The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3860
Dont even bother think about this anymore guys! Move on. If it comes it will. Hope? What the hell. Just stay calm and live your life as normal. Dont be too desperate for nothing. Pffff.

That makes two - two have had rejections for Geography and Engineering...
Hopefully this means something!

Hopefully it doesn't mean they haven't left us off the email list...
Hi there, I am an international applicant and i got pooled by Fitz for medicine. I will be 21 when entering Cambridge if given an offer and I'm thinking of writing an email to Wolfson to kindly request them to take at look at my application from the pool, do yall tin it will be a good idea?
No!!!! Don't do that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3864
Original post by bluewaterbottle
Hi there, I am an international applicant and i got pooled by Fitz for medicine. I will be 21 when entering Cambridge if given an offer and I'm thinking of writing an email to Wolfson to kindly request them to take at look at my application from the pool, do yall tin it will be a good idea?

The pool unfortunately closed last week, all the decisions have basically been made unless you have been invited for reinterview, so I don't think it would have much of an impact. We just have to sit tight and wait :frown:
Original post by bluewaterbottle

All the lists for interview/offer/rejection have already been completed from the pool as the pool was done the first few days of january. Sooo e-mailing will not help has the colleges have decided, they are just drip feeding the results to us in their own sweet time and making us suffer!
Original post by JKA17
The pool unfortunately closed last week, all the decisions have basically been made unless you have been invited for reinterview, so I don't think it would have much of an impact. We just have to sit tight and wait :frown:

Oooh icic, thanks!!
Has anyone been drowned by Christ's thus far? If so, were you informed by post or email?
Original post by HBAD
Anyone got a clue about Jesus's pooled English Applicants? Or English Poolees in general?

Hello english poolee. No news from me (english, Caius)
Reply 3869
Original post by Abutlerrush
yet to hear from caius as well. they take their time :frown:

They also took their time when sending the interview invitations...
I honestly think their decisions are already made and are just amassing dust somewhere until someone is reminded to give them out to the applicants who are going crazy. They're academics there, not logistics/administration people :smile:

I think I came to terms with being a reject... I'm not stalking here as much or checking my email on a minute-to-minute basis... Cest la vie eh? I'm sure something good is coming both our ways even if it isn't Cambridge
Anyone been drowned by pembroke?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by daph
They also took their time when sending the interview invitations...
I honestly think their decisions are already made and are just amassing dust somewhere until someone is reminded to give them out to the applicants who are going crazy. They're academics there, not logistics/administration people :smile:

I think I came to terms with being a reject... I'm not stalking here as much or checking my email on a minute-to-minute basis... Cest la vie eh? I'm sure something good is coming both our ways even if it isn't Cambridge

Cheers, good luck to yourself as well. I reckon if i had have been given an offer it would have come through already from a college with a less lackadaisical approach to admin. Que Sera
Reply 3872
Original post by mick.the.fish
Anyone been drowned by pembroke?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i have been pooled by pembroke and heard nothing so far. is it the same for you?
Reply 3873
Drowned:frown: Trintiy for linguistics. Keep swimming!
Reply 3874
There have been nothing but drownings today :s-smilie:
Original post by JKA17
There have been nothing but drownings today :s-smilie:

The files from the pool have been sent back to the colleges today, so it's to be expected. Hopefully there'll also be some good news this afternoon :smile:
Reply 3876
have pembroke started drowning yet??
wait.. wth, fish dont drown,,,, the simply die.
isnt it the ones that get fished which actually 'drown' like in the air, cos they cant breathe?
sorry ... bio natsci here, i couldnt help noticing...
Reply 3877
Original post by joyie
have pembroke started drowning yet??
wait.. wth, fish dont drown,,,, the simply die.
isnt it the ones that get fished which actually 'drown' like in the air, cos they cant breathe?
sorry ... bio natsci here, i couldnt help noticing...

Good point. Floating is what I remember from my goldfish keeping days.
Original post by joyie
i have been pooled by pembroke and heard nothing so far. is it the same for you?

Yep same for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can we hear from our original college that we've been offered a place elsewhere?
Or would the only news we hear from our original college be bad news?
(Unless they decide to take us back)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending