The Student Room Group

Country Banners

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Yellowquiet

(Sorry! I thought QFA meant 'Quote For Acknowledgement'. Apparently not...)

Quote for Attention :wink:
Original post by RoryS
Quote for Attention :wink:

Ah! Thank you! That's very different (and much less offensive) than what Cheese_Monster told me it stood for. :tongue:

Cheese_Monster
QFA
Reply 82
Ah! Thank you! That's very different (and much less offensive) than what Cheese_Monster told me it stood for. :tongue:

No problem! :lol:
Reply 83

Here's my attempt for the USA:

I'm not too sure about it... I see what Qwertish means about it being a hectic flag, and I don't think I've done much to help that. :tongue:

This is amazing! It's so flashy and audacious, exactly what you'd expect. 'Murica.
Reply 84
Original post by Qwertish
Here ya go, complete with grammatically correct articles:

I also updated my own to fit with the theme :smile:

Great job! Especially on the Swiss flag which would've been tricky for me.
If anyone wants my poorly made powerpoint template im happy to share it or make one for you.
If it's possible, can someone make one for Canada, I had a go but it looks shoddy haha, thanks in advance if anyone can! or if not tell me how to do it??
Original post by Superunknown17
If it's possible, can someone make one for Canada, I had a go but it looks shoddy haha, thanks in advance if anyone can! or if not tell me how to do it??

Here's my attempt at it:

I'm not too keen on the placement of the UN symbol; one sec, I'll make an alt. version.

EDIT: Here's an alternate version.

If you want anything changed, let me know and I'll try my best. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)

Here's my attempt at it:

I'm not too keen on the placement of the UN symbol; one sec, I'll make an alt. version.

EDIT: Here's an alternate version.

If you want anything changed, let me know and I'll try my best. :smile:

Aww, thanks very much, they look brilliant, I do agree that the second one does look better, it's great, thanks, so how do we put them in our sigs? :P
Reply 89
Dont suppose someone would like to make one for the UK and NZ... im kind of stuck without a real computer for the next few months :tongue:
Original post by cl_steele
Dont suppose someone would like to make one for the UK and NZ... im kind of stuck without a real computer for the next few months :tongue:

The UK one is going to look so cool! :smile:.
Aww, thanks very much, they look brilliant, I do agree that the second one does look better, it's great, thanks, so how do we put them in our sigs? :P

Glad you like it! :biggrin:

I posted a mini-tutorial here for putting them in your signature and linking them to the TSR MUN page. If you're still having trouble, then feel free to PM me and I'll see if I can help further. :smile:
Glad you like it! :biggrin:

I posted a mini-tutorial here for putting them in your signature and linking them to the TSR MUN page. If you're still having trouble, then feel free to PM me and I'll see if I can help further. :smile:

Thanks a lot for your help, I just tried it then so if it hasn;t worked I've done something wrong and may need your help again haha'
Thanks a lot for your help, I just tried it then so if it hasn;t worked I've done something wrong and may need your help again haha'

I can't see it, but that might just be my PC.

Into your signature, type the following without the asterisks (*).

[*URL][*IMG]http://i.imgur.com/mfieP.png
I can't see it, but that might just be my PC.

Into your signature, type the following without the asterisks (*).

[*URL][*IMG]http://i.imgur.com/mfieP.png

Ok, will do, thanks for your help ^.^
Original post by cl_steele

The UK flag is a bit... strange... but here's my attempt at it:

Let me know if you want anything changed or if you want it done differently. I'll have a go at NZ in a minute. :smile:
Reply 96

Let me know if you want anything changed or if you want it done differently. I'll have a go at NZ in a minute. :smile:

The NZ flag is similar to Aus, you could have a look at how I did them :smile:

Also, lol at the UK one! So similar to the American one >_>
Reply 97

Nice :cool:
Original post by Qwertish
The NZ flag is similar to Aus, you could have a look at how I did them :smile:

Also, lol at the UK one! So similar to the American one >_>

I was half way through a NZ design, but I think I prefer your Aus one, so I might try that as well. :wink:

Haha yeah, the flags for the UK and the US are too flashy! Why can't they just have a few stripes like most other countries?! :tongue:
Reply 99
I was half way through a NZ design, but I think I prefer your Aus one, so I might try that as well. :wink:

Haha yeah, the flags for the UK and the US are too flashy! Why can't they just have a few stripes like most other countries?! :tongue:

For the UN logo I added a white colour overlay and then set the layer opacity (not the fill or the overlay opacity) to 20% (I used 30 for all the others, but 20 on this one because it's got text on top of it).

I know! Design nightmare lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending