI taster lecture when I visited Bath. Having said that I don't think the psychology course touches on computers in the slightest - but studying the mind is pretty cool!

I originally applied to Jesus but let's face it, Cambridge is Cambridge!
Looking at this thread is so so horrible, back to the pool thread where everyone is getting real desperate now!
Reply 688
You UK people seem so relaxed. I'm the first one in my school, probably in the whole region (I live in the remote parts of Denmark - really ****ty place) to get even close to an offer from Cambridge. And the highest score my school has had is like 36 (IB) xD Even though I'm predicted around 44, I'm genuinely worried about getting 40 :P
(edited 11 years ago)
Not only is it going to be your student card photo, it'll be the photo used for your student file which all supervisors and staff identify you by :wink: So it's going to be quite widely-viewed.

Noooooooooo :eek: lol
Original post by johnttam
well done im physnatsci at caius :smile:, have you joined the facebook page??

Awesome :smile:

nope, could you tell me the name of the group or link me please?
Im a bit worried about getting the A* in physics/ Chemistry due to the pracs and high Boundaries, but determined to give it my best shot!
Reply 692
Im a bit worried about getting the A* in physics/ Chemistry due to the pracs and high Boundaries, but determined to give it my best shot!

Me too! i think the fb group is private or something? I sent you a pm
Reply 693
Original post by Elizabeth1995
Any other Pems out there? got my English offer yesterday.

I'm a Pem :biggrin: HSPS unconditional as gap year student. BUZZING.

I got A*/A in maths and F.maths in any order and A*/A in Physics and Chemistry in any order from John's, and I remember they promised us a typical offer of A*AA but we are all getting A*A*AA offers!! A friend of mine who got a place to do MML at Downing did not meet her offer and Downing offered her a deal that if she can show them a bank statement of enough savings for all the living costs and tuitions fees in the next three years, then she can still read at Downing. She's a foreign student so it was a lot of money for her. And it was a shock to me that Cambridge did this...

Anyway it's great to see that you got in as well!!!!congradulations!!!!!!!! See you in October!!!!
OH MY GOD I CAN POST IN THIS THREAAD!!! :biggrin:

lol im sure they made a mistake because im rubbish but anyway;

physnatsci at john's!!!! Well done to you all :biggrin:

Ohhhh yes. :colone: What's the conditions? :biggrin:
MML-er at Murray Edwards here! I don't know the conditions yet because I was fished, but I'm hoping they won't be too scary!

Is anyone else... *ahem*... considering turning down their offer in favour of firming somewhere else? :/
Reply 697

YEAH! Thankfully I chose one of the best passport photos I have :biggrin: (still bad but hey, better than some I've taken in the past)
Reply 698
Original post by BibbyDuck
So that makes three of us then :biggrin: now to find the other Caius medics :smile:

Hello hello, I am a caius medic too, yay :biggrin: I am so excited! Only 22 more to find :wink:
Yes m411, it is a little annoying. Hopefully I'll see you there :wink:
Original post by Oromis263
Ohhhh yes. :colone: What's the conditions? :biggrin:

:colone: indeed

A*A in M, FM and A*A in Chemistry, Phys. (In any order). Which is decent I think.

Still can't believe it lol. I'm still considering STEP I just because FM is boring... But that A* is my priority.

Latest

Trending

Trending