The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Having the away seat so high up does allow for classic moments like Jose with Inter against Barca.
Just wondering (I know this is old)

But how does fergie play rafael when he puts him in CM?
Original post by jam277
Just wondering (I know this is old)

But how does fergie play rafael when he puts him in CM?

On the right of a midfield three usually
Original post by Kenan and Kel
On the right of a midfield three usually

I know that, I mean his actual role, I don't know what he's actually doing there?
Original post by jam277
I know that, I mean his actual role, I don't know what he's actually doing there?

No one knows.
Reply 425
Reply 426
Original post by jam277
Wtaf :facepalm:. Casillas would never leave madrid. De gea wouldn't go from atletico to madrid regardless, the transfers just don't happen and if it did would take a long time for de gea to not play for madrid. More likely mourinho would get sacked.

More likely that you'd do a swap deal for joe hart/reina than this happening.

:confused: So your telling me its more likely for United to buy Hart (from City our main rivals and a team that has no need of money and a player that does not want to leave) than De Gea going to Real Madrid. Didn't Falcao's dad say that he wants to go R Madrid, and thats directly from A Madrid to Real.
Original post by Zürich
Not a great allocation for a 90,000 stadium is it?

The ground holds 84,000 and UEFA rules specify 5% of capacity which would be 4,200 so were not far off the full allocation. There'll be a couple thousand at least travelling without tickets I reckon, similar to Amsterdam last season.

Original post by Kenan and Kel
I think it's decent for a European game. The worst thing about it is where the seats are allocated for away supporters, 4th (highest) tier, in a corner.

We have the 3rd and 4th tiers, I've applied for the lower in the hope of having a better view!

United give away fans way better seats than other top European clubs!!
Original post by IanDangerously
Any OneUnited members fancying the trip to Madrid, the club are now accepting applications at manutd.com or on 0161 868 8000. We have received 3,800 tickets for this fixture priced at £62.50, £70.50 and £157.

Do you have any idea when the general public will be allow to buy tickets?
Reply 429
Original post by IanLim93

The won't.
Original post by rohitbd
:confused: So your telling me its more likely for United to buy Hart (from City our main rivals and a team that has no need of money and a player that does not want to leave) than De Gea going to Real Madrid. Didn't Falcao's dad say that he wants to go R Madrid, and thats directly from A Madrid to Real.

I also remember mourinho saying that real madrid and atletico madrid respect the other teams players and don't buy their players so it's never going to happen :rolleyes:

Basically I'm saying it's not going to happen and if it does I'll down a pint of vodka. Also do you have money for ronaldo, or casillas? You'll be paying a ridiculous amount for either of them.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 431
Original post by jam277
I also remember mourinho saying that real madrid and atletico madrid respect the other teams players and don't buy their players so it's never going to happen :rolleyes:

Basically I'm saying it's not going to happen and if it does I'll down a pint of vodka. Also do you have money for ronaldo, or casillas? You'll be paying a ridiculous amount for either of them.

We have the money, we haven't really spent much of the 80mil we got from Ronaldo, yes we spent 30-50mil every season after but thats was paid easily by the huge revenue the club creates, I don't think Fergie would pay big bucks for Casillas, but if Ronaldo shows a desire to come back SAF would definitely buy him back just because of the relationship between them, plus luring Ronaldo back would smash our shirt sales. The relationship between Ronaldo and United is kind of similar to the relationship between Henry and Arsenal, but Ronaldo left much younger as he achieved everything he could and got bored of England much younger than Henry, but like Henry he might be realising that life in Spain isn't as glamorous as it seems.
Original post by rohitbd
We have the money, we haven't really spent much of the 80mil we got from Ronaldo, yes we spent 30-50mil every season after but thats was paid easily by the huge revenue the club creates, I don't think Fergie would pay big bucks for Casillas, but if Ronaldo shows a desire to come back SAF would definitely buy him back just because of the relationship between them, plus luring Ronaldo back would smash our shirt sales. The relationship between Ronaldo and United is kind of similar to the relationship between Henry and Arsenal, but Ronaldo left much younger as he achieved everything he could and got bored of England much younger than Henry, but like Henry he might be realising that life in Spain isn't as glamorous as it seems.

Yeah, maybe he could come. But de gea going the other way is nonsense to be frank.
I can see a return especially since I doubt he's going to renew his contract, you'll probably end up with a 30 year old ronaldo at old trafford for around 30-40 million.
Reply 433
Casillas picked Ramos ahead of Ronaldo in Ballon D'or nomination :colone: this means if Jose goes and Casillas stays I don't think Ronaldo will want to stay at Madrid, Ronaldo should look at his former team mate Fletcher nominating him for the top spot. This could be an interesting summer guys :biggrin: I wasn't up to the idea of Ronaldo coming back because I didn't see it happening and didn't want to get my hopes up but that nomination from Casillas will anger Ronaldo and I can see it happening.
Original post by IanLim93

They won't be a chance in hell of the general public being able to buy a ticket unless it's outside the ground on the day of the game.

Original post by rohitbd
Casillas picked Ramos ahead of Ronaldo in Ballon D'or nomination :colone: this means if Jose goes and Casillas stays I don't think Ronaldo will want to stay at Madrid, Ronaldo should look at his former team mate Fletcher nominating him for the top spot. This could be an interesting summer guys :biggrin: I wasn't up to the idea of Ronaldo coming back because I didn't see it happening and didn't want to get my hopes up but that nomination from Casillas will anger Ronaldo and I can see it happening.

I think you're looking too much into it to be honest.
Reply 435
Original post by SirMasterKey
They won't be a chance in hell of the general public being able to buy a ticket unless it's outside the ground on the day of the game.

I think you're looking too much into it to be honest.

Maybe but I don't see ronaldo forgetting it, definitely shows that the divide isn't just between Jose and casillas and shows that casillas doesn't really like/support ronaldo the way ronaldo would loke

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 436
Sky Italia saying PSV have recieved (accepted?) €22m bid for Strootman from unnamed English club

Us, Arsenal and Liverpool ones to all be linked with him . Assuming both those links are true and so is this report (which is a stretch at best), i would love for him to come here
(edited 11 years ago)
The Telegraph reporting SAF is after Lampard in the summer, on a free.

I wouldn't be averse to it as he is 34, still got the ability and energy to perform for at least two years before he could end his career in the MLS. There is a possibility that Scholes may retire at the end of the season and even if he doesn't, Lampard could come and give us a chance to send Powell out on loan to a PL club. The season after, Scholes retires and Lampard plays a more quieter role with Powell/Cleverley hopefully more regulars in the side.

I never expected us to go for RVP, so wouldn't put it past SAF to go after a free Lampard.
Original post by Aky786UK
The Telegraph reporting SAF is after Lampard in the summer, on a free.

I wouldn't be averse to it as he is 34, still got the ability and energy to perform for at least two years before he could end his career in the MLS. There is a possibility that Scholes may retire at the end of the season and even if he doesn't, Lampard could come and give us a chance to send Powell out on loan to a PL club. The season after, Scholes retires and Lampard plays a more quieter role with Powell/Cleverley hopefully more regulars in the side.

I never expected us to go for RVP, so wouldn't put it past SAF to go after a free Lampard.

Going off a recent interview from Lampard it does seem like he already has something lined up for when he leaves Chelsea. :beard:

I do strongly believe that Giggs and Scholes will retire for good at the end of this season.
Original post by SirMasterKey
Going off a recent interview from Lampard it does seem like he already has something lined up for when he leaves Chelsea. :beard:

I do strongly believe that Giggs and Scholes will retire for good at the end of this season.

The most obvious option seems to be LA Galaxy. Beckham went there in 2007 when he still could have competed in a top European league and Lampard is in a similiar position. But he still wants to play for England and I wonder if his mindset is different to Beckham's - he's not fussed about promoting the game in other parts of the world and promoting his own brand, even though he is engaged to Christine Bleakley. I hope the desire to play for England might mean he turns that deal down to stay in the PL or go to Italy.

Scholes is the most likeliest to go, he's done an interview today saying how he regretted it when he called it a day last time, difficult to judge how both Giggs and him personally feel. Giggs, might soldier on for another year but no news about a new deal as of yet.

Latest