The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3420
Original post by Brighter_Star
I feel you - they really should!

Although to be honest I'd probably be a bit annoyed too if I got a message from them now that still wasn't a conclusion to this horror :tongue:

That is true. But this is getting ridiculous, they made the decisions on Thursday! I just don't understand :'(.
Original post by chickenonsteroids
How's everyone doing today?

It's been eerily quiet on all fronts - no rejections, no interviews invitations, no offers (unless I missed something?). Boo Cambridge, boo.
It's been eerily quiet on all fronts - no rejections, no interviews invitations, no offers (unless I missed something?). Boo Cambridge, boo.

Boo indeed

:'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just drowned. Rejected by Clare for HSPS - I had emailed them yesterday to ask so if you haven't heard I suggest you do the same!
Original post by JKA17
That is true. But this is getting ridiculous, they made the decisions on Thursday! I just don't understand :'(.

I don't really get it either; I perfectly understand that it's a LOT of work, but some people here have tried to e-mail or phone and were told the college didn't know what was going on with their file :confused: I understand they can't discuss it at this point, but it seems odd that they don't know...
Reply 3425
Original post by Stardust95
Just drowned. Rejected by Clare for HSPS - I had emailed them yesterday to ask so if you haven't heard I suggest you do the same!

I'm very sorry to hear this, I wish you luck wherever you decide to go instead :smile:
And I think I might!
Reply 3426
I don't really get it either; I perfectly understand that it's a LOT of work, but some people here have tried to e-mail or phone and were told the college didn't know what was going on with their file :confused: I understand they can't discuss it at this point, but it seems odd that they don't know...

See I thought it was a lot of work at first, but then if you think, divide all that work by all the colleges, and then aaall the different subjects within those colleges, surely they don't actually end up with that many people to contact? :s-smilie: I think I might email and ask. You're Magdalene as well yes? :smile:
Hi everyone, sorry I've been following this thread for the last couple of days but have only just decided to post.

Pooled from Jesus for Law, no news yet.

Jesus seems to be pretty quiet on here, just wondering if there are any other Jesus poolees out there?
Original post by JKA17
I'm very sorry to hear this, I wish you luck wherever you decide to go instead :smile:
And I think I might!

Thank you! Yes I got into Durham so it's almost the same :tongue: guess I ought to crack on with revision now though....
Just letting people know who will find it of use, I've been given an interview at Gonville and Caius on Thursday, so so stoked, literally gave up hope!

Only problem is that it's in 2 days... :/

DONT STOP BELIEEEVING

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3430
Thank you! Yes I got into Durham so it's almost the same :tongue: guess I ought to crack on with revision now though....

Well with the way this is going I'll see you there!! :smile:
Original post by JKA17
See I thought it was a lot of work at first, but then if you think, divide all that work by all the colleges, and then aaall the different subjects within those colleges, surely they don't actually end up with that many people to contact? :s-smilie: I think I might email and ask. You're Magdalene as well yes? :smile:

I wish I understood the process a little better, so that I could at least have an idea of what this silence meant - is it because someone is trying to make up their minds about us, or because they're overwhelmed with work and it's taking a while to communicate the decisions? :dontknow: If it's the latter, I agree it's taking rather long, especially since some people heard as early as Friday!

Ooh, you're braver than I am! :tongue: Yes, I applied to Magdalene as well :smile:

oh dear. I hope you guys get good news today or tomorrow :smile:

:console:
Reply 3433
I wish I understood the process a little better, so that I could at least have an idea of what this silence meant - is it because someone is trying to make up their minds about us, or because they're overwhelmed with work and it's taking a while to communicate the decisions? :dontknow: If it's the latter, I agree it's taking rather long, especially since some people heard as early as Friday!

Ooh, you're braver than I am! :tongue: Yes, I applied to Magdalene as well :smile:

If the pool closed on Thursday, the decisions must have been made? Oh who knows. I think they should have told everyone at the same time.
Well, on the letter it says don't ring in early January, but when does early January end? 10th? 15th?... I might email them tomorrow I think.
Good luck by the way, if I haven't said so already :smile:

I'm so sorry to hear that :frown: Thank you for letting us know, and good luck in Durham or elsewhere - you were good enough to get pooled, so I'm sure you'll do fantastic wherever you end up!!

Original post by •Ball•So•Hard•
Just letting people know who will find it of use, I've been given an interview at Gonville and Caius on Thursday, so so stoked, literally gave up hope!

Only problem is that it's in 2 days... :/

DONT STOP BELIEEEVING

:woo: Congratulations!! All the best of luck! That's very short notice indeed - do you have to travel far?
Reply 3435
Just got REJECTED!

alls well that ends well
Original post by manonhuckle
Hi everyone, sorry I've been following this thread for the last couple of days but have only just decided to post.

Jesus seems to be pretty quiet on here, just wondering if there are any other Jesus poolees out there?

Yep jesus applicants here but for engineering

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3437
Original post by Axion
Just got REJECTED!

alls well that ends well

Sorry to hear, subject?
Original post by JKA17
If the pool closed on Thursday, the decisions must have been made? Oh who knows. I think they should have told everyone at the same time.
Well, on the letter it says don't ring in early January, but when does early January end? 10th? 15th?... I might email them tomorrow I think.
Good luck by the way, if I haven't said so already :smile:

That's what I thought too, but I've already proven I'm no pro when it comes to interpreting the pool file, so who knows what they're up to right now?

Thank you - and the same to you! :biggrin:
Original post by manonhuckle

Jesus poolee over here! And you're right, haven't see many around on this thread. Pooled for medicine.
What are the chances that the Jesus College caretaker accidentally picked up the box with our files and they are now locked away in a storeroom far from the reach of any admissions tutor who would show an interest...:K:

Latest

Trending

Trending