The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3180
[video="youtube;G_miGclPFGs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_miGclPFGs[/video]

Guys... Send this video to Cambridge
I really want to stop checking my inbox and phone every 5 minutes, but I have the feeling if I'll hear anything, it'll be the moment I turn away.

Do they leave voicemail?
Hi guys, have to admit to have been lurking here ever since the thread began - ie, have literally read each and every one of the 160 pages... Thought it was only fair I shared my situation with you all, seeing as I've been creeping on what you've all been going through!

I've been pooled from Eng Lit by Pembroke (kicking myself for applying to such a competitive college for such a competitive course), havent heard anything since my letter on Thursday. Fingers crossed, but not too hopefully as my interviews felt incredibly average.

Congrats to everyone who've been fished, especially my fellow English candidates (although, have to admit to being very jealous of your offers!)

Best of Luck to You all!!!! xxxx
Reply 3183
I checked the 2012 thread and a couple of people seemed to get offers by email at midnight or so they said...
Reply 3184
I also applied to pembroke but for PBS and slightly regretting applying to such a competitive college but pembroke is so nice! What day did u have your interview- i may have met you?
Reply 3185
Original post by justkeepswimming
Hi guys, have to admit to have been lurking here ever since the thread began - ie, have literally read each and every one of the 160 pages... Thought it was only fair I shared my situation with you all, seeing as I've been creeping on what you've all been going through!

I've been pooled from Eng Lit by Pembroke (kicking myself for applying to such a competitive college for such a competitive course), havent heard anything since my letter on Thursday. Fingers crossed, but not too hopefully as my interviews felt incredibly average.

Congrats to everyone who've been fished, especially my fellow English candidates (although, have to admit to being very jealous of your offers!)

Best of Luck to You all!!!! xxxx

also applied to pembroke but for PBS and slightly regretting applying to such a competitive college but pembroke is so nice! What day did u have your interview- i may have met you?
Reply 3186
Swimming is so tiring I don't think I can do a third sleepless night :frown:
Reply 3187
Original post by annehogarth
what for?? and congratz :biggrin:

It's for maths and thanks :smile:
Pooled by Pembroke for Engineering, but only just heard this morning I have an offer from Trinity Hall... bit relieved, only swimming for three days! Keep at it people!
Reply 3189
Original post by •Ball•So•Hard•
That's brought my mood up! Thanks man! Do you mean 31 interviews on the last day of last year though? :s-smilie:

31 interviews have already been arranged this year, last year there was only 26 (and from 3rd day there was no calls/e-mails about interviewing people which strongly suggest that today was the last day of re-interviews, now only direct offers)
Original post by ET2
also applied to pembroke but for PBS and slightly regretting applying to such a competitive college but pembroke is so nice! What day did u have your interview- i may have met you?

I was there on Wednesday 5th - although I don't think I spoke to anyone other than English applicants? (Guilty of being quite anti-social on interview day... :/)
I'm really struggling now.

Phonecall at 6pm...withheld number...english speaking female voice...

COLD CALL FFS!!!!
Original post by jh.
Bear in mind that some more of those offers at the last day will be people who've had interviews though..

Ahhh that's true, I guess.... :/
Reply 3193
Original post by Brighter_Star
Hi all! I finally received my decision just now: pooled for English at Magdalene. As my letter still wasn't in the post this morning (I live in the EU) I decided to get in touch with them, and just received my pooling letter through email.

I'm rather devastated, seeing as the only college that could offer me a place now is a mature college (and I'm not very keen on going there, seeing as I'm only barely 'mature' and didn't like any of them on the open day) - but I guess I'm in no position to complain!

Good luck to all you other lovely fish, and congratulations to everyone who managed to escape this nasty pool! :smile:
Why do you say that? Colleges have by no means finished contacting everyone who has been fished. Just because some people have heard from specific colleges does not mean no-one else will.
Reply 3194
YOU GUYS LISTEN, THE PRESSURE AND INTENSE DON'T COME FROM THE COLLEGES BUT FROM US AND THIS FORUM.

Basically if we don't know who got fished, which colleges have sent out offers, we would still feel the same as before the 3rd Jan but now everytime someone told us they got fished we felt like we had no chance and we freaked out. And we just checked this thread and emails so obsessively and then we compare us to other people and feel more crappy.

All the decisions have been finalized so if its meant to come it will! There is nothing we can do right now. Knowledge is pain. Don't blame Cambridge, blame us. Why do we have to know all of this? What's the point of calculating all the chances? If we get in, we get in. If we don't we don't. Now I bet some of us even want this for the wrong reason! We should focus on our exams instead; otherwise we wouldn't even be able to go to other choice universities, which are very good as well!

You guys are all top students. Stop torturing yourself. We are better than this!

Today I didnt check this thread much and i was very calm but the moment i knew somone got fished i was so depressed. But it doesnt change the fact they have decided to choose me or not! Now get off this and enjoy your wonderful life!!

Much love, guys!
Original post by honggau
YOU GUYS LISTEN, THE PRESSURE AND INTENSE DON'T COME FROM THE COLLEGES BUT FROM US AND THIS FORUM.

Basically if we don't know who got fished, which colleges have sent out offers, we would still feel the same as before the 3rd Jan but now everytime someone told us they got fished we felt like we had no chance and we freaked out. And we just checked this thread and emails so obsessively and then we compare us to other people and feel more crappy.

All the decisions have been finalized so if its meant to come it will! There is nothing we can do right now. Knowledge is pain. Don't blame Cambridge, blame us. Why do we have to know all of this? What's the point of calculating all the chances? If we get in, we get in. If we don't we don't. Now I bet some of us even want this for the wrong reason! We should focus on our exams instead; otherwise we wouldn't even be able to go to other choice universities, which are very good as well!

You guys are all top students. Stop torturing yourself. We are better than this!

Today I didnt check this thread much and i was very calm but the moment i knew somone got fished i was so depressed. But it doesnt change the fact they have decided to choose me or not! Now get off this and enjoy your wonderful life!!

Much love, guys!

Completely agree!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm no medic(al applicant) but I'd imagine this is what dying from a VERY slow-acting poison feels like...?
Reply 3197
I thought that my situation in this damn pool was bad...and then I realised that i'm not participating in the #cutforbieber trend. No matter how tough things get for us, we still have our dignity and intelligence.
Reply 3198
Four calls today to the landline:
Father - asking if I'd heard.
Grandfather - asking if I'd heard.
Official sounding Lady "Hello, is ... there?" - cold call.
Cold Call.

I'm not sure my adrenal gland has much more to give...
Reply 3199
Original post by honggau
x

I agree, although my exams aren't that important at the moment... whatever happens, I can afford to fail them.

Latest

Trending

Trending