The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lydpaper
Nope, were you there on the 7th by any chance?

The 12th, did you hear about current students dressing as Etonians trying to put off pupils waiting in the Marshall room by intimidating them/making up Cambridge stereotypes.

I pretty sure it was on one of the earlier interview dates
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4061
Original post by the.austrian
The 12th, did you hear about pupils dressing as Etonians trying to put off pupils waiting in the Marshall room by intimidating them/making up Cambridge stereotypes.

Hahaa no at least not on mine, they were really nice! You sure they werent actually etonians? haha
Reply 4062
Original post by Kidioteque
All the Magdalene fishes still swimming? Wondering when they'll start breaking the bad news...

Not sure I would describe myself as managing to stay afloat but I'm still here. I emailed them and asked for news but have had no reply :frown:
Hahaa no at least not on mine, they were really nice! You sure they werent actually etonians? haha

http://oxford.tab.co.uk/2012/12/12/eton-mess/

I'm sure it's not a fair representation of every pupil there! Shame I wasn't there, at least I could have claimed my interview was compromised.
Reply 4064
Original post by economist17
Any Jesus fish heard anything?

Nope, I'm international and actually just received the pool letter today.
Reply 4065
Its been so quiet since Monday that I can't help but feel that the next few days will see the brutal culling begin.
Reply 4066
Original post by dnx2000
Nope, I'm international and actually just received the pool letter today.

Can I ask what subject you're applying for?
Reply 4067
The 12th, did you hear about current students dressing as Etonians trying to put off pupils waiting in the Marshall room by intimidating them/making up Cambridge stereotypes.

I was on the 12th for Engineering as well :smile:
Reply 4068
Original post by cwatt6
Yep they rang me on Saturday afternoon to say they'd like to give me an offer for engineering :smile: but they said they would send me the details but still haven't :frown: is anyone in the same situation?

Do you mind sharing some details about your A Level subjects and UMS averages? and what college you originally applied to?
I'm also an Engineering applicant who's been pooled, and still waiting!
Nope, were you there on the 7th by any chance?

I was there on 7th for my engineering interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4070
Can I ask what subject you're applying for?

Engineering :tongue:
Reply 4071
Have any original Churchill applicants heard yet?
Many engineers fished so far?
Reply 4072
Original post by Kidioteque
All the Magdalene fishes still swimming? Wondering when they'll start breaking the bad news...

Magdalene friend, I just checked last year's thread, it looks like they were one of the last to communicate, and also their rejections came through the post. There were also a few people who emailed them and were ignored (as I have been so far.)
Yay.
Original post by dnx2000
I was on the 12th for Engineering as well :smile:

I spoke to 2 international students at my interview, one from Greece and one from Argentina any chance you're one of the two I spoke to (this will be mildly embarrassing if not) in the Marshall room.
Reply 4074
Original post by Hephaestus 13
I was there on 7th for my engineering interview

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im taking a wild guess, are you scottish?
Reply 4075
I spoke to 2 international students at my interview, one from Greece and one from Argentina any chance you're one of the two I spoke to (this will be mildly embarrassing if not) in the Marshall room.

Haha the one from Greece :biggrin:, I remember you, although I only saw three other people that day so that's not surprising.
Any other English lit fishes on this thread??
Dear fishies, I have been lurking and making myself crazy reading this thread, and I am just the parent of a little fish (pooled from Clare CompSci, not heard anything yet). My little fish is too nervous to even look at this thread. Good luck to all of you! I really enjoyed all the fishy puns yesterday.
Im taking a wild guess, are you scottish?

No but I do live near Scotland :smile: I live near Newcastle

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dnx2000
Haha the one from Greece :biggrin:, I remember you, although I only saw three other people that day so that's not surprising.
:smile:, how did you find the Physics based interview? The interviewers kept sighing at me and I lost the will to live. (The other two guys in Maths I thought were friendly and encouraging)

Latest