The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JimJohnnyJones
Jesus poolee over here! And you're right, haven't see many around on this thread. Pooled for medicine.
What are the chances that the Jesus College caretaker accidentally picked up the box with our files and they are now locked away in a storeroom far from the reach of any admissions tutor who would show an interest...:K:

Damn it don't say that! XD Good luck for getting fished though! :smile:
Original post by •Ball•So•Hard•
Just letting people know who will find it of use, I've been given an interview at Gonville and Caius on Thursday, so so stoked, literally gave up hope!

Only problem is that it's in 2 days... :/

DONT STOP BELIEEEVING

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Well done! When did they let you know??
Original post by Coffeeshock
Pooled by Pembroke for Engineering, but only just heard this morning I have an offer from Trinity Hall... bit relieved, only swimming for three days! Keep at it people!

Soooooooooooooooooo lucky! I guess you took my spot! Why oh why wasn't I good enough! :frown: Have fun!!! Hopefully I will still get fished... Did they call or email you?
Anyone heard much from Girton, particularly for PhysNatSci? Also for the other subjects too..
do you think it's best to give up hope now, is it feasible that we might recieve an offer over the next few days (I mean I know that it's technically possible but is it likely.) Sorry for such down post but the pool is literally (mela-dramatic teenage over-reaction coming right up) RUINING MY LIFFFFFFEEEEEEEEE
Original post by iamagoodegg
do you think it's best to give up hope now, is it feasible that we might recieve an offer over the next few days (I mean I know that it's technically possible but is it likely.) Sorry for such down post but the pool is literally (mela-dramatic teenage over-reaction coming right up) RUINING MY LIFFFFFFEEEEEEEEE

Try to keep your hopes up and not come to this website too often! :biggrin:
Reply 3446
i got rejected by email at 3pm.

Fun times
Are offers through pool from this point on very slim now?
Original post by iamagoodegg

I was like you once.....wasting away at the bottom of the pool (still am), not living my life since what may seem like a very VERY long time ago......about 2 days? :P (Feels like forever doesn't it?).

I know it seems hard to get over the waiting now but all I can suggest is to just accept the worse and start trying to find positives in all the other places you've applied to. What is it about them that you'd be looking forward to? Hopefully this would at least help you feel better and let you realise there is so much, in fact much more than Cambridge out there! :smile:
Original post by Axion

Fun times

Ah tis a shame but don't worry! I'm sure you'll now start to find plenty more to look forward to at all the other unis that will/have given you offers! The wait is over, rejoice! :smile: And best of luck to you to wherever you may end up
Original post by Rhiannonymous
Damn it don't say that! XD Good luck for getting fished though! :smile:

Haha thank you!

Original post by Axion

Fun times

Comiserations :frown: On the plus side you're free of this pain endured in the waiting game. Which college did you apply to?
Original post by Axion

Fun times

Unlucky mate keep your chin up
Reply 3452
If anyone's interested my friend who applied for maths at Emma was today given an interview by Caius.
Original post by JimJohnnyJones
Jesus poolee over here! And you're right, haven't see many around on this thread. Pooled for medicine.
What are the chances that the Jesus College caretaker accidentally picked up the box with our files and they are now locked away in a storeroom far from the reach of any admissions tutor who would show an interest...:K:

Haha do you know it certainly feels like that! Oh god imagine! :O
I'm also really confused about our Jesus letter? They state "unfortunately they haven't selected us at this stage" but does that mean that they are still looking, or what?

Talk about confusing.
Original post by cambridge_please
Try to keep your hopes up and not come to this website too often! :biggrin:

so much easier said then done, because this is the only resource us poolees have so it's quite hard to relinquish, even if it's does more harm then good. :frown:
Anyone heard from pembroke?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by trin67
Hi Everyone,

Am new to this thread and I know late in the day. Am the mother of super stressed linguistics applicant and trying to instil calm but without much success.

Ok so he is pooled but no word since. Wonder if anyone knows how or if they work out UMS when we have combination of Pre U and A Level? Obviously there is no equivalent AS for Pre U so we have a slightly artificial UMS as it's only on 2 subjects? Anyone any idea?

"Four AS/A2 UMS averages will be generated and presented in four adjacent columns, for applicants who have provided UMS scores for at least three subjects, with a total potential score of at least 600 across the three subjects. Applicants who cannot be ranked will be grouped together at the bottom of spreadsheets, with a clear means of identification (they will be allocated to 'quintile' Z)."

It is perhaps a disadvantage of Pre-U shared with IB that they don't have AS results so Cambridge look at GCSE & predictions but don't rank. However the system is designed to try and avoid disadvantaging the applicant.

Good Luck to him, he has done well to get this far.
Original post by chickenonsteroids
How's everyone doing today?

Tense. Not been rejected but not been fished.

I've been trying to console myself by seeing what I'd miss out on if I got in and it's looking quite good. Durham has some excellent student societies which I even Cam don't have which I like the look of.

A lot of lucky Pembroke scientists have been fished though, and I'm worried because I sure haven't been :<

I really want to e-mail Pembroke and ask what's going on u__u
hey guys.i'm happily at one with my imminent rejection. :wink: (it was so good actually being able to sleep again last night). i'm only here because of this wierd comradey feeling i've got going on. and i love hearing of people getting offers. :L

but i do want to say for the benefit of those still hoping....
those rejected saying they were rejected should maybe say where from for what when they give their sad news??? then we wouldn't get everyone asking for the details.
i promise i will give details when i hear. :smile:
Original post by Rhiannonymous
I was like you once.....wasting away at the bottom of the pool (still am), not living my life since what may seem like a very VERY long time ago......about 2 days? :P (Feels like forever doesn't it?).

I know it seems hard to get over the waiting now but all I can suggest is to just accept the worse and start trying to find positives in all the other places you've applied to. What is it about them that you'd be looking forward to? Hopefully this would at least help you feel better and let you realise there is so much, in fact much more than Cambridge out there! :smile:

I'm almost 100% sure that i've gained a couple of crows feet since friday- sorry gross metaphor.
And yes this is the logical, sensible, grown up thing to do, forget about cambridge, fall in love with durham, but it's ridiculously difficult, i think the entire admissions process might have been designed with teh sole purpose of making applicants grow this weird emotional attactment to cambridge, you go through so much and its nigh on impossible to let go

Latest

Trending

Trending