The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dark Lord of Mordor
First year accommodation is on West Road for Caius, which is about a 5-10 minute walk from the main site I think

Oh noes. I've not been inside Caius yet, I want to try make it my aim to visit as many colleges as I can. :biggrin:
Reply 881
Original post by Crushy10
No worries haha :smile:

It doesn't include latin :smile: it 3 grades as long as they're done this academic year which includes maths which i finish this month :biggrin:

And I find that too, you dont tend to get the massive sentences which never end!

Oh that's so lucky, so you only have to do two in the summer!! Good luck with maths :smile: it's so annoying when there are multiple clauses that make little to no sense at all and then the teacher suddenly spouts some lovely eloquent phrase that clearly wasn't there in the first place... :L how many are there in your class?
Reply 882
Original post by Natalie21
Maybe we should :wink:. What college did you apply to?

Caius :biggrin: you?
Reply 883
Original post by BibbyDuck
Wow, wish I lived were you do! Yes luckily they didn't mind my lack of medical work experience :smile: but my other choices might a bit :/ where else did you apply?

It is a nice scheme, but I had to bug my teacher for ages to give me the letter about it :L never mind, who cares about your other choices' opinions!! :wink: Birmingham, Imperial, Edinburgh. You?
Reply 884
Original post by Nyolg
Yay! What course?:smile: We should create some subforum or sth like that :smile:

"Yay" doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about all of this :biggrin: And I'm for HSPS :smile: You?
EEEEK Track has updated!
They can't take it back now! :cake::cake::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3:
Original post by JustMe?
Another prospective Churchillian here! Natural Sciences for me :biggrin: what was your offer?

I do not know yet - waiting for formal letter.

How about you? Was that your first choice or were you pooled?
Original post by chocoholic_x
Aha yes it seems like it! :h: I've now researched Magdalene thoroughly and have decided I love it! I'm really glad to have been picked from there and in some ways, it's fairly similar to King's as they were built during a similar time and overlook the river Cam. :smile: Plus they have a Ben & Jerry's night! :tongue:

I don't know about the offer as of yet as they emailed to say they will send the official letter in a week's time. I hope they don't raise the standard offer because of the fact that they fished me from the pool...

Oh, and I just thought I'd mention, one of my best friends got an offer for Linguistics also! You'll have your lectures together then, though I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or not. :tongue:

I'm glad you like Magdalene! It was in my top 3 when I was choosing colleges. :smile: And let's hope you get the standard offer. :smile:

Oh, great, why would it be a bad thing to attend lectures together with your friend? (I could say she/he applied for Linguistics which makes someone automatically awesome, so... :biggrin:)
Reply 888
Original post by matheusz11
I do not know yet - waiting for formal letter.

How about you? Was that your first choice or were you pooled?

Ah fair play! A*AA and a in as further maths; first choice :smile:
Original post by meowcat95
Caius :biggrin: you?

Nice :biggrin:. Christ's!
Original post by JustMe?
Ah fair play! A*AA and a in as further maths; first choice :smile:

I was pooled by Trinity and offered a place just 2 days ago, that is why I did not receive anything by now with specific conditions send by a letter.

Why did you apply to Churchill on the first place, if I may ask? Any specific you liked about the college? :wink:
Reply 891
Original post by Oromis263
Excellent. :colone: Up for King's Parade Crawl, come October (grades permitting)? We get it easy when it comes to making it back to our homes. :lol: (I assume Gonville and Caius have first year accommodation on site? :smile:

Maybe :tongue: I'm not sure where the accommodation is, but I read on their website that for first years it's all ensuite :woo:

Original post by Oromis263
Oh noes. I've not been inside Caius yet, I want to try make it my aim to visit as many colleges as I can. :biggrin:

It is so much bigger than it looks on the outside, and very pretty :biggrin:
Reply 892
Original post by matheusz11
Why did you apply to Churchill on the first place, if I may ask?

It's away from the town centre, so I can cycle in each morning for lectures; it also means it won't be as crowded outside! There's the fact it's rather spacious, and you get to stay within the college itself for three years rather than hostels outside if you're in one of the smaller colleges. It's non-traditional, and has the only college-based free weekly themed disco :P
Reply 893
Original post by Natalie21
Nice :biggrin:. Christ's!

Coool :biggrin: so I'm thinking we should set up this facebook group... PM me your name and I'll add you then we can master-plan :colone:
Reply 894
Original post by meowcat95
It is a nice scheme, but I had to bug my teacher for ages to give me the letter about it :L never mind, who cares about your other choices' opinions!! :wink: Birmingham, Imperial, Edinburgh. You?

Haha yes I suppose I don't need to worry about my other choices now :smile: (provided I get the grades!) I have also applied to UCL, Imperial and Leeds :smile:
Reply 895
Track made my DAY !! Unconditional is awesome :smile: when can we firm ?
Reply 896
Original post by BibbyDuck
Haha yes I suppose I don't need to worry about my other choices now :smile: (provided I get the grades!) I have also applied to UCL, Imperial and Leeds :smile:

But for medicine you'd have to get the grades to go anywhere really (not that I'm not worried about it! :P ) ah, have you got an interview at imperial?
Original post by JustMe?
It's away from the town centre, so I can cycle in each morning for lectures; it also means it won't be as crowded outside! There's the fact it's rather spacious, and you get to stay within the college itself for three years rather than hostels outside if you're in one of the smaller colleges. It's non-traditional, and has the only college-based free weekly themed disco :P

Should we set-up a Facebook group?
Do you know any other Churchill-offer holders?

I know one fellow mathematician also holding offer :smile:
Will track be updated in colleges??

Bet Selwyn'll be a while...
Original post by ThatFrog
Me! :biggrin: Congrats on the offer btw, what did you apply for? :smile:

Woo! haha you too :smile: Medicine, you?

Latest

Trending

Trending