The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Is there and Emma offer holder facebook group or a natsci one?
Reply 821
Original post by Oromis263
Any King's people lurking out there? (besides NooNoo, Oboe1994 and Ben-Smith) :smile:

Not wanting to hear from noo noo? :s-smilie: (!)

its starting to feel real now. :smile:
Original post by Azwozzle
Last year mine took just over a week to come up on track, so don't worry about it. Cambridge prefer to go old-style with letters, so track naturally takes forever.

Ah thank you! I've been looking at my UCAS track every day to check whether it has come up and I'm not quite ready to believe that I have an offer yet. Track seems so much more concrete; I keep on having nightmares imagining that they sent me my offer letter by accident and they'll retract it :eek:

What do you study? And which college? Do you think the speed of it coming up on track depends on your college? :colondollar:
Original post by Grace626
ooo that sounds so sophisticated :P I'm pretty sure you said this already but cba to go back through the thread, what subject are you doing?

English
Does anyone know whether offers tend to include qualifications you already have or not? I have an offer of AAAA for Scottish Advanced Highers at Clare (phys natsci). I took an Advanced Higher last year and got an A, so would that mean that I only need 3 more As this year? I just thought of this possibility and it would make my year a lot less stressful!
Original post by Noonoo
Not wanting to hear from noo noo? :s-smilie: (!)

its starting to feel real now. :smile:

Haha, I meant I was looking for more people!

I know, I've been looking at accommodation this evening, trying to decide which I will apply to. Quite nice to have the luxury of being able to make these decisions now.

Original post by bananarama2
Is there and Emma offer holder facebook group or a natsci one?

There is a natsci one, I shall add you. :smile:

There is a natsci one, I shall add you. :smile:

I know, I've been looking at accommodation this evening, trying to decide which I will apply to. Quite nice to have the luxury of being able to make these decisions now.

I've been looking, to be prepared rather than assuming I'll get in :tongue:
Reply 828
Original post by vb789
No, I'm afraid I'm one of those weirdos that don't have fb :stupid:
Have joined the TSR group though :smile: Do you know if there's anything we have to do about the offer or sending documents etc before March?

I sent an email confirming that I would like to accept the place :smile: as for the documents I have copies of the certificates of my exam results to send off, and today I asked at school about the student support bit and they said that you can apply for it around February and then you recieve all sorts of letters from student finance that you could use as confirmation. :smile: As a treat for getting a Cam offer you should get an fb account :wink:
Reply 829
Original post by Crushy10
Ah that's cool! I'm doing Biology chemistry latin and maths, is there a facebook group for caius offer holders ?

OMG no way! They must be loving us Latin-ers for medicine this year! That is exactly what I'm taking :smile:

Oh and sorry about earlier - I completely misunderstood your comment (I thought you meant they might want you to take up Latin randomly, not sure why I thought that :P )

What set texts are you doing?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 830
Also anyone know of a medicine offer holders facebook group?
Original post by Sufi-Kitty
Hiya all and congratulations! I'm in to do Arabic and Persian!

Another AMES! I'm doing Arabic and Hebrew :smile:
Original post by meowcat95
Also anyone know of a medicine offer holders facebook group?

I would like to know the answer to this too!
Someone should start a TSR page for Medicine offer holders and then we could create a fb group and post the hyperlink on there maybe?
Original post by WenlockRhys
Quite glad i only need one A* for my offer :smile: These A*'s seems much less achievable now I have an offer!

My thoughts exactly; I'd never thought of them as an issue before, but now they seem impossible!
Offer for English at Pembroke here. Still in shock!
Original post by DalaiLama
Unconditional MML Christ's. Any other MML'ers/Christ's people?

Congratulations!
I have an offer from Christ's, for Law :smile:
Original post by bíborcsiga
Yes, I guess we'll meet after all! :biggrin: Go, celebrate, then research Magdalene, then celebrate some more! :biggrin: Do you know what offer they're making you?

Aha yes it seems like it! :h: I've now researched Magdalene thoroughly and have decided I love it! I'm really glad to have been picked from there and in some ways, it's fairly similar to King's as they were built during a similar time and overlook the river Cam. :smile: Plus they have a Ben & Jerry's night! :tongue:

I don't know about the offer as of yet as they emailed to say they will send the official letter in a week's time. I hope they don't raise the standard offer because of the fact that they fished me from the pool...

Oh, and I just thought I'd mention, one of my best friends got an offer for Linguistics also! You'll have your lectures together then, though I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or not. :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Confabulation
It seems fantastic, by far the best psychology course I've seen! I'm just so nervous about finding out the conditions of my offer...

Original post by Hol123
Hey! I'm feeling exactly the same, I'm also for PBS at Homerton. I don't know the grades I need either yet as my college rung me up Friday morning (before the letter arrived) and said the letter they sent was to say i was going to be put in the pool....but they are now going to make me an offer so ignore the other letter!

Yes I'm fairly worried, I really hope they don't raise the offer to above the standard A*AA. :s-smilie: Ah well, we shall see when the letter arrives and if it happens to be a really harsh offer, we can just work our arses off! :tongue:

Have you thought about which modules you'll be choosing in your first year? :smile:
Reply 838
Original post by hannahgracee
My thoughts exactly; I'd never thought of them as an issue before, but now they seem impossible!
Offer for English at Pembroke here. Still in shock!

Oh, more Valencians here! One does not simply see many of them around TSR. Feels kinda lonely :smile:.

Anyone knows how many physical NatSci offers does Pembroke make?
Original post by Nyolg
Oh, more Valencians here! One does not simply see many of them around TSR. Feels kinda lonely :smile:.

Anyone knows how many physical NatSci offers does Pembroke make?

You what?! :tongue: I've seen a fair few!

Probably about 15 or so this year, they seemed to hike the number of spots last year, and then the applicant numbers surged. I know a guy with a Pembroke offer.

It's Kings of King's that you see few of! (And yes, I have resorted to calling myself a King for lack of the correct term for a member of King's) :lol:

Latest

Trending

Trending