The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Is UCL a good university do you think? I got rejected from murray Edwards and UCL is my back-up.
Original post by 777edr777
Which college were you?? And good luck with your dad :/ still, getting into the pool is quality, just means I guess taht we all picked the wrong college :frown:

Murray Edwards. and thanks i guess :smile: but I made an open application thinking it would be better. :bricks:
Original post by Silverland
I'd quite like it if Cam just changed their minds, accepted all the poolies, and rejected all the offer holders. The offer holders have no clue how much love for Cam and your subject you need to have if you intend to not be driven to insanity by the pool. I think a lot of people who already have offers will have crumbled long before us

A guy from my school was actually depressed (or trying to look depressed) from getting an offer thinking he doesn't deserve it. God what I won't give to lawfully smack his face.
Original post by WhiteHouses
A guy from my school was actually depressed (or trying to look depressed) from getting an offer thinking he doesn't deserve it. God what I won't give to lawfully smack his face.

To be fair, if he was smug and ecstatic about it I'm sure you'd want to punch him just as much ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Original post by Bord3r
Is there any real reason why those of us not fished have to wait so long for a rejection when they've already decided our fate? Seems a bit unnecessary given this is exam season to cause applicants more anguish.

Totally agree. They have already decided those fishy offer at early Jan, just so pointless to let us wait like morons. It's really hard to be not distracted by this.
To be fair, if he was smug and ecstatic about it I'm sure you'd want to punch him just as much ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't think so, as long as he doesn't rub on my face that I've been pooled. Besides, I genuinely like smug people.
Just learnt that my college is one of the biggest snails of all the colleges to give out responses, especially for my subject.....*sigh*
Original post by NellyClark
No idea! One person's been told about their rejection from Downing so I guess tomorrow is D-day :frown: what subject are you?

Geography, you?? Do yup know if it was post or email?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rhiannonymous
Just learnt that my college is one of the biggest snails of all the colleges to give out responses, especially for my subject.....*sigh*

Which college is that? :confused:
Original post by anamzaman
Is UCL a good university do you think? I got rejected from murray Edwards and UCL is my back-up.

http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/world-university-rankings/2012

I guess 4th in the world would be classed as 'good' :wink:
Original post by 777edr777
Geography, you?? Do yup know if it was post or email?

Posted from TSR Mobile

English and Email :smile:
Reply 4131
Original post by Ann4
Any Selwyn fish heard anything? I'm still swimming atm

Posted from TSR Mobile

Glug glug, I'm losing the will to swim any more!
Selwyn here too, which subject for you?
Reply 4132
Downing, Jesus was my second choice but I didn't fancy the extra test, which I ended up doing anyway- Downing just didn't advertise it- sneaky.

The bitches! There don't seem to be that many vocal English poolees on this thread. Is that because there aren't many of them? Or because we should be busy reading? Either way, I'd quite like to know what's going on, i've gotten bored of waiting.

ps- A word of comfort to my fellow shwimmers:

We ain't no wet fish, we're sharks, and if people are too afraid to fish for Sharks, well, we can only pity them.
Original post by HBAD
The bitches! There don't seem to be that many vocal English poolees on this thread. Is that because there aren't many of them? Or because we should be busy reading? Either way, I'd quite like to know what's going on, i've gotten bored of waiting.

We ain't no wet fish, we're sharks, and if people are too afraid to fish for Sharks, well, we can only pity them.

:biggrin: thats what I thought when they gave it to me!

Maybe there are no english poolies cos they've all got offers... or not many have been pooled (h o p e f u l l y -_-)

I'm hating the waiting also! The pool really screwed me up -now it's like being rejected everytime I check my emails.

Does anyone on this thread understand why they say you can still receive offers between the 10th- 14th, when they made their decisions days ago... ???
Reply 4134
I'd quite like it if Cam just changed their minds, accepted all the poolies, and rejected all the offer holders. The offer holders have no clue how much love for Cam and your subject you need to have if you intend to not be driven to insanity by the pool. I think a lot of people who already have offers will have crumbled long before us

I would have crumbled but I'm still crossing everything for my tSR friends......:smile: I'm watching waiting and hoping for you all x
Reply 4135
Original post by HBAD

:biggrin: thats what I thought when they gave it to me!

Maybe there are no english poolies cos they've all got offers... or not many have been pooled (h o p e f u l l y -_-)

I'm hating the waiting also! The pool really screwed me up -now it's like being rejected everytime I check my emails.

Does anyone on this thread understand why they say you can still receive offers between the 10th- 14th, when they made their decisions days ago... ???

Hi English folks! Boo, being in the pool sucks - my books are getting all wet :frown:
Original post by Jackkkkk

I can't believe that is a good list if MIT isn't in the top ten...

EDIT: Epic facepalm. Just read MIT is #1 on the list.... my bad!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4137
Original post by medicdude
That makes two - two have had rejections for Geography and Engineering...
Hopefully this means something!

Hopefully it doesn't mean they haven't left us off the email list...

Make that three. I just got a letter for rejection for geography from St Catz. Obvs disappointed but they sent me a really nice letter and i'm very lucky to have some other offers lined up. good luck to all remaining fishes :smile:
Reply 4138
Original post by Chrisgame
I can't believe that is a good list if MIT isn't in the top ten...

EDIT: Epic facepalm. Just read MIT is #1 on the list.... my bad!

hahaha was just about to point that out :biggrin:

Your mere 5 days is incomparable with an outright rejection and a whole year. Please, don't assume because people have outright offers that they don't deserve it nor want it as passionately as you guys too.

This sounds a bit blunt. I do wish you all luck, but saying things like that with any hint of seriousness isn't exactly great! :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest