The Student Room Group

Country Descriptions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cheese_Monster
Aye, but is there anywhere I can find the info quickly?
Records for reps aside from Secretary General/Deputy SG have never been kept. I'm happy to assist this project to provide a historical resource, but the only way to find these out is to search back through all the old welcome threads to find out when people came and went.
Original post by RoryS
FYI
Dedicated wiki pages will be up by Tuesday, just so you know.
Original post by Birchington
Records for reps aside from Secretary General/Deputy SG have never been kept. I'm happy to assist this project to provide a historical resource, but the only way to find these out is to search back through all the old welcome threads to find out when people came and went.

Ah yeah, the welcome threads! I'll trawl through as many as I can but I should really stop putting off packing to come up with another wacky time consuming idea for the MUN haha.
Ah yeah, the welcome threads! I'll trawl through as many as I can but I should really stop putting off packing to come up with another wacky time consuming idea for the MUN haha.
Don't delay your packing for the MUN! Super dedication :wink:
Don't delay your packing for the MUN! Super dedication :wink:

I know right? :tongue: I think tomorrow, well when I wake up, it'll be Australia day, i'll be back on here in the late evening!
I know right? :tongue: I think tomorrow, well when I wake up, it'll be Australia day, i'll be back on here in the late evening!

Tomorrow is not Australia Day, Australia Day is on the 26th of Jan every year... today (7th) is Christmas though (in Russia at least :tongue:).
Original post by tehFrance
Tomorrow is not Australia Day, Australia Day is on the 26th of Jan every year... today (7th) is Christmas though (in Russia at least :tongue:).

You misunderstand, I meant to say, it will be Australia day in the context that I will actually do something related to me preparing to go to Australia tomorrow, seeing as i've put it off for the last week :wink:
Reply 67
Whatever the case, there are going to be nations without descriptions, we're going to have to rely on volunteers to write other vacant seat descriptions, or alternatively, to write the descriptions of seats that are filled, but the representatives are unwilling to write up a description.

Using Toronto and Birchington's wiki powers will be the next step, and keeping them on a google file for the time being will suffice. As for me disappearing off the face of the Earth, my first week is in Sydney with free internet access, so i'll still be around as active as I am now for a little while longer :tongue:

I'm currently writing the descriptions for India, Fiji and Azerbaijan!

Yeah that's what I was thinking. As soon as I can find the time, I'll do some descriptions for currently missing reps and countries without reps. Please do keep an up to date record of these on the Spreadsheet!

Yeah I'm sure it will - oh that's good. Keep up with all the hard work your doing and keep going with the writing of the descriptions, I know it's a massively boring job, but once it's done, it's done. We won't have to update things for quite some time. :smile:

You deserve some sort of reward or something once this is all finished, I hope someone has nominated you for an MUN award! :biggrin:

Dedicated wiki pages will be up by Tuesday, just so you know.

Oh okay great. We'll need to work out a way of getting all the Nation Descriptions to you - all the ones I currently have are stored in a folder of PMs. Any thoughts?

I'm sending out another PM tonight about these Descriptions so I'll ask for Reps to have this as one of their priorities for the next few days.
Original post by RoryS
Yeah that's what I was thinking. As soon as I can find the time, I'll do some descriptions for currently missing reps and countries without reps. Please do keep an up to date record of these on the Spreadsheet!

Yeah I'm sure it will - oh that's good. Keep up with all the hard work your doing and keep going with the writing of the descriptions, I know it's a massively boring job, but once it's done, it's done. We won't have to update things for quite some time. :smile:

You deserve some sort of reward or something once this is all finished, I hope someone has nominated you for an MUN award! :biggrin:

I will keep the spreadsheet updated for you, i'll tell you when I have done so :smile:

Its not that boring, I like learning new things about different countries hence why my choices of additions were so eclectic. I'm trying to pick nations people are less likely to go for as new members and make them quirky and refreshing :smile:

Ah don't worry about it, its all grafting to make this place a more fun and active place to contribute to.
Reply 69
I will keep the spreadsheet updated for you, i'll tell you when I have done so :smile:

Its not that boring, I like learning new things about different countries hence why my choices of additions were so eclectic. I'm trying to pick nations people are less likely to go for as new members and make them quirky and refreshing :smile:

Ah don't worry about it, its all grafting to make this place a more fun and active place to contribute to.

Thanks, that's really useful! :smile:

Oh okay, that's an interesting take on it. Good for you :wink:

I agree, grafting will eventually make the MUN THE place to be :tongue:
Reply 70
Okay, ridiculous question I know, but what format are we supposed to send it in? The pedant in me is wondering whether I should just drop the country description in a PM or use Word.
Reply 71
Original post by Flowerii
Okay, ridiculous question I know, but what format are we supposed to send it in? The pedant in me is wondering whether I should just drop the country description in a PM or use Word.

Hey Flowerii

Not a ridiculous question at all, thanks for asking it. :wink:

Please could you format your description using the TSR formatting? eg BB Codes etc etc

These will eventually be going on a TSR Wiki page once all these are gathered and completed which will use the same formatting as forum posts and private messages.
Original post by RoryS
Thanks, that's really useful! :smile:

Oh okay, that's an interesting take on it. Good for you :wink:

I agree, grafting will eventually make the MUN THE place to be :tongue:

Really my goal was to make this place more active and desirable than the MHOC, which to be honest, I find incredibly tedious.
Reply 73
Really my goal was to make this place more active and desirable than the MHOC, which to be honest, I find incredibly tedious.

Tedious, but worthwhile :smile:
Original post by RoryS
Tedious, but worthwhile :smile:

The MUN is sure. I don't find the MHOC worthwhile :tongue:
The profiles are slowly taking shape here. It's a bit of a slow process getting them up as the wiki formatting is completely different to that in the forums.

Thanks to everyone that has sent us their profiles - in future, just send them unformatted (eg. no bold/colour) as it's easier to input them into the wiki that way.
I'll get mine done asap. I have exams currently, and to do mine I'll need to do some research so you'll have it within the next week or two if that's alright?
The profiles are slowly taking shape here. It's a bit of a slow process getting them up as the wiki formatting is completely different to that in the forums.

Thanks to everyone that has sent us their profiles - in future, just send them unformatted (eg. no bold/colour) as it's easier to input them into the wiki that way.

Roger that.
Original post by Miracle Day
I'll get mine done asap. I have exams currently, and to do mine I'll need to do some research so you'll have it within the next week or two if that's alright?
There's no time limit so no pressure to get them done straight away. Good luck with your exams!
To supplement what Birchington has already said, this is meant to be a voluntary activity. If you have exams et al, please prioritise them and make sure you do the best you possibly can there, there descriptions will still be here to be made in a few weeks time!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending