The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3480
Original post by jqian
One person from Clare so far, but I can't confirm if everyone Clare applicant has been informed because it is not very good to base the 'theory' on one person.

EDIT: This person has e-mailed Clare and so may not been sent the e-mail if not requested.

Thanks for the info! i'm a catz applicant. bit nervous atm haha. good luck to all remaining fishes!
I'm now in a stage where I think that it'd be great if just this once I get lucky and get a place....
Reply 3482
Original post by mp1995
Pooled for St Catz and just got a phone interview for Trinity Hall!!! (EU applicant)

Congrats fellow Catz poolie! Best of luck at your interview! which subject do you want to study?
Reply 3483
Has anybody heard of anybody who should have been auto-pooled and was rejected straight up?
This has happened and don't know where to go for help...
Reply 3484
Original post by iCiaran
That's me gone, best wishes to anyone still swimming.

Nooo, fellow CompSci poolee, why does this year suddenly have a massive spike in CompSci applicants...
Reply 3485
Original post by mp1995
Pooled for St Catz and just got a phone interview for Trinity Hall!!! (EU applicant)

congrats!! what course?
Original post by ma-anna
Has anybody heard of anybody who should have been auto-pooled and was rejected straight up?
This has happened and don't know where to go for help...

What are your top thee most relevant subject UMS?
Original post by mp1995

Wish Trinity Hall just kept me!! :frown: Congrats!!!!!!!!!
If you think about it, we are fishing as well as being fished because we all want a plaice
Original post by und
Hehe. You have competition. :wink:

Officially scared now.

SO grateful to have been given another chance, and I forgive Johns now for rejecting me, if they gave me a good enough file for another interview :wink:
Original post by iCiaran

:/ well I'm very sure you'll do great anywhere else you go. :smile:
Original post by Brighter_Star
I'm so sorry to hear that :frown: Thank you for letting us know, and good luck in Durham or elsewhere - you were good enough to get pooled, so I'm sure you'll do fantastic wherever you end up!!

:woo: Congratulations!! All the best of luck! That's very short notice indeed - do you have to travel far?

it's ~3 hours on the train! So not too bad... and thank you!
I know I'm posting this a bit late, but I haven't given any telephone numbers in UCAS or SAQ, so presumably that means they'll have to email me or send decision in the post, yes?

Just checking, am a bit paranoid they have databases of phone numbers or something like that.
Original post by 777edr777
Well done! When did they let you know??

about half 3 today?
Original post by JimJohnnyJones
I suppose if you look at it literally it does seem to suggest there is still a chance they may reconsider us... but I wouldn't look into it too much ! :biggrin: To be honest I just see a pool letter as an attempt at a painless rejection :P i.e. "no we don't want you, but hopefully some other college will"

EDIT: appears to be a lot of people suggesting that those who are rejected should state from which college? May be good for some people's peace of mind. I would say that is probably going too far, but after reading 170 pages of this thread nothing would faze me anymore...

No I think you're right, I just wonder how many people have been fished by Jesus from other colleges perviously, that would be interesting. Jesus seem to be keeping very quiet.

Yes it would be really helpful for everyone to let us know there colleges :smile:

This is excruciating!
Reply 3495
I'm slowly going crazy here. Anyone know if they get to you later if you're an EU applicant?
Original post by Chris_Leaney
If you think about it, we are fishing as well as being fished because we all want a plaice

Terrible and it cheered me up :tongue:
Original post by iCiaran

Oh no! Commiserations. :frown:
Original post by iCiaran

Ah man, sorry to hear that. Good luck with everything :hugs:
Reply 3499
post A level. 3 x A*s

Latest

Trending

Trending