The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by BibbyDuck
I won't ask you to write my name in Greek characters :P

Not sure I could do it on an English computer keyboard anyway :P
Reply 781
Original post by meowcat95
Aha well I'm sure you won't be swimming for too much longer, good luck!

Two, both gorgeous ginger boys :P you?

Thanks, hun. Ginger cats sound cute; I'm not much of a cat person myself though. Whereabouts are you from?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 782
Original post by Zhy
Thanks, hun. Ginger cats sound cute; I'm not much of a cat person myself though. Whereabouts are you from?

They are lovely - even my friend who's terrified of cats loves mine :P Berkshire, you?
Reply 783
They are lovely - even my friend who's terrified of cats loves mine :P Berkshire, you?

From the sounds of it I'm sure I'd love 'em too! I'm from London. Got any plans for freshers?

Reply 784
Original post by Zhy
From the sounds of it I'm sure I'd love 'em too! I'm from London. Got any plans for freshers?

Aha definitely! Cool, I love London :smile: Just having an insane amount of fun, I'm sure :wink:
Reply 785
Aha definitely! Cool, I love London :smile: Just having an insane amount of fun, I'm sure :wink:

It's a nice place for sure. Ooer, what kind of fun did you have in mind? :wink:

Reply 786
Original post by Zhy
It's a nice place for sure. Ooer, what kind of fun did you have in mind? :wink:

Not what you're thinking I'm sure :wink: Have you got offers from other places?
Reply 787
Not what you're thinking I'm sure :wink: Have you got offers from other places?

I was thinking more along the lines of meeting people and getting some food with them, getting to know them. So what did you have in mind, exactly? :wink:

Yep, all in my sig

Reply 788
Original post by Zhy
I was thinking more along the lines of meeting people and getting some food with them, getting to know them. So what did you have in mind, exactly? :wink:

Yep, all in my sig

Similar idea of course! :wink: I have no idea how you see your sig... Hint please? :L
Reply 789
Similar idea of course! :wink: I have no idea how you see your sig... Hint please? :L

Tell you what. If I get fished out of this pool, let's arrange a meet up sometime on freshers and we'll do just that :tongue:

Click my profile, maybe? Are you on your mobile?

Reply 790
Original post by Zhy
Tell you what. If I get fished out of this pool, let's arrange a meet up sometime on freshers and we'll do just that :tongue:

Click my profile, maybe? Are you on your mobile?

Aha sure, sounds good, we can talk about my cats :wink: jk :P I tried but no such luck. Whatever :L
Original post by bíborcsiga
Yes, this is what I meant. I guess I'm slightly worried as I'm not a UK student, so naturally not all bursaries and grants are available to me. But what you say is quite reassuring, and I've also read that EU students are eligible for all Newnham bursaries, so it should be fine. Thank you!

I will say that compared to most colleges Newnham is fairly expensive but there are the bursaries if you're eligible for them and I haven't found anyone say that it's too expensive for them to afford, including international students.
Reply 792
Aha sure, sounds good, we can talk about my cats :wink: jk :P I tried but no such luck. Whatever :L

Cats sounds okay to me. What are their names?

No big deal, I didn't apply to anywhere special. :tongue:

Original post by AquilaXenon
I will say that compared to most colleges Newnham is fairly expensive but there are the bursaries if you're eligible for them and I haven't found anyone say that it's too expensive for them to afford, including international students.

Thanks very much for the reassurance. :smile: If you don't mint me asking have you had any experience with the Newnham bursarias and hardship funds? I guess I'll find out about them when I get there, but the information on the website is pretty vague (it basically just says 'we have bursaries'), so if you happen to know anything else I'd appreciate it. :smile:
Reply 794
Original post by Zhy
Cats sounds okay to me. What are their names?

No big deal, I didn't apply to anywhere special. :tongue:

Aha oh good :P Charlie and Axil (don't even ask...) Apart from Cambridge then? :P
Reply 795
Aha oh good :P Charlie and Axil (don't even ask...) Apart from Cambridge then? :P

(I can PM you my academic stuff if you want but it's really boring, wouldn't recommend it :tongue: )

Axil? I think I want to ask. :wink:
Original post by bíborcsiga
Thanks very much for the reassurance. :smile: If you don't mint me asking have you had any experience with the Newnham bursarias and hardship funds? I guess I'll find out about them when I get there, but the information on the website is pretty vague (it basically just says 'we have bursaries'), so if you happen to know anything else I'd appreciate it. :smile:

Unfortunately I haven't as I'm usually just outside of the requirements for most bursaries/scholarships. Have you seen this part of the Newnham website: http://www.newn.cam.ac.uk/joining-newnham/undergraduate-admissions/fees-funding#EU_overseas as this might give a bit more information. You'll also receive emails from Newnham detailing any options available and within the next few weeks (though it might not be until March, my memory is a bit fuzzy) you'll receive a pack containing lots of information including bursaries.

There are also things like travel grants for the Long Vacation (in the summer) and book grants where if you keep receipts for books you've had to buy for your course you could get up to 60% of the cost back.

Hope this helps a little!
Original post by AquilaXenon
Unfortunately I haven't as I'm usually just outside of the requirements for most bursaries/scholarships. Have you seen this part of the Newnham website: http://www.newn.cam.ac.uk/joining-newnham/undergraduate-admissions/fees-funding#EU_overseas as this might give a bit more information. You'll also receive emails from Newnham detailing any options available and within the next few weeks (though it might not be until March, my memory is a bit fuzzy) you'll receive a pack containing lots of information including bursaries.

There are also things like travel grants for the Long Vacation (in the summer) and book grants where if you keep receipts for books you've had to buy for your course you could get up to 60% of the cost back.

Hope this helps a little!

Thanks again, it definitely helped. I guess I'll just have to wait for more information to be sent. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 798
Out of curiosity: any offer holders from Poland?
Hiya all and congratulations! I'm in to do Arabic and Persian!

Latest

Trending

Trending