The Student Room Group

What do you think?does he like me?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
He said I was quiet as in he couldn't always hear me. I did notice I was much nervous than usual. I hope that didn't put him off because he thinks I'm quiet.

Not sure when to send or not send it? I don't want to seem clingy or desperate.

A

There is nothing wrong with being a little shy or nervous!! It really shouldn't put him off, unless he thinks that maybe you seem very different to the way you text..

I doubt you will sound clingy!! Maybe don't tell him you miss him, just be honest with him..

"You know that time we met up, I was pretty nervous around you. I was wondering if we could do it again but this time I promise it will be different :wink:"

Sorry I can't think of anything better :tongue:

I just think he may find it cute, just depends on what type of guy he is.
Reply 61
Original post by YouDontWannaKnow
There is nothing wrong with being a little shy or nervous!! It really shouldn't put him off, unless he thinks that maybe you seem very different to the way you text..

I doubt you will sound clingy!! Maybe don't tell him you miss him, just be honest with him..

"You know that time we met up, I was pretty nervous around you. I was wondering if we could do it again but this time I promise it will be different :wink:"

Sorry I can't think of anything better :tongue:

I just think he may find it cute, just depends on what type of guy he is.

He seems like a confident guy but a nice guy not sure if he's a pursuer .
Even when we first got talking it was me who messaged him first and asked to meet him then he lost his phone and when he got it back it wouldn't turn on then he text to ask me to meet.

I did ask him once to meet again the day he was hungover. He did say maybe later then didn't suggest another time . I think he fell asleep.
I don't want to seem like I'm forcing him to meet me.

Would that message if I sent it show that I do have a flirty side? and it's less boring then do you want to meet up again.

Would that message if I sent it show that I do have a flirty side? and it's less boring then do you want to meet up again.

Sweetie it has to be you!! Don't be something you aren't, okay?

That's the main rule!!

I would just say text him and ask :smile:

What's the worst that could happen?
What do i do if he doesn't reply or add me in the next few days?
Do I text say next week and ask if he fancy's meeting up again? or what?

Yeah, ask him that. Next weekend? The one after? Whenever he's free.
Reply 64
Sweetie it has to be you!! Don't be something you aren't, okay?

That's the main rule!!

I would just say text him and ask :smile:

What's the worst that could happen?

Yeah I actually would say that. It's just weird I have met up with like about 5/6 guys and I've never really seemed quiet or nervous. I've been more chatty and relaxed and jokey. Will I give it a few days like maybe send it over the weekend? or Friday? or next week? not sure I want to send it today.
I used to analyse these situations like you do and then I realised that I was doing it all wrong. You have this guy on a pedestal and it seems to me like he could reply at any time he liked and be as aloof as he wanted and still have your attention. And yet here you are, fretting over everything you do and say and whether it might make him lose interest. You're trying so hard to impress him, be what you think he wants you to be and meet his standards, but don't you have standards about how someone treats you? If someone was aloof with me or took an unreasonable amount of time to respond to me I'd dismiss him as falling short of my standards as well as someone who clearly just wasn't interested in me. He's got all the power in his hands here and I think you need to take some from him by treating him as an option rather than someone your self-esteem depends on. This might sound full-on but as soon as I realised all this I felt so much better. You need to take the attitude that he'd be lucky to have you.
Reply 66
Original post by Climbontoyourseahorse
I used to analyse these situations like you do and then I realised that I was doing it all wrong. You have this guy on a pedestal and it seems to me like he could reply at any time he liked and be as aloof as he wanted and still have your attention. And yet here you are, fretting over everything you do and say and whether it might make him lose interest. You're trying so hard to impress him, be what you think he wants you to be and meet his standards, but don't you have standards about how someone treats you? If someone was aloof with me or took an unreasonable amount of time to respond to me I'd dismiss him as falling short of my standards as well as someone who clearly just wasn't interested in me. He's got all the power in his hands here and I think you need to take some from him by treating him as an option rather than someone your self-esteem depends on. This might sound full-on but as soon as I realised all this I felt so much better. You need to take the attitude that he'd be lucky to have you.

Oh yeah true it's just since he made an effort to get back in contact after all these months so he was interested that time .
Yeah I actually would say that. It's just weird I have met up with like about 5/6 guys and I've never really seemed quiet or nervous. I've been more chatty and relaxed and jokey. Will I give it a few days like maybe send it over the weekend? or Friday? or next week? not sure I want to send it today.

Whenever you're ready :smile:

And its probably because you like him, maybe even fond of him..

I can't wait to feel like that :biggrin:
Reply 68
Whenever you're ready :smile:

And its probably because you like him, maybe even fond of him..

I can't wait to feel like that :biggrin:

Maybe yeah I've never really been the way I was when I was with him. And after meeting him I was thinking I was more quiet than usual.
Not sure if I should tell him and say "like I have met up with others before I've never really been that quiet suprised me a bit"
Maybe yeah I've never really been the way I was when I was with him. And after meeting him I was thinking I was more quiet than usual.
Not sure if I should tell him and say "like I have met up with others before I've never really been that quiet suprised me a bit"

Oh don't mention other guys!! Just bring up the point if he comments on you being extra quiet. Just tell him "Well its never happened before, Im dont why it happens [you could add when Im with you]" Then you might just end up blushing :tongue:

Which I think will also be very cute!! Yet you can't plan these things, you need to stop worrying and think positive :biggrin:
Oh yeah true it's just since he made an effort to get back in contact after all these months so he was interested that time .

This guy might possibly be interested but remember that when we like someone and desperately want things to work out we focus on anything that is a possible sign of interest and dismiss anything that isn't. This might not be what you want to hear but if you're texting a guy, he goes silent for a few months and then he gets in contact out of the blue, it is very possible that he in the meantime tried his luck with women he was more interested in, failed to get anywhere and then tried you again because you showed interest in the first place. This might not be the case, but don't get your hopes up.
Reply 71
Original post by Climbontoyourseahorse
This guy might possibly be interested but remember that when we like someone and desperately want things to work out we focus on anything that is a possible sign of interest and dismiss anything that isn't. This might not be what you want to hear but if you're texting a guy, he goes silent for a few months and then he gets in contact out of the blue, it is very possible that he in the meantime tried his luck with women he was more interested in, failed to get anywhere and then tried you again because you showed interest in the first place. This might not be the case, but don't get your hopes up.

He told me why he stopped contact he said "My apologies for the blank I dropped my phone in the cinema and lost everything only had the brain wave to look online at my phonebook" then I asked if he found the phone he said he did but it didn't turn on and he had to order another phone.
Reply 72
Oh don't mention other guys!! Just bring up the point if he comments on you being extra quiet. Just tell him "Well its never happened before, Im dont why it happens [you could add when Im with you]" Then you might just end up blushing :tongue:

Which I think will also be very cute!! Yet you can't plan these things, you need to stop worrying and think positive :biggrin:

He knew about the other guys before as we met online and he knew I'd met other people and I said I usually don't see them again. He said "well I wouldn't run away after a first date" . This was a 2months ago.

So he knows I have met up with others in the past. He mentioned the me being quiet after the date he meant talking quietly. I wasn't like that with any of the others I've met which is weird but I was nervous around him. I'll maybe give it time before asking him to meet again.
He knew about the other guys before as we met online and he knew I'd met other people and I said I usually don't see them again. He said "well I wouldn't run away after a first date" . This was a 2months ago.

So he knows I have met up with others in the past. He mentioned the me being quiet after the date he meant talking quietly. I wasn't like that with any of the others I've met which is weird but I was nervous around him. I'll maybe give it time before asking him to meet again.

That's all fine!!

Just guys don't really like the girl they like talking about other guys.
Reply 74
That's all fine!!

Just guys don't really like the girl they like talking about other guys.

Oh right so if I say it but don't mention the other guys just say I'm not normally that nervous . He did say I seem like a nice girl he's said this a lot before and after meeting. Don't know that means he still wants to get to know me or he thinks I'm too nice.
Oh right so if I say it but don't mention the other guys just say I'm not normally that nervous . He did say I seem like a nice girl he's said this a lot before and after meeting. Don't know that means he still wants to get to know me or he thinks I'm too nice.

You need to see him again or atleast talk to him about it! There is no point wasting time on assumptions when they could be entirely wrong.

You want to know what he's thinking, only he knows what he is thinking (unless you're psychic or something)

I think you need to be a little bit more open with him and tell him how you feel or atleast ask him to meet up with you and tell him you like him or ask him how he feels about you.
Reply 76
You need to see him again or atleast talk to him about it! There is no point wasting time on assumptions when they could be entirely wrong.

You want to know what he's thinking, only he knows what he is thinking (unless you're psychic or something)

I think you need to be a little bit more open with him and tell him how you feel or atleast ask him to meet up with you and tell him you like him or ask him how he feels about you.

We don't know each other long like only a few days as we stopped talking for ages. I'll text him in a few days or maybe Friday . I'll send that message

You know that time we met up, I was pretty nervous around you. I was wondering if we could do it again but this time I promise it will be different :wink: I'm not usually that quiet ha"

Is that still ok ? I know I overanalyse lol/
We don't know each other long like only a few days as we stopped talking for ages. I'll text him in a few days or maybe Friday . I'll send that message

You know that time we met up, I was pretty nervous around you. I was wondering if we could do it again but this time I promise it will be different :wink: I'm not usually that quiet ha"

Is that still ok ? I know I overanalyse lol/

That sounds just fine!!

(For a minute there when I was reading it, I actually thought that was for me :rofl: scared the **** out of me!!!)

I think it was the "you" which caught me lolololololololololol

But don't worry and good luck :smile:

Let us know how you do!!
Reply 78
That sounds just fine!!

(For a minute there when I was reading it, I actually thought that was for me :rofl: scared the **** out of me!!!)

Let us know how you do!!

Lol yeah I will hope It'll catch him I hope he won't think I'm too full on I'll send it anyway it's not like I'm saying I like him or I'm in love with him or something.

Even though he still hasn't added me on facebook.
Reply 79
That sounds just fine!!

Let us know how you do!!

I might send this instead "Hey hows it going? Do you fancy meeting up again?if you're up for it . I was a little nervous the first time ha""
or this
You know the first time we met up, I was a little nervous ha. Do you fancy meeting up again if you're up for it?"

I think the other sounded a bit like I thought I did something wrong and wanted to change myself.

Is this one still okay?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending