The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3360
Fingers crossed.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3361
Getting desperate to get a decision one way or the other now... Just emailed my preference college:

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am writing with regard to my current application to read Music at the University of Cambridge. In the letter which I received on Friday 4th January it stated that I had been placed in the Winter Pool and it is my understanding that following this process, if an applicant has been unsuccessful their file will be returned to their original college. As such, I am wondering if it is possible at this state to find out from St John's College whether my file has been returned as unsuccessful or not - as I have an important upcoming (non school) examination, I am keen to get a final decision one way or the other, although I am aware that this might not necessarily be possible at this stage.
My name is ****** ****** *********-****, and my UCAS ID is **********. This is the email address linked to my application and my primary contact telephone number is ***********.
I very much look forward to hearing back from you.
With Best Regards,

Hopefully will get a reply soon...
Reply 3362
any NatSci ppl been fished/rejected yet? i wish cambridge would hire more staff and do this quicker :frown: altho i'm sure they are doing the best they can and hiring more people would probably = increase in fees...
Reply 3363
Original post by piette
Getting desperate to get a decision one way or the other now... Just emailed my preference college:

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am writing with regard to my current application to read Music at the University of Cambridge. In the letter which I received on Friday 4th January it stated that I had been placed in the Winter Pool and it is my understanding that following this process, if an applicant has been unsuccessful their file will be returned to their original college. As such, I am wondering if it is possible at this state to find out from St John's College whether my file has been returned as unsuccessful or not - as I have an important upcoming (non school) examination, I am keen to get a final decision one way or the other, although I am aware that this might not necessarily be possible at this stage.
My name is ****** ****** *********-****, and my UCAS ID is **********. This is the email address linked to my application and my primary contact telephone number is ***********.
With Best Regards,

This is NOT recommended to do!!
Reply 3364
Got pooled by Caius!!! Really hope another college fishes me.
Reply 3365
Original post by s_axo
This is NOT recommended to do!!

I don't really care anymore. Part of me has kind of lost interest in a place at Cambridge and just wants to bring the process to a close now.
Reply 3366
Original post by piette

Dear Sir/Madam,
With Best Regards,

Could you tell us what they reply if they do? Thanks!!
Reply 3367
Original post by s_axo
Got pooled by Caius!!! Really hope another college fishes me.

did you get pooled today?? good luck to you! :smile:
Reply 3368
Phone just rang but number was unavailable and got no sound when I picked it up :confused:
Reply 3369
Original post by clarakrz
Could you tell us what they reply if they do? Thanks!!

Lol i emailed St John as well but mine was very short and straight forward and she replied to me this morning saying they dont have any information on my file in the pool at this stage.

Don't bother to mail or phone. If they reach a decision they will contact you ASAP
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by dornam
you are also applying for medicine? what college? what is your bmat if i may ask?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I am, I was pooled by Girton, which leaves me with very little hope really considering that I think only 1 person was fished from Girton for medicine over the last 2 years. I am, however, a gap year student so I already have my A level results which should be a plus. I didn't do well in the BMAT, I scored: 6.3, 5.8. 2A (or something like that). I believe that it's my essay which is seriously letting me down (as well as college of course), but who knows?

How about you?
Reply 3371
Original post by clarakrz
did you get pooled today?? good luck to you! :smile:

I did indeed. Just now :biggrin: Thanks so much x
Reply 3372
i applied to churchill and got pooled. my bmat is 5 / 6,6 and 3,5A. Frustrating process

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3373
Original post by dornam
i applied to churchill and got pooled. my bmat is 5 / 6,6 and 3,5A. Frustrating process

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agreed. Cambridge just love to go balls deep ****ing with our heads.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3374
at least ive passed from waiting a letter which could be both an offer or rejection to waiting an email which could only mean an offer :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3375
Original post by dornam
at least ive passed from waiting a letter which could be both an offer or rejection to waiting an email which could only mean an offer :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do something to pass the time. Have you heard of the NoFap2013 challenge?

Reply 3376
no :smile:) give me more details

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3377
Original post by dornam
no :smile:) give me more details

Posted from TSR Mobile

Simply put, no fapping allowed at all in 2013. :wink:

Reply 3378
Where did all the female fish in this thread go? Come out and play, don't be afraid... :wink:

Reply 3379
and how would this help passing the time? you little...

Posted from TSR Mobile