LOL

well now it does (fwiw)
Original post by Rhiannonymous
sorry, fwiw?

For What It's Worth
Original post by Silverland
Apologies

fwiw = for what it's worth :smile:

ah thank you :smile: how do you also gain reputation, is it through getting a certain number of "thumbs-up" for each level?
Original post by swraysford
I just hope this isn't the end of the line and that I'll be given a plaice.

SNUFKIN!!!!!!!!! :nutcase:
ah thank you :smile: how do you also gain reputation, is it through getting a certain number of "thumbs-up" for each level?

Pretty much. You can also directly rep a member by a button on their profile page but I don't think many people use that ~("~)
Original post by Silverland
LOL

well now it does (fwiw)

Well I see that you're not yet adored or respected like me, regardless of your 31,284 posts, are you sure you're not just jealous? :wink:
Original post by Gibsone
If you got fished by another college, will it informs you if it does not want to give you an reinterview?

They would've told you if they want a reinterview. If they don't they'd tell you the requirements straightaway I suppose.
Original post by \/ibhav
Well I see that you're not yet adored or respected like me, regardless of your 31,284 posts, are you sure you're not just jealous? :wink:

Exalted and Worshipped > Adored and Respected Member
Original post by \/ibhav
Really? Are you sure about that? I think you should have another look... :wink:

Wait, your number of posts.....?? :eek:
Have all the colleges made their decisions?

if so I don't understand why we haven't heard
I thought it finished on Friday? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by mick.the.fish
Have all the colleges made their decisions?

if not I don't understand why we haven't heard
I thought it finished on Friday? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

You haven't heard because they may not have got round to telling you their decision - they were still giving out initial letters yesterday.
Original post by PooPoo
Hello people, I have some information that may put you all at ease a little bit, it helped me feel a bit better.

My maths teacher has been dealing with oxbridge applicantions for 20+years and works very closely with Cambridge to moderate STEP papers and things (she is ridiculously clever and got a full scholarship to go to cambridge and what she told me today made me feel a lot better.

I haven't been contacted so assumed I was just going to get rejected but apparently the longer you're in the pool without being rejected the better your chances!
Each college marks your application if they're interested, then the application is returned to your preference college. If you haven't been marked, you get rejected.
However, if more than one college has marked you, they will squabble over who gets you for many days and the longer the wait for you, the better your chances.
so NO NEWS IS NOT BAD NEWS
My teacher said she has known this to even take in to the first few days of Feb
She seemed pleased that I hadn't heard anything as it usually is a good sign.

I also imagine a lot of people that have recieved rejections at this point wouldn't have posted and would have just left the thread, so you won't hear about the rejections that have been handed out.

If you wait for ages and do finally get a rejection, you can take a tiny bit of comfort in the fact you must have been beaten by literally one person.

anyway, I hope this helps, it made me feel better about myself and realise I can stop stalking this page constantly.

Edit: Just for people's curiosity, I was pooled from Downing after applying for chemical engineering via NatSci, I'm post A level with 94% average in my A2 and 88% average in AS

I love you.
Original post by \/ibhav

I'm jealous of anyone who the pool hasn't driven insane. That requires some serious mental stamina and fortitude

There's a nice trick that lets you change your post count

(but of course my 31,000 are completely genuine :wink: )
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by PooPoo
Hello people, I have some information that may put you all at ease a little bit, it helped me feel a bit better.

My maths teacher has been dealing with oxbridge applicantions for 20+years and works very closely with Cambridge to moderate STEP papers and things (she is ridiculously clever and got a full scholarship to go to cambridge and what she told me today made me feel a lot better.

I haven't been contacted so assumed I was just going to get rejected but apparently the longer you're in the pool without being rejected the better your chances!
Each college marks your application if they're interested, then the application is returned to your preference college. If you haven't been marked, you get rejected.
However, if more than one college has marked you, they will squabble over who gets you for many days and the longer the wait for you, the better your chances.
so NO NEWS IS NOT BAD NEWS
My teacher said she has known this to even take in to the first few days of Feb
She seemed pleased that I hadn't heard anything as it usually is a good sign.

I also imagine a lot of people that have recieved rejections at this point wouldn't have posted and would have just left the thread, so you won't hear about the rejections that have been handed out.

If you wait for ages and do finally get a rejection, you can take a tiny bit of comfort in the fact you must have been beaten by literally one person.

anyway, I hope this helps, it made me feel better about myself and realise I can stop stalking this page constantly.

Edit: Just for people's curiosity, I was pooled from Downing after applying for chemical engineering via NatSci, I'm post A level with 94% average in my A2 and 88% average in AS

I probably should've said this before

but I'll admit it now. It's not something I often say:

But I love poo poo
These puns...

:colonhash:
Reply 3755
Laughing so much at herring all these fish jokes :wink:
Original post by ss06
Exalted and Worshipped > Adored and Respected Member

I know...:wink: