The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3500
This pool may as well be a pool of hot lava.
Reply 3501
Original post by jqian
Nooo, fellow CompSci poolee, why does this year suddenly have a massive spike in CompSci applicants...

It must be because CompSci is the best subject, and people have only just realised it!
Anyone else pooled by Downing? Heard ANYTHING yet?! Slowly sinking...
Original post by iCiaran
That's me gone, best wishes to anyone still swimming.

Unlucky dude :frown: it was cool meeting you that time anyway, and you will do ace wherever you end up!
Hi guys just to add some more stats for people... my friend got an email yesterday for an interview at Girton for economics. He was pooled from St Catz :smile:
Original post by Chrisgame
Nothing came in the post today, quickly losing hope. Any news from any other phys nat scis?

Nothing here, but I think knowing that so few other people have heard is almost encouraging :smile: At least, I think I'd feel much worse if everyone but me was getting news :wink:
Right, I've just sent an e-mail off to my selected college, not sure that i actually want a decision right now if I'm honest. I can sense a rejection (i mean seriously what are the chances of an offer now?) and I think that although this is occupying too much of my life, I think I'd probably rather not now than to be told i was rejected.
Reply 3507
Original post by hucki
It must be because CompSci is the best subject, and people have only just realised it!

xD, but why this year when I apply! There was an article not too long ago how Cambridge were desperate for CompSci applicants, back then 1 in 3 people got offers for CompSci, this year more like 1 in 5.

EDIT: And yes, I just started a sentence with xD.
Original post by 777edr777

What subject did you apply for? I was pooled by them by HSPC :frown: Not heard anything off anyone yet!
Original post by TPJY
what do you mean 'economics with maths' ? this isn't a course :P give her my congrats :smile:

Sorry, meant economics... she applied with maths everywhere else :smile:
Original post by 777edr777

:hello: I'm nurturing a small flicker of hope for being taken back. They don't need to drag out rejections this long :frown: Which subject did you apply for?
Original post by Minerva
Yes, I would do that. Good luck to your daughter :smile:

Thanks for that Minerva! I did call and it is all sorted - for your records the second college was Trinity! She has an interview there on Saturday.
Reply 3512
Resigning myself to my inevitable rejection after 4 days of swimming. Can't help but hope a little though :frown: Any law fishes heard anything?
Reply 3513
Any theology/Corpus people heard anything? and if it said on the letter theyd let me know if i had an interview by the 7th, theres no chance of m being called for onne now, is there? or could they be lying? :P
Original post by Ann4
Resigning myself to my inevitable rejection after 4 days of swimming. Can't help but hope a little though :frown: Any law fishes heard anything?

My friend has been pooled for law for gonville and caius and not heard anything yet :/
Reject me please Cambridge - I'm getting sick of this tinkle of hope you've planted inside me.

Then I can escape from this limbo and get on with my life...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3516
Anyone been rejected by Selwyn? Stiiiiiill waiting! School was horrible, started off the day explaining what pooling was, by last lesson I just snapped that I hadn't heard yet instead :tongue:
Just sent my rejection email from Trinity Hall. I wasn't fished... :'(

See you guys at Bristol.
It does seem that colleges are rejecting people and accepting people in one shot...
Reply 3519
Original post by willwba
Congrats fellow Catz poolie! Best of luck at your interview! which subject do you want to study?

Thank you!! Land Economy, what about you?

Latest

Trending

Trending