The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4100
Original post by Chrisgame
I second the lack of Queens' communication.
Looks like they're leaving us in the balance for another day!

I agree :/
Reply 4101
Original post by HarryCross
Has anyone else got a re-interview at Fitzwilliam? I got pooled by Christs and have an interview at Fitz on Fri, Excited!

Is this for MML by any chance?
Original post by dnx2000
First of all, I had to wait for about 20 minutes outside the Physics room until they finally called me in. However, the actual interview was better than I expected it to be (partly because by that time I persuaded myself that I will screw up). I blanked out at some point but overall I enjoyed it, even though the interviewers barely reacted to my answers.

Now that I look back, I think it's the Math interview that really screwed me over, I said such stupid things...

Yeah the way they didn't react really threw me, then when the sighs came I felt like it was game over so I had no pressure in the Maths interview- nothing to lose.

Good luck for getting fished (I don't think I want to be fished anymore, if I could offer my place to someone more deserving I think I would!)
Reply 4103
Original post by Rynchy
Having shadowed this thread for the past 6 days (yes, I've been counting!), it has provided me with great comfort having being pooled. I was giving up hope, until a letter from Gonville & Caius arrived offering me a place for history. For the record, I was pooled by King's, and had no communication from Caius until today. They didn't even phone me or send me an e-mail, it was such a shock to see the letter! Good luck to the rest of you still in the pool, the offers are still coming.

Congratulations! That's fantastic news and gives hope to us fish still swimming :biggrin:
Original post by arnoldtam
still waiting:frown:
and you?

JUST found out I've been drowned :stomp:
Original post by anamzaman

when did you get the e-mail? :<
A fish from Land Economy drowned right now over email.
Original post by Silverland
when did you get the e-mail? :<

It was sent 3 hours ago but I checked about a minute ago. This sucks hell! My dad spent a lot of money sending me for the interview and now I have to tell him that it was all for nothing. It's really disappointing. I still can't believe it.
Reply 4108

I'm sorry... I'm sure you'll do great elsewhere though, remember being pooled is an achievement in itself! Did you find out just now though? Do they send out emails so late..?
Reply 4109
Original post by medicdude
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/drown

1. To kill by submerging and suffocating in water or another liquid.

Air isn't a liquid either.

These kind of conversations is one of the reasons why I want to go there :smile:
Reply 4110
Original post by NellyClark
What college are you from?? :smile:

Applied Jesus, yourself?
Original post by NellyClark
I'm from Downing :/ seemingly the least responsive college.. what about you?
So far I think one offer and two interviews for english.. but only three colleges have fished, I'm hoping this just means it takes longer for english departments to decide who they want to fish cos its so oversubscribed.. but thats probably just my desperation kicking in :s-smilie:

Me too from Downing, I hope they hurry up! Any idea how long they took last year, I had a brief look at the thread and can't find it :/
It was sent 3 hours ago but I checked about a minute ago. This sucks hell! My dad spent a lot of money sending me for the interview and now I have to tell him that it was all for nothing. It's really disappointing. I still can't believe it.

Which college were you?? And good luck with your dad :/ still, getting into the pool is quality, just means I guess taht we all picked the wrong college :frown:
Original post by HBAD
Applied Jesus, yourself?

Downing, Jesus was my second choice but I didn't fancy the extra test, which I ended up doing anyway- Downing just didn't advertise it- sneaky.
Original post by Achilleasrn
Has anyone else here lost all hope?

Meeee, lost it long time ago.
Original post by 777edr777
Me too from Downing, I hope they hurry up! Any idea how long they took last year, I had a brief look at the thread and can't find it :/

No idea! One person's been told about their rejection from Downing so I guess tomorrow is D-day :frown: what subject are you?
Reply 4116
Got rejected today, pooled by trinity (For maths) oh well :biggrin:
What I've learnt from the Cambridge pooling process:

1) Every college lacks communication skills.
2) I don't like being a fish.
3) After the 7th Jan the make or break of direct offer vs. rejection is torture.
4) No news isn't always good news.
5) I hate waiting.
6) I want to go to a university that understands human emotion.
7) see point 2
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4118
Is there any real reason why those of us not fished have to wait so long for a rejection when they've already decided our fate? Seems a bit unnecessary given this is exam season to cause applicants more anguish.
I'd quite like it if Cam just changed their minds, accepted all the poolies, and rejected all the offer holders. The offer holders have no clue how much love for Cam and your subject you need to have if you intend to not be driven to insanity by the pool. I think a lot of people who already have offers will have crumbled long before us

Latest

Trending

Trending