The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by oxymoronic
x

Would you happen to know if Medicine decision emails/letters are given out later than the rest?
Am a bit confused, if people are getting rejected does that mean colleges have already made their decisions on who to give offers to? Because I was under the impression that they had finalised for interviews, but were still thinking about offers?
Reply 3982
this is completely irrelevant to the thread but can someone please tell me how i can change my avatar thingy?
Original post by \/ibhav
Although I'm yet to try any STEP II/III papers, I have been getting S in STEP I and I have done the Siklos Booklet (Core Mathematics), including the 2 and 3 star questions (admittedly I found some very difficult). However, I still have a lot of time to prepare and I will be making good use of that time.

I'm sorry you've had a rejection, what other options do you have at the moment?

What you've been advised by Stray is spot on and similar to what Minerva (and I) would advise.

At the moment, wait and see what happens with your other applications. You say that you don't yet have an offer for Imperial so it's pointless even considering anything until you have a concrete idea of your options. If you got to late August and couldn't see yourself anywhere else other than Cambridge then that would be the point to consider reapplying, not now whilst you're clearly upset and disappointed. However, as has been said, a number of colleges prefer maths applicants not to take year outs so I'd advise you to email the colleges and ask for their view before withdrawing from what ever university place you confirm in the summer.

That said you'd run the risk of losing good offers from this year all for Cambridge and you may well end up in the same situation again, if not worse as even if you get an offer from a university this year you may not get one again next year. Get feedback from Cambridge, find out what they thought of you and then this will make it easier to reassess what to do next year.
guys, at least being pooled is a cool thing - only 40% of applicants still stand a chance at this stage:ashamed2:
Reply 3985
Original post by medicdude
Would you happen to know if Medicine decision emails/letters are given out later than the rest?

Original post by savethegoldfish
Am a bit confused, if people are getting rejected does that mean colleges have already made their decisions on who to give offers to? Because I was under the impression that they had finalised for interviews, but were still thinking about offers?

some ppl didnt get picked up from the pool at all so when it closed they were automatic rejections. as interviews are going on they may choose to reject ppl along the way. anyway, different colleges are sending out rejections at different times. a rejection will come from the applicants original college so depending on when they decide to send out letters is when we are going to find out.
Has anyone else here lost all hope?
Reply 3987
Original post by savethegoldfish

Thats correct, all decisions have been made. We're now waiting for them to be relayed back to us.
Original post by medicdude

I would imagine that it varies by college, although I don't know for sure and what's happened in previous years may not be the same as this year.

If lots of other people are still yet to hear then take comfort in the fact that you're not the only one.
Original post by joyie
this is completely irrelevant to the thread but can someone please tell me how i can change my avatar thingy?

Toolbar => Customise my Tsr => change my avatar

Bear in mind it must be within 50 pixels in each dimension if you want a custom one
Is it possible that the reason why some people haven't received any news yet is because they want to compare you to the re-interviewers they've fished out? :s-smilie:
Original post by oxymoronic
I would imagine that it varies by college, although I don't know for sure and what's happened in previous years may not be the same as this year.

If lots of other people are still yet to hear then take comfort in the fact that you're not the only one.

I have seen 5 other people applying for different courses who have been rejected from my original college, but I have not heard anything...
Original post by \/ibhav
I've been rejected from Trinity for Mathematics; email came through at 10:51.

noooo not you too :frown:

I have the feeling this like like some horror movie with everyone dying around me until I'm the only one left...
Reply 3993
Original post by Silverland
noooo not you too :frown:

I have the feeling this like like some horror movie with everyone dying around me until I'm the only one left...

I'm still floating... it's not over yet :colone:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3994
Have any Churchill pool rejections started coming out yet?
Original post by Rhiannonymous
Is it possible that the reason why some people haven't received any news yet is because they want to compare you to the re-interviewers they've fished out? :s-smilie:

I don't think that's possible since they made all their decisions when the pool was still open, I don't think they are allowed to change them after it closed.
Reply 3996
Hey have looked through thread and it is unclear to as whether hearing late is a good thing, a bad thing or neither my gut instinct seems to be the later it gets the less likely you are to get an offer.
Reply 3997
Original post by Carri10
Have any Churchill pool rejections started coming out yet?

I have not received news yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by josephtsui
I don't think that's possible since they made all their decisions when the pool was still open, I don't think they are allowed to change them after it closed.

Ah poo.....I know Minerva said it's not good to e-mail them in early January but it's now almost the 10th.....could I try to be really sneaky and ask? :s-smilie:
Original post by hassassin04
Whoever gets 93% average except for Maths and Medicine will be pooled no matter how they did in the interview? Is that correct?

Got exactly 93% average at my A2s and didn't even make it to the pool (for architecture).

Latest

Trending

Trending