The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know

1. If i haven't recieved an email from Cambridge by today does that mean i definetly dont have an interview? Or whats the lastest they can ask you for interview?

Got pooled from trinity for history of art, and i have a booked flight on the 9th and need to know as soon as possible to change it!

Any help would be appreciated! xxx
Original post by lambo123
Was today the final day for offers? Do you think now it will become less common?

there's always mail right? that can only start arriving tomorrow
My daughter was pooled by Pembroke for engineering. She got a call yesterday from Murray Edwards calling her for an interview, which was fantastic. They also said that another college wanted to interview her and confirmed this by email. Whilst this was all welcome news she has yet to hear from the second college. Is it possible they have either changed their mind or that Murray Edwards is mistaken? Should we contact CAO if we don't hear anything tomorrow?

Good luck to everyone still swimming, I really really sympathise with you all. The process is painful but, I guess, necessary!!
Brace yourselves-winter pool.jpg
Original post by lambo123
Was today the final day for offers? Do you think now it will become less common?

No, as I've already mentioned to you before you can receive an offer until the 14th/15th, take a deep breath and try and relax, there is more :reel: to come...
Reply 3085
Original post by iCiaran
Not SM he was too nice :tongue:

If he was then he would have put me out of this misery on Friday...
Original post by amg_22
i now have an interview at Peterhouse for economics as well as Selywn. what does this mean? if its because i am a 'good' applicant wouldn't they just give me an offer? or is it that they are interviewing 4/5 for a place?

congrats man! who knows why? do you mind sharing what your ums is etc. I am still waiting but not sure if I have chance. :confused:
Original post by andy399
Any philosophers heard anything yet? This is so nervewracking...

Yep here and completely drained. I just want news I (almost) don't care what the outcome is , but this feels like an awfully sadistic torture. Where were you pooled from
Seen this a couple of times:

I missed a phonecall from an unknown number/a Cambridge number, and now can't get in touch.

Do not worry! It's not a game of "whoever answers the phone first gets the offer". The offers have already been chosen, and letters sent to the respective candidates, the phone call is just used to put you out of your misery. It is possible that your original college is phoning you to inform you that your application was not successful in the pool, but don't despair.
Original post by Kidioteque
I sure hope so! Perhaps they will, as for many colleges this is the last day of contacting candidates with interview invites. :redface:

Ok let's see.........What's the latest time someone has contacted you with a response? Anyone? :smile:
Heyy, right basically I've got an interview at Murray Edwards for BioNatsci... just wondering...

In what way will the interview be different? Any one know anything about it or know people who have had it there before...? My first one was at Queens' and was basically all first year biology (which was annoying as I'm post A level, and they didn't ask anything on my statement!) will i need to revise AGAIN? or do you reckon it will be more general as they think youre of 'cambridge standard' ?

And also! what are my chances now that I have been pooled of actually getting an offer? Do you reckon Murrays pool many people?

Thanks!
Reply 3091
Original post by Tanmayee
What did you apply for?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

MML - what about you?
Original post by Rhiannonymous
Ah I went for Murray Edwards :smile: Getting pooled from Queens' is a massive achievement in itself, well done! :biggrin: How were the interviews?

why is getting pooled from queens' particularly a massive achievement? that's where i applied, i just though a pool was a pool haha?
Original post by sarah-madeline
Heyy, right basically I've got an interview at Murray Edwards for BioNatsci... just wondering...

In what way will the interview be different? Any one know anything about it or know people who have had it there before...? My first one was at Queens' and was basically all first year biology (which was annoying as I'm post A level, and they didn't ask anything on my statement!) will i need to revise AGAIN? or do you reckon it will be more general as they think youre of 'cambridge standard' ?

And also! what are my chances now that I have been pooled of actually getting an offer? Do you reckon Murrays pool many people?

Thanks!

Hi Congratulations!! I got pooled from Murray Edwards for Phys NatSci. Generally, how it went for me, they usually are quite nice and slightly informal (I got a room in an office with comfy sofas!) but they will push you as far as you can manage without causing too much stress. I would revise....but not too hard. They test you more on your skills and your ability to adjust to knew ideas. Also don't expect more than 2 or 3 challenging questions.

As for getting accepted, Murray Edwards is one of the biggest poolee-accepting colleges in Cambridge :smile:

Best of luck!!
Reply 3094
Got pooled by Pembroke for Theology wondering if anyone's been fished for TRS yet??
Original post by bealey101
why is getting pooled from queens' particularly a massive achievement? that's where i applied, i just though a pool was a pool haha?

It was probably just trying to give me extra hope! :P
Original post by bealey101

I just assumed because I thought Queens' is a particularly competitive college to get into? Please correct me if I'm wrong :P
Original post by Rose~
He asked me that too!! Had no idea what to say so I started talking about Tesco and he seemed to expect me to understand so much about how it worked D: Yeah I hate the waiting, at least not being contacted yet means we don't have to go through the whole interview process again! :smile:

I don't do geography but could you not say that shoppers are like people migrating from the EU, any £s spent is there contribution to society if they come to work and the goods purchased is money sent home? As I said working of geography GCSE but just curious if this could be near correct...
Original post by Rhiannonymous
I just assumed because I thought Queens' is a particularly competitive college to get into? Please correct me if I'm wrong :P

I reckon if a applicant didn't have a autopooling requirement then it would be harder to get pooled by Queens'
Original post by Chrisgame
It was probably just trying to give me extra hope! :P

it definitely cheered me up a little :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending