The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3320
Original post by clarakrz
Not Econ but history of art from fitz as well! best of luck to you, hope all goes well and this will all be over soon...

Thank you! Fingers crossed! :biggrin:
Reply 3321
Original post by Pandin
Me, pooled from Caius to Christ's, which is fine I guess. Good luck to you and everyone else... :wink:

Oh wow congratulations! Thank you! So nervous!
Original post by jqian
More likely by e-mail I guess.

Thank you! :smile: So we'll be notified by the end of the month, I presume?
Anyone know when downing poolees heard back last year? Or have people been receiving offers/rejections already? The wait kills me! Especially how a classmate told me she just got fished from the pool! International applicant here.
Original post by •Ball•So•Hard•
just looked at the offer holders chat.... :banghead:

Why did they have to tell us about the pool? Why not do it without us knowing, make the decision on a rejection or fished and then tell us.

I suspect that historically, more candidates needed re interviewing? I don't know... Being pooled sucks if you're impatient like me. :redface:

Hang in there!
Reply 3325
Original post by AlexandraSophia
Has anybody got pooled by St. Catz?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Check out the update reports attached to the first post in this thread.

You could do a lot worse :tongue:
Original post by EyesBegoniaSkies
Anyone know when downing poolees heard back last year? Or have people been receiving offers/rejections already? The wait kills me! Especially how a classmate told me she just got fished from the pool! International applicant here.

I think people hear in order of the college they've been pooled to, not their original college. Also, you might like to consider that's lots of colleges have only given out interviews so far ( as these have to be sorted out first), so direct decisions for international applicants might be coming in the next few days.good luck! :smile:
Reply 3327
GOT AN EMAIL!
"Shop sale with an extra 15% off!" Dorothy Perkins. Why. Why do they do this to me? :frown:
Original post by Wellieboot
I got pooled by Newnham for Philosophy - any other philosophers swimming or been fished?!

Newnham is amazing for Philosophy - right in front of the Sidgwick site, and a lot of people get firsts (the quality of supervision is high).
Reply 3329
Today's update report is now attached to the first post in this thread.

tldr version:

290 users have posted on their own account to say they've been pooled
66 have reported offers, of whom four were reclaimed by their preference colleges (two by Downing, one each at St John’s and Magdalene)
29 have been called for interview, three (one economics applicants, two English applicants) to two colleges apiece (ie, 32 interviews in total)

I'm afraid I'm at work all day today and out this evening, but do remember that the FAQ covers most people's questions. I do not expect any new invitations to interview to come in today, but direct offers can be expected.

Good luck to everyone, and commiserations to those who have already drowned. Kudos to King's for getting on with it and letting you know quickly.
Reply 3330
Please save me somebody :frown:
Put me out of my misery :frown:
Reply 3331
pooled by churchill for medicine...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3332
tumblr_lpy0n80tk21qmw1sfo1_500.gif
So only one pooled engineer has heard so far.... I hope it doesn't stay like this!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was told by Fitzwilliam that i will be having 3 interviews instead of the normal 2 for my re-interview on friday. Do colleges normally put in a more intensive interview process for poolees to make sure they are up to standard?
Original post by josephtsui
I was told by Fitzwilliam that i will be having 3 interviews instead of the normal 2 for my re-interview on friday. Do colleges normally put in a more intensive interview process for poolees to make sure they are up to standard?

I think higher the number of interviews... fairer are the chances. Good luck :smile:
Original post by rajiv.dua07
So only one pooled engineer has heard so far.... I hope it doesn't stay like this!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

My friend was offered a place at Murray Edwards on Saturday for Engineering (she was pooled by Pembroke).
I still cling to the hope that only 1 or two physnatscis have heard yet, just hanging in there!
Reply 3338
Has it started today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chrisgame
I still cling to the hope that only 1 or two physnatscis have heard yet, just hanging in there!

haha exactly what i am doing

Latest